ROM Hack Do these flashcarts work on old3DS/2DS?

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think.
Try to buy a flashcart with «3DS» in the name and work with the latest version.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
yes but only takes 2GB SD card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it wont work on 3DS though

Edit: my bad it wont work on 2DS i was thinking DS
so confusing 2DS 3DS N3DS

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=157

All I want from any of these flashcarts is to play backups or DS games...
It will work if you have CFW through some workarounds, but won't work on a stock 3DS.
Same as the other, it can be used if you have CFW through some workarounds. Won't work on a stock 3DS.
2GB max is a bit small anyway, I would suggest this card instead and an 8GB card or so:
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
Some games are 512MB including some Pokemon games IIRC but most of them are smaller so an 8GB should fit a good amount of games.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: wormdood

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
It will work if you have CFW through some workarounds, but won't work on a stock 3DS.

Same as the other, it can be used if you have CFW through some workarounds. Won't work on a stock 3DS.
2GB max is a bit small anyway, I would suggest this card instead and an 8GB card or so:
Some games are 512MB including some Pokemon games IIRC but most of them are smaller so an 8GB should fit a good amount of games.
If you are only looking to play ds games I suggest this one also, they are well built and sturdy carts

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

although if he has no cfw than i (personally) would suggest a scds2 (. . . gba emulator and all)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
although if he has no cfw than i (personally) would suggest a scds2 (. . . gba emulator and all)
The DSTwo is always a good suggestion for stock, but I always like to remind people to remove the cart or turn off the system instead of going into sleep mode. Otherwise the CPU will continue to run and drain the battery.

Reactions: wormdood

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
DSTwo is really expensive though isn't it ? I think OP is trying to keep the costs down ?
Personally I quite like the r4gold 2016 (now 2017) It works with all the emu's except GBA, which if his 2DS has CFW im guessing he wont need a gba emu anyway.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo is really expensive though isn't it ? I think OP is trying to keep the costs down ?
Personally I quite like the r4gold 2016 (now 2017) It works with all the emu's except GBA, which if his 2DS has CFW im guessing he wont need a gba emu anyway.
thats why i opened with if . . . and it can be found cheaper than our sponsor site although true it is pricey compared to other ds cards

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2DS with custom firmware, Luma3DS and A9lh on the most recent firmware so I can play .cia games.

I can't run DS games on it though so that's why I want a flashcart for DS games. I want the cheapest option that works..

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
thats why i opened with if . . . and it can be found cheaper than our sponsor site although true it is pricey compared to other ds cards
Yeah I really really wanted one when they came out, mainly for snes. Instead I waited for New 3DS, loads of snes action, now I got an empty DS flash cart for my DS games collection.

This one then I would,
2GB is nowhere near enough room

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2DS with custom firmware, Luma3DS and A9lh on the most recent firmware so I can play .cia games.

I can't run DS games on it though so that's why I want a flashcart for DS games. I want the cheapest option that works..
best option (like$15) r4igold
cheapest option ($4) r4 & a homebrew app

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The R4i Gold isn't the cheapest of the cheap, but it's worth the extra couple of dollars.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-