Do PS1 games have more lag than in the PS2?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about the Reload XMB addon? Why is it needed? Doesn't the scanning content webMAN MOD setting already reload the XMB?
Reloading the xmb saves people from doing a manual soft reboot because just scanning the content will pick up new games but not add them to the xmb list and thus a soft boot is required to refresh the xmb to display the newly added content.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reloading the xmb saves people from doing a manual soft reboot because just scanning the content will pick up new games but not add them to the xmb list and thus a soft boot is required to refresh the xmb to display the newly added content.

Is prepISO needed when webMAN MOD already reads all ISOs?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is PKG/ROM Launcher for, to launch GB/GBC/GBA (for instance) roms from XMB?
To be honest, I'm not sure. I just recently brought my fat ylod ps3 back to life and it's been a while since I've used it for emulation. PS1, PS2, PS3 games is all I really use it for so can't offer much input on the rom/emulation side of things. A quick internet search though has basically said it's for launching retroarch roms from xmb so I would assume that's what it does.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seriously, a simple google search would give you an answer to most of your questions ....... all the things that concern Webman Mod are explained very well and in detail by the developer on github (you should actually know since you have already pestered the dev with your questions:glare:)

https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/wiki/Integrated-Plugins-&-Tools

PKG/ROM Launcher : Executes PS3 applications and ROMS via RetroArch. Requires that the debug icon "★ app_home/PS3_GAME" be present on XMB

Reactions: zfreeman

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seriously, a simple google search would give you an answer to most of your questions ....... all the things that concern Webman Mod are explained very well and in detail by the developer on github (you should actually know since you have already pestered the dev with your questions:glare:)

PKG/ROM Launcher : Executes PS3 applications and ROMS via RetroArch. Requires that the debug icon "★ app_home/PS3_GAME" be present on XMB

Sorry, I missed that information.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exFAT is newer than NTFS so for archival purposes it'd be better.

Compressing games to RAR/7z would also help saving space, but not by much as I've found it doesn't compress much, whereas PS2 ISOs for example were 4GB and then its RAR size was 1GB or less. GCN/Wii ISOs didn't compress much either, well, it took 10GBs less (disappointing).

Haven't tried CIA (3DS) files although I'd guess it's a similar situation to how PKGs behave.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

NTFS Pros:​

• Supports massive files
  • Has no realistic partition size limit
  • Allows users to set file permissions and encryption
  • Allows disk space management per user
  • Automatically restores file consistency
  • Allows for file and folder compression

NTFS Cons:​

• Incompatible with older operating systems, as time goes on this becomes less relevant.

exFAT Pros:​

• Wide compatibility with operating systems.
  • No realistic file or partition size limits
  • Enables users to store files larger than 4 GB, the limit of FAT32

exFAT Cons:​

• Less compatible than FAT32
  • No Journaling functionality
  • Lacks consistency checks and advanced features of NTFS

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Compressing games to RAR/7z would also help saving space, but not by much as I've found it doesn't compress much, whereas PS2 ISOs for example were 4GB and then its RAR size was 1GB or less. GCN/Wii ISOs didn't compress much either, well, it took 10GBs less (disappointing).

Haven't tried CIA (3DS) files although I'd guess it's a similar situation to how PKGs behave.

Do you know if it would take more time to play PS1/PS2/PS3 compressed ISOs and if the games would have any kind of issue (slowness, freezing, black screens, etc.)?

NTFS Pros:​

• Supports massive files
  • Has no realistic partition size limit
  • Allows users to set file permissions and encryption
  • Allows disk space management per user
  • Automatically restores file consistency
  • Allows for file and folder compression

NTFS Cons:​

• Incompatible with older operating systems, as time goes on this becomes less relevant.

exFAT Pros:​

• Wide compatibility with operating systems.
  • No realistic file or partition size limits
  • Enables users to store files larger than 4 GB, the limit of FAT32

exFAT Cons:​

• Less compatible than FAT32
  • No Journaling functionality
  • Lacks consistency checks and advanced features of NTFS

I guess I'll keep NTFS.

Also, when I use the CFW setting to check my HDD/eMMC/SSD/SSHD, the scan always ends before reaching 100%. What does it mean? I didn't have this problem with the HDD that came with this PS3 and I bought this HDD in August 2021.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no, just scan the database. you don't have to enable anything.

I use only webMAN MOD and I've never used or installed prepISO personally so I would say no, it's not a requirement.

It seems VB Runtime (Visual Basic 5.0) which is needed for PS3 Tools Collection to work is now breaking Edge and Chrome updates so what should be done? A window mentioning a 0xc0000005 error code appears when trying to update them.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like VB Runtime which is needed for PS3 Tools Collection to work breaks Edge's and Chrome's updates so what should I do, use an alternative? I'm used to it. Which programs should I use?

Edge and Chrome state: "An error occurred while checking for updates. Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80080005)".

Weird, Microsoft Defender detects a Microsoft Edge Update file as virus but even without deleting it and after disabling Microsoft Defender, I still can't update Edge and Chrome.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here. As far as I'm aware no extra vb runtime is required to be installed for PS3 tools to run. Just make sure you have MSVBVM50.DLL in the program directory and it should work. Don't really know why a vb runtime would break edge or chrome but if it's causing issues, remove it, system restore or what ever you have to do to get back to a working state. You could try doing an sfc /scannow from the run dialog box or elevated command prompt and see if it find and fixes any inconsistencies with your windows files. Never know it may work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto