Hacking DLC disappeared after entering eShop. Unable to reinstall?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And by "disappear" you mean your CIA themes/DLC pretty much just is removed/uninstalled?

This is only for DLC installed through CIA that you have not legitimatley purchased on your NNID. Themes should remain unaffected unless you have installed other themes you don't own through CIA. Even if they are removed, you can re-download them from the theme shop at no cost since they are linked to your NNID.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is only for DLC installed through CIA that you have not legitimatley purchased on your NNID. Themes should remain unaffected unless you have installed other themes you don't own through CIA. Even if they are removed, you can re-download them from the theme shop at no cost since they are linked to your NNID.

Cool, thank you. I assumed this was the case, but wanted to be certain. I didn't know how cool some themes can actually be and the one I have is great!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thank you. I assumed this was the case, but wanted to be certain. I didn't know how cool some themes can actually be and the one I have is great!

The Famicom theme is awesome IMO, but was only available via download code with NES remix. I always bump into my themes getting uninstalled so I've just switched to buying the ones I really like.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
More details about this issue.

If you install a CIA you haven't ever purchased, it will leave a fake ticket on your ticket.db eternally.

Only System Transfer & Restore ticket.db/NAND backup (if it doesn't contain the fake ticket) can remove it.

This fake ticket has Console ID 00000000, which is recognized as a "pre-installed" content.

Nintendo e-shop will not force your 3DS deleting "pre-installed" content even it's non-legit.

If you have purchased at least one content of a title (e.g. 1 Fire Emblem Awakening DLC of 26 total), it will leave a valid ticket on your ticket.db eternally.

Only System Transfer, Restore ticket.db/NAND backup (if it doesn't contain the valid ticket) & Delete NNID (linked to your valid ticket) can remove it.

This valid ticket has Console ID = Your own Console ID, which is recognized as a "purchased" content.

Once you have the valid ticket, Nintendo e-shop will force your 3DS deleting everything within this title unmatched to your valid ticket.

Fake ticket & Valid ticket can't be replaced each other.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I downloaded all the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC a month ago. My NNID is linked to my emunand, and going into the eshop doesn't kill my Fire Emblem DLC.

I even went into the little mini Fire Emblem store, and it says I bought all the DLC.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, I downloaded all the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC a month ago. My NNID is linked to my emunand, and going into the eshop doesn't kill my Fire Emblem DLC.

I even went into the little mini Fire Emblem store, and it says I bought all the DLC.
Then either you installed a fake ticket, or you bought all contents so that your valid ticket had all.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
More details about this issue.

If you install a CIA you haven't ever purchased, it will leave a fake ticket on your ticket.db eternally.

Only System Transfer & Restore ticket.db/NAND backup (if it doesn't contain the fake ticket) can remove it.

This fake ticket has Console ID 00000000, which is recognized as a "pre-installed" content.

Nintendo e-shop will not force your 3DS deleting "pre-installed" content even it's non-legit.

If you have purchased at least one content of a title (e.g. 1 Fire Emblem Awakening DLC of 26 total), it will leave a valid ticket on your ticket.db eternally.

Only System Transfer, Restore ticket.db/NAND backup (if it doesn't contain the valid ticket) & Delete NNID (linked to your valid ticket) can remove it.

This valid ticket has Console ID = Your own Console ID, which is recognized as a "purchased" content.

Once you have the valid ticket, Nintendo e-shop will force your 3DS deleting everything within this title unmatched to your valid ticket.

Fake ticket & Valid ticket can't be replaced each other.
Yeah, I said this on page 4, but it seemed to be ignored. Yours is explained better anyway. I'm glad you confirmed it. Thanks for the info :)

Reactions: MelonGx

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so if I had a ticket that deletes DLC, and leveled Marth up like crazy in FE-A, and entered the eshop, he'd just get deleted from my game, and kill all my hard work?

That's harsh.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Not really. eShop always deletes DLC you don't own. You should be able to just reinstall the DLC again via CIA. But you'll lose it every time you visit the eShop.
Hey AT, does updating a game count as "visiting" the eShop? or does it only erase dlc when you explicitly enter the eShop ?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wow, so if I had a ticket that deletes DLC, and leveled Marth up like crazy in FE-A, and entered the eshop, he'd just get deleted from my game, and kill all my hard work?

That's harsh.
Just killing your unpurchased DLCs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How come it didn't delete my pirate DLC on Smash? :P
You bought/free-downloaded none of it before you installed CIA.
So you installed a fake ticket to your ticket.db.
Nintendo would not auto-delete fake ticket contents.

Reactions: Madridi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just killing your unpurchased DLCs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You bought/free-downloaded none of it before you installed CIA.
So you installed a fake ticket to your ticket.db.
Nintendo would not auto-delete fake ticket contents.
Huh? I had this 3DS since before downgrading. I installed the Triforce Heroes demo before being able to downgrade and install cia.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Then the previous owner must have downloaded at least one DLC.
Btw, it is not just downloading a DLC. @cearp stated before (and I tried and confirmed it) that simply visiting an ingame eshop will assign you a valid ticket. You don't even have to download anything

I got a valid ticket for FE:A, SSB4, FFCC all this way. I just visited the in game shop and didn't download anything to get assigned the valid ticket

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible just to extract the ticket from a cia and install it somehow? BBM e.g. Checks if the title exist and if yes it only installs the ticket. But it doesn't work for dlc content :(

This would be nice to have all tickets in a place and just install them. It would take under one minute to install them all.

Else we would need to always dump the ticket.db and restore it when the dlc gets removed.

I'm not interested in small dlc like character or themes. Most dlc s I use are over 250MB in size. It's very uncomfortable to install them every time.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...