Hardware Do you think Nintendo Will

Will Nintendo Fix NTRBOOTHAX with a Hardware revision?

• Yes, will f**k us

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Nope, nintendo dont care.

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
:tpi:Just yesterday i sold my New Nintendo 3DS, it was the Black Model. Because i just fell in love with the new Galaxy Model looks Nice.

But thats not the theme here, im not worried about it but, just asking to know when it could happen.

Do you think Nintendo would make a Hardware Revision to fix NTRBOOTHAX?

Or you think Nintendo will not do anything?

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't do anything. It's too late into the console's life for hardware revisions, and Nintendo knows that the ability to pirate actually gets them more sales.
Besides, they knew about NTRBoot months before the N2DS came out, and it still worked on the console.

D

Deleted User

At most I think they'd do some sort of sneaky shit with new batches of existing models where they change some stuff here and there to fix some exploits, but even then I doubt they'd do that.

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Considering how slowly but noticeably Nintendo is turning down 3DS services i think that it's safe to say that there will be no new hardware revision. and even if, to make it actualy work thet should also remove from market all old consoles and this is pretty much impossible.

Also:

nintendo fixing a system to be murdered by the switch, kek, they say the switch won't replace the 3ds but they did say the ds wouldn't replace the gba, hehe

What the crap are you babbling about? 3DS is selling still pretty much on the same level as Switch. I would say that actualy 3DS being still active takes Switch's market space, not that Switch is killing it. Ceasing 3DS services is not because of Switch, but because of how 3DS is right now wide open for hackers.

D

Deleted User

I read somewhere ntrboothax is a method of fixing the console, used by nintendo themselves. the fact it was released to the public and now used by people is a problem which is not really easy to fix. they will thave to change production lines, which costs lots of money, make a new way thats safe to use to fix the new consoles, then train the crew that is fixing consoles, which costs more money, all of this isnt likely because who spends money on a console that is on the way out anyways?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nintendo fixing a system to be murdered by the switch, kek, they say the switch won't replace the 3ds but they did say the ds wouldn't replace the gba, hehe
the gba still sold well a few years after DS release lol and it wouldnt have if nintendo said "it will die". if I didnt have the 3ds already and was gonna buy either a switch or 3ds/2ds I would go for the 2ds as it is WAY cheaper, has a huge library of games (while switch has only less then 10 that are really worth playing and aren't multyplats) and ability to play DS,GBA, S/NES and others if hacked and lots of homebrew and is easy to hack... I know that switch will inevitably replace the 3ds completely but the 3ds has still a good few years to live a good life....

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
:tpi:Just yesterday i sold my New Nintendo 3DS, it was the Black Model. Because i just fell in love with the new Galaxy Model looks Nice.

But thats not the theme here, im not worried about it but, just asking to know when it could happen.

Do you think Nintendo would make a Hardware Revision to fix NTRBOOTHAX?

Or you think Nintendo will not do anything?

*Maybe* fix NTRBOOTHAX in newest consoles (AKA metroid edition or SNES edition).... Or maybe not.

But in older 3DS the "N" do nothing to change or revision (i think).

Reactions: DarkDante

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
*Maybe* fix NTRBOOTHAX in newest consoles (AKA metroid edition or SNES edition).... Or maybe not.

But in older 3DS the "N" do nothing to change or revision (i think).
I was about to Buy the metroid edition, but i love astronomy and bought the Galaxy. Lol

I actually think they will find a way to fix it. I dont know how but lets wait. NTRBootHax is still Young.

Probably nintendo 3DS will die completely on mid 2019 i think.

There is still Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon to come.

D

Deleted User

I was about to Buy the metroid edition, but i love astronomy and bought the Galaxy. Lol

I actually think they will find a way to fix it. I dont know how but lets wait. NTRBootHax is still Young.

the ntrboothax is a problem with the hardware so it will be impossible to patch my, or your, or anybody else's console, if they already purchased it. also take into consideration the fact the 3ds will soon die, some lines of production are already closing and it will cost lots of money to make a new console, and even then as I said the consoles that are already out are vulnerable to ntrboothax so it wont be hard for pirates to get hold of...

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain

Is a cute one the Galaxy edition.

I think they have the way to fix it but is more expensive fix 3DS olders versions tan the beneficts

I don't now when the 3Ds will die, but i'll still using in 2019 I have a PSP and other consoles "die" that i still using.

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is a cute one the Galaxy edition.

I think they have the way to fix it but is more expensive fix 3DS olders versions tan the beneficts

I don't now when the 3Ds will die, but i'll still using in 2019 I have a PSP and other consoles "die" that i still using.
Yup, really loved it. wel it seems that you guys are right. It is expensive to fix it so maybe they won't spend more on it.

the ntrboothax is a problem with the hardware so it will be impossible to patch my, or your, or anybody else's console, if they already purchased it. also take into consideration the fact the 3ds will soon die, some lines of production are already closing and it will cost lots of money to make a new console, and even then as I said the consoles that are already out are vulnerable to ntrboothax so it wont be hard for pirates to get hold of...

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only is the 3DS on its way out, but it would cost Nintendo more money than they would gain to move resources to releasing a hardware revision that blocks ntrboot.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how slowly but noticeably Nintendo is turning down 3DS services i think that it's safe to say that there will be no new hardware revision. and even if, to make it actualy work thet should also remove from market all old consoles and this is pretty much impossible.

Also:

What the crap are you babbling about? 3DS is selling still pretty much on the same level as Switch. I would say that actualy 3DS being still active takes Switch's market space, not that Switch is killing it. Ceasing 3DS services is not because of Switch, but because of how 3DS is right now wide open for hackers.
I said "to be", it isn't at the point of being killed yet, so ya, I mean hey, you can't see the future and neither can I, were both just throwing darts at the board hoping they stick cause for all we know the 3ds could suddenly just drop off drastically tommorow, or it could soar and actually crush the switch out of selling any units at all anymore, nothing is certain till it happens

I read somewhere ntrboothax is a method of fixing the console, used by nintendo themselves. the fact it was released to the public and now used by people is a problem which is not really easy to fix. they will thave to change production lines, which costs lots of money, make a new way thats safe to use to fix the new consoles, then train the crew that is fixing consoles, which costs more money, all of this isnt likely because who spends money on a console that is on the way out anyways?

the gba still sold well a few years after DS release lol and it wouldnt have if nintendo said "it will die". if I didnt have the 3ds already and was gonna buy either a switch or 3ds/2ds I would go for the 2ds as it is WAY cheaper, has a huge library of games (while switch has only less then 10 that are really worth playing and aren't multyplats) and ability to play DS,GBA, S/NES and others if hacked and lots of homebrew and is easy to hack... I know that switch will inevitably replace the 3ds completely but the 3ds has still a good few years to live a good life....
well ya, though you try and think of a new 3ds model, what the newer 2ds xxl? I think the n2dsxl is the last revision cause all there is left is maybe a n2ds(not xl)

Though seriously people, can the 3ds die already. Not for the switch but for the next actual iteration of there handheld side at least. The low res is starting to urk me more and more as the days go on, I've had my 2ds since june 16th, 2014. It has been so much fun with it so far but I would like to see the game I'm playing cause tbh the res feels worse as time goes on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: