Do PS1 games have more lag than in the PS2?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here. As far as I'm aware no extra vb runtime is required to be installed for PS3 tools to run. Just make sure you have MSVBVM50.DLL in the program directory and it should work. Don't really know why a vb runtime would break edge or chrome but if it's causing issues, remove it, system restore or what ever you have to do to get back to a working state. You could try doing an sfc /scannow from the run dialog box or elevated command prompt and see if it find and fixes any inconsistencies with your windows files. Never know it may work.

When manually updating Edge and Chrome, they say: "An error occurred while checking for updates. Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80080005)".

Also, Microsoft Defender Antivirus detects an Edge Update file as virus so I might have an infection.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first result I got in Google regarding that DLL was VB Runtime which installs it and after that PS3 Tools Collection works so it works without having this DLL inside its directory. If it works with this DLL inside its directory, why doesn't PS3 Tools Collection already come with it? Anyway, where can I download this DLL from a trustworthy site?

I already used sfc /scannow, I need VB Runtime (or at least the DLL) to make PS3 Tools Collection work and I really need the latter too.

EDIT: I extracted VB Runtime's DLL to PS3 Tools Collection's folder and the program still asked for the DLL so it doesn't work with the DLL inside its directory, after all. Even PS3 Tools Collection's developer site states one must install the DLL in order for PS3 Tools Collection to work and when clicking the provided link, VB Runtime is downloaded.
I assume that it can't be included due to copy write and being owned by MS. I really can't be sure all I know is that I recently grabbed version 4.8.1 of the tools and it came with the file in the folder and it works without installing anything extra. Maybe the file also has to be in Windows\System32. It's possible the file also isn't registered so open an elevated command prompt in from the folder that the file is in and type the command "regsvr32 msvbvm50.dll" without quotes and retry the program to see if it works.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I assume that it can't be included due to copy write and being owned by MS. I really can't be sure all I know is that I recently grabbed version 4.8.1 of the tools and it came with the file in the folder and it works without installing anything extra. Maybe the file also has to be in Windows\System32. It's possible the file also isn't registered so open an elevated command prompt in from the folder that the file is in and type the command "regsvr32 msvbvm50.dll" without quotes and retry the program to see if it works.

Just to be sure, I also scanned VB Runtime installer on VirusTotal and many engines detected a virus, so it mighty really be infected. Malwarebytes detects Virux.Floxif when scanning it and after moving it to the quarantine and before or after restarting the PC, it returns, so it seems a Windows 11 reinstall is needed to fix this annoying problem.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you remember where did you get it? Then I don't understand why yours came with it and mine didn't. I tried that and it didn't work.
I guess I must have been mistaken as I just redownloaded it and it's not included. But what I think I must have done and just don't remember since it was something I consider trivial was copy the one from my ps3netsrv directory into the program folder since they are both the same file in my case. Just as a test I tried it again and this works. So if you have a working ps3netsrv copy the file from it's folder to the ps3 tools folder.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess I must have been mistaken as I just redownloaded it and it's not included. But what I think I must have done and just don't remember since it was something I consider trivial was copy the one from my ps3netsrv directory into the program folder since they are both the same file in my case. Just as a test I tried it again and this works. So if you have a working ps3netsrv copy the file from it's folder to the ps3 tools folder.

This time I downloaded VB Runtime installer from aldostools' site, ran it and didn't have these issues. I scanned it on VirusTotal and not even a single engine detected a virus. I don't recall where I downloaded the previous VB Runtime installer.

EDIT: I still can't run OfficeRTool without running the non-infected VB Runtime installer. I have the window with the 0xc0000005 error code again.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have ps3netsrv so should I download it from webMAN MOD's GitHub? And where in PS3 Tools Collection's folder should I put the DLL, in the root?
Yes you can download it from the Github. Place the dll in the root. It should be the same folder as the exe used to open ps3 tools.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems the virus infects the EXE run from the external HDD and that's why I was being reinfected after reinstalling Windows. I had to replace them and some of the files were hard to find. It seems it infected Malwarebytes installer, UUP Dump's Windows 11 installer downloader and OfficeRTool. It also infected Edge and Chrome since I was having the same error message when manually updating them. I had to reinstall Windows, delete every EXE from my external HDD and redownload them since it seems they were infected by this nasty virus (as well as the PC). Some of the programs were hard to find.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just noticed but there's already a MSVBVM50.dll file inside PS3 Tools Collection's tools folder so why isn't it working? Anyway, that DLL is 1401 KB and ps3ntsrv's 1316 KB.
It's a different version of the file. Possibly newer or older and that's why it's not working. If you use the one from the ps3netsrv folder it should start working

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems this virus also infected the USB flash drive where I burned the Windows 11 installer but this time it's a DLL file and not an EXE one. Anyway, I formatted it, scanned the ISO with Malwarebytes just to be sure and burned it to the USB flash drive again.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It also needs to be present in the tools subfolder although I don't remember having to copy it there manually.

I have a .NET Framework error message when double-clicking PS Vita PKG files, so I can't open these PKG files with PkgView. How will I see these PKG's Title IDs?

EDIT: I found a way using a PS3 Tool Collection's context menu item.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Switching HDMI ports can help. I notice port 1 adds tons of input lag, but ports 2 and 3 do not have any noticeable lag. LG HDR 4K TV, 40" here.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Switching HDMI ports can help. I notice port 1 adds tons of input lag, but ports 2 and 3 do not have any noticeable lag. LG HDR 4K TV, 40" here.

Are you talking about playing NTSC PSOne Classics in a PAL PS3?

Anyway, I sometimes have a lot of input lag when playing Yakuza 0 in the PS5 since I have to press some buttons more than once.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about playing NTSC PS1 classics in a PAL PS3?

Anyway, I sometimes have a lot of input lag playing Yakuza 0 in the PS5 since I have to press some buttons more than once to work.
No, just that different HDMI ports can cause lag, with any gaming system. HDMI port 1 for me is the port that supports HDMI ARC, and causes me the most lag. I have to keep my PC on HDMI 3, and my Switch on HDMI 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto