Homebrew Homebrew app Does anyone know how to make a Wii U system region free with Haxchi?

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only found one Wii U homebrew video on YouTube where it involves installing Mocha CFW instead of Haxchi, in order to make your Wii U region-free. I already have Haxchi installed and don't wanna have to install another CFW just so I can play one Japanese import of a Wii U game(Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE). That's literally the only reason why I want to make my Wii U region-free.

Last edited by SithLord,

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not another cfw, more a cfw enhancement.
Oh okay. I just downloaded spiik and it seems to me that all it really contains in the download file for it, is just an elf file. Do I cut and paste that elf file onto my apps folder in my Nintendo Wii U SD Card or somewhere else?

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, I just simply copy and paste the spiik elf file into my Wii U SD card and it automatically made my Wii U region free without any extra work. I'm finally playing the JPN version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. :)

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never mind, I just simply copy and paste the spiik elf file into my Wii U SD card and it automatically made my Wii U region free without any extra work. I'm finally playing the JPN version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. :)
I think you miss interpreted the Spiik app and function.
Spiik it's just an Homebrew app to be open before your favourite game with a specific language. It's not an automated app. The CFW it's a region free FW (but NOT one specific Region OS System Language as example US WiiU --> OS EU) , what Spiik app make if you run it, just let you run your favourite Game different regions with the language of that Region that you set in Spiik before start the Game.....

Last edited by CrisMod,

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you miss interpreted the Spiik app and function.
Spiik it's just an Homebrew app to be open before your favourite game with a specific language. It's not an automated app. The CFW it's a region free FW (but NOT one specific Region OS System Language as example US WiiU --> OS EU) , what Spiik app make if you run it, just let you run your favourite Game different regions with the language of that Region that you set in Spiik before start the Game.....
I didn't even see the spiik app anywhere in my Haxchi homebrew channel so I didn't run anything as far as I recalled when using my Wii U today yet I was still able to play my Japanese import copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't even see the spiik app anywhere in my Haxchi homebrew channel so I didn't run anything as far as I recalled when using my Wii U today yet I was still able to play my Japanese import copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.
Because Haxchi let you play as the own Haxchi it's a Region Free CFW.
If you have an US WiiU Console and you want run a Game from different Region, you can by default with the Haxchi, but if the game it has more than one language inside the Game coding, as example:
EU Game with 5 EU Languages the CFW it's able to run it but will run the English as default, and there are the Games that you cannot change the languages into the Menu Game; because the Software House it let change it automatically on base of your Console Region (could be that even don't run at all)....Here comes Spiik, Spiik "fake temporary the System" (without to change any System Language) to let think to the game to run in, as an example: Spenish Console and the game by default will change in Spenish.....
To run Spiik if you need it, you have to go here: https://github.com/marco-calautti/spiik/releases/tag/v0.1b
Download it, Copy the .elf file and paste into SD:/wiiu/apps/ (here create a folder called Spiik and paste into it), then you can use Spiik before run any particular Game, and this must to do in each reboot of the system, because after reboot (as normal as it is) the RAM will be wiped and the functionality of the app must to be run as any other Homebrew App again (after rebooting the system, if you need).

Last edited by CrisMod,

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Haxchi let you play as the own Haxchi it's a Region Free CFW.
If you have an US WiiU Console and you want run a Game from different Region, you can by default with the Haxchi, but if the game it has more than one language inside the Game coding, as example:
EU Game with 5 EU Languages the CFW it's able to run it but will run the English as default, and there are the Games that you cannot change the languages into the Menu Game; because the Software House it let change it automatically on base of your Console Region (could be that even don't run at all)....Here comes Spiik, Spiik "fake temporary the System" (without to change any System Language) to let think to the game to run in, as an example: Spenish Console and the game by default will change in Spenish.....
To run Spiik if you need it, you have to go here: https://github.com/marco-calautti/spiik/releases/tag/v0.1b
Download it, Copy the .elf file and paste into SD:/wiiu/apps/ (here create a folder called Spiik and paste into it), then you can use Spiik before run any particular Game, and this must to do in each reboot of the system, because after reboot (as normal as it is) the RAM will be wiped and the functionality of the app must to be run as any other Homebrew App again (after rebooting the system, if you need).
Oh, I see now.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
im the veteran at wiiu problem. SPIIK will not help you to play all games! i can say almost every nintendo exclusive game cannot run with spiik. except DK tropical freeze and Hyrule wariors

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT