Hacking Do I need to update to 6.61?

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSX game I got from NPS browser gives an error when I try to launch it after the first splash screen, final fantasy 6. The game could not be started (FFFFFFFF)

All my other games seem to work I downloaded years ago but I just doubled my memory with the dual SD card adapter since storage is so much cheaper now and was going to grab some more games. I did download final fantasy 3 PSP game yesterday and that worked. I got a vita but thought I would keep it simple and use my psp for non vita games.

I am hesitant to upgrade to 6.61, this forum hasnt even been updated about it. If I try to run 6.61 pro-c2 firmware on my 6.60 PSP3000 could I brick it? What else could be causing the game not to run?

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So PSX games downloaded from NPS have APP and can't play on PSP with CFW? Tried two more psx games and same error

do they play on the vita?

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It must be new APP because I have an old PSN PSX games that work but it is a bug with 6.60 pro c2

Not sure if they work on 6.61 but I found 6.60 pro-c fix 3 and that solved it.

accidentally tried 6.61 pro c2 first but it just black screened since I was on 6.60

Last edited by blaisedinsd,
Reactions: JamRules

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
6.61 is a bugfix for an obscure Japanese game (I don't even know which one it is), as well as bringing TLS 1.0 encryption support (makes nowadays maybe 30% of https websites compatible as opposed to 10%, including the official PS Store client)

Very few games if any actually require 6.61, the problem with your game is likely to be corruption or issues with plugins (yes, most of the firmware is made by plugins, not necessarily ones you added manually)

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I bought my psp just a few weeks before us targets stopped selling new ones and followed the info in this forum to get my Cfw. I don’t think the guide has really been updated since then since it still refers to 6.60 but the 6.60 pro c2 non permanent hack it had me use has this bug of not being able to play psn psx games now.

In my research if this issue I discovered this and hopefully this thread will help others who might come across this issue by making the info easier to find. I also found what is a persistent hack that is available on 6.61 even for psp 3000 like mine. It seemed like to much hassle to bother since I solved my issue already and it involved many steps.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro C2 has issues with official PSX games, this isn't an APP issue. Either downgrade to Pro C or switch to LME (disable cfw in the infinity config if you've installed that, run the LME installer & fast recovery, then run Infinity config again and enable LME). Pro and LME are basically the same nowadays anyways, so there's no reason to specifically use one over the other (aside from LME over Pro because it doesn't have the PSX bug).

Last edited by SCOTT0852,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...