You still can crossbuy PS3 (and Vita) games on PS4 and PS5 even to this day. (2022)

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some people probably already know this, but I found it quite interesting, recently I've been thinking about getting a used PS3 as it will be the only Sony console to be left out of the new Playstation Plus on PS4 and PS5 and there are no backwards compatibility plans in a near future. (honestly having only streaming as the only option to play PS3 games is not an option for me)

So I was surprised to see that when I bought Journey on PS4 I got the PS3 version for free and when I bought FEZ on PS3 I also got the PS4/PS5 version absolutely free, now i can get all trophies in both versions of the game and increase my level and my brother can play on ps3 while i would play on ps4 or ps5.

This is amazing, I honestly thought the game crossbuy option was gone with the Playstation Store Web update.

There are some great games that give you this option like 99 Lives, The Bit.Trip (and I think Runner 2 too), FEZ, Helldivers and Shovel Knight that when you buy the PS3 version you get the PS4-PS5 version and vice versa.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0