Hardware do you hate that Nintendo not going to do decaited handhelds anymore.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IMG_0753.JPG

I don't know what your problem is? I can fit my nintendo switch and other devices quite easily in my pockets.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
to be fair the o3ds and n3ds non xl were the only ones that really "fit" in pockets and even then it was not at all comfortable.
it's a huge improvement on both the 3ds and the wii u. no complaints here.
my xl fits my my pocket even in a case

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Take out your phone. Look at it.
That is Nintendo's new handheld.
It addresses all your concerns except dual screens.
mobile games are shitty i only like games that use actual buttons and are like normal games mobile phone games are just filled with micro-transactions i want normal games and phones don't have those games like nintendo consoles do. But what sucks is in hanheld mode the cpu is under clocked so it makes some games run bad i wish there was an option to have less battery life to have the cpu at full clock speed.

I don't think it would be too difficult to launch a "Switch Lite" which has permanent controllers and other cost saving/miniaturizing features.
problem is it can't be any smaller if you take it part you will find out all the parts take up all the space inside the switch.

Wow do people still believe Switch is anything other than a handheld?

The wonders of marketing
well really its just a handheld that power wise is in the middle of 7 gen and 8 gen consoles that can be connected to a tv and have controllers used with it i'd love a smaller version of the switch its just the size of it is the issue so if i want to play it some where i have to bring a bag and can't put it in my pocket.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,
D

Deleted User

As much as Nintendo disagree's, I believe that Nintendo has just combined both their handheld & console markets into 1. If they hadn't, why is a mainline (not side) Pokemon game coming to the Switch?

It's smart, and it makes it unique. It's not a home console, it's not a handheld. It's a Portable Home Console.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks because there isn't going to be a way for it to become as cheap as the 2ds in a few years. Also its to big to fit in pockets and i also liked the 3ds two screen.

Nintendo already mentioned that it is not replace 3DS at all. And Nintendo Switch is NOT a handheld but a console portable system! It is possible that they will release next handheld system when they feel that 3DS become a slow sell or didnt sell very well.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
for switch owners, i feel nintendo shouldn't release a portable console.

however i struggle to really come to terms with how nintendo are willing to let go of their 3D tech which by the new3DS got really quite good and the whole clamshell concept. their previous portable devices just printed money... however i think the presence of the switch really endangers those products now so it might be best they just let it die.

OvOvO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
depends on what there next console is.. if its a dedicated home console they you can bet we'll see another handheld but for now switch and 3ds are here to stay.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks because there isn't going to be a way for it to become as cheap as the 2ds in a few years. Also its to big to fit in pockets and i also liked the 3ds two screen.
but this is why nintendo copied off the morphus x300, they wanted to ensure that the next home console didnt fail like the wii u did.

we all know nintendo like to release inferior cheap hardware with a gimmick to make it sell.

they tried that again with the wii u and failed.

they saw the morphus x300 and thought, lets copy off this as a means to combine both portable and home console markets in to one, thus should show better sales.

whats funny is when nintendo brag about sales, when for some reason the fans etc seem to only compare nintendo to sony and are now talking about can switch sales beat the PS4..... what they dont seem to note tho that the switch is two markets, the ps4 is just one.

so for nintendo to reach 10 million sales for portable and home console markets combined, not that i have checked but during the first quarter of the 3ds didnt it sell something like 17million.

So yes its all great to see nintendo only state switch sales compared to the wii u, no credit to be gained comparing to what was a DOA console, and then a console combining two markets to a rival that is just one market.

But if it combined wii u and 3ds sales, then we would see an accurate figure on how the switch is selling.

but yea, i doubt we will see nintendo release a new handheld until the switch is dead, maybe when sony/ms release its next gen systems to then be in the same gen as nintendo, chances are if third party support isnt dead by then, nintendo will have to again release its next gen system.

question is, will nintendo continue being cheap releasing old hardware and what gimmick will they copy off next time to make it sell.

or do they actually stick to their promise and improve third party support and release next gen hardware that will put the other systems to shame thus giving third parties the platform to push its new titles to.

as nintendo are already one gen ahead, it needs to release its next console that is designed for the future years, not just catching up to what the last generation had 5+ years ago.

Reactions: Proust

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
They said the ds was not going to replace the gba
a portable console, a successor, better in several ways. that even played the games of the previous portable console.
i wanna know who said the ds was not to replace the gba so i can send him shit via mail for such dumb statement

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a portable console, a successor, better in several ways. that even played the games of the previous portable console.
i wanna know who said the ds was not to replace the gba so i can send him shit via mail for such dumb statement
The DS was an experiment. Basically didn't want to put all their eggs in that basket in case it flopped. It was a success so it did wind up replacing the gameboy line.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the switch is getting some bad ports so it could still end up doing bad its doing good now but there are some shitty ports that might turn 3rd party devs away it can also barley run doom so idk how its going to get good 3rd party games.

Reactions: Proust and Kioku

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the switch is getting some bad ports so it could still end up doing bad its doing good now but there are some shitty ports that might turn 3rd party devs away it can also barley run doom so idk how its going to get good 3rd party games.

I'd rather third party exclusives than third party ports.

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1st. Dedicated*

2nd. Nintendo never officialy stated that they will not create another true handheld console, in contrary they actualy stated that Switch is not replacement for 3DS and is treated by them as a home console with portability option. We don't know what Nintendo is planning, but definitively i would not write off the possibility that they will create another true handheld... or an Switch version more suitable for using as a true handheld.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
but this is why nintendo copied off the morphus x300, they wanted to ensure that the next home console didnt fail like the wii u did.

we all know nintendo like to release inferior cheap hardware with a gimmick to make it sell.

they tried that again with the wii u and failed.

they saw the morphus x300 and thought, lets copy off this as a means to combine both portable and home console markets in to one, thus should show better sales.

whats funny is when nintendo brag about sales, when for some reason the fans etc seem to only compare nintendo to sony and are now talking about can switch sales beat the PS4..... what they dont seem to note tho that the switch is two markets, the ps4 is just one.

so for nintendo to reach 10 million sales for portable and home console markets combined, not that i have checked but during the first quarter of the 3ds didnt it sell something like 17million.

So yes its all great to see nintendo only state switch sales compared to the wii u, no credit to be gained comparing to what was a DOA console, and then a console combining two markets to a rival that is just one market.

But if it combined wii u and 3ds sales, then we would see an accurate figure on how the switch is selling.

but yea, i doubt we will see nintendo release a new handheld until the switch is dead, maybe when sony/ms release its next gen systems to then be in the same gen as nintendo, chances are if third party support isnt dead by then, nintendo will have to again release its next gen system.

question is, will nintendo continue being cheap releasing old hardware and what gimmick will they copy off next time to make it sell.

or do they actually stick to their promise and improve third party support and release next gen hardware that will put the other systems to shame thus giving third parties the platform to push its new titles to.

as nintendo are already one gen ahead, it needs to release its next console that is designed for the future years, not just catching up to what the last generation had 5+ years ago.
1. No, the 3ds sold NOWHERE NEAR 17 million its first quarter. Don't start spouting bullshit numbers. Makes you look stupid. You're on a roll. Under 17 million in a year, which is underwhelming considering the massive success the DS was. Yet, impressive considering launch price.

2. You keep saying they "copied" the Morphus.. Yes, because thats the first tablet with controllers attached to the device, amirite? Wikipad says hi.

Your arguments are stale, and unfounded. As shown by your "I didn't check" comment. If you can't state and cite facts, you REALLY should refrain from arguing.

Also, quit talking about 3DS and Wii U sales. It's Switch vs Wii U. 3DS is currently coexisting with the Switch. Is the Wii U? No? Okay then.

Last edited by Kioku,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Anything can happen in the future. We could get VRBoy Pocket Color XL one day.

What will happen, is the resurgence of JNCO Jeans.
baggy%20pants.jpg

Future-proof pants.
Oh my Lord. JNCO.. Ahhhh!!!

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol