Gaming Disgaea_2_Dark_Hero_Days_USA_PSP-EMiNENT

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, anyone who said stick to the first one needs mental help, or isnt a true fan. Disgaea 1 was a fun game, but feels kinda bare when you play it after playing D3, and is kinda short compared to D2/D3.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
disgaea 2 is a better choice than disgaea 1 is like one but more features, which make it better

really hope a new stable cfw come soon there are lots of game begging to be played this year

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Lol, anyone who said stick to the first one needs mental help, or isnt a true fan. Disgaea 1 was a fun game, but feels kinda bare when you play it after playing D3, and is kinda short compared to D2/D3.
This. D2 has so many more item world features and more compared to Disgaea 1. The storyline may not be as charming, but oh well.

QUOTE(Rock Raiyu @ Sep 7 2009, 12:00 AM) It makes me mad that people make patches for this but not for Armored Core 3 Portable or Tales of VS.
The difference is, those two games don't have translations already. They're not translating Disgaea 2, they're transplanting the English files in to the Japanese one. It's a completely different thing.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonicandtails said:
Rock Raiyu said:
It makes me mad that people make patches for this but not for Armored Core 3 Portable or Tales of VS.
The difference is, those two games don't have translations already. They're not translating Disgaea 2, they're transplanting the English files in to the Japanese one. It's a completely different thing.

I think by patches he meant a patch that would let him play it with CFW, not a translation patch.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
monopoman said:
Well it doesn't help that we lack Dark Alex using his ridiculous skills to update his CFW every time Sony makes a new version.

I've read that Dark Alex won't release a new CFW until 5.7 or possibly later depending.

DAX has confirmed he wont be doing anything until there are features worth updating for.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Magimog said:
DS1 said:
Rock Raiyu said:
It makes me mad that people make patches for this but not for Armored Core 3 Portable or Tales of VS.

Yeah I agree. I don't know about Tales of VS., but Disgaea 2 and Armored Core 3 have been out for a long time. I've read tons of great reviews for AC3 and lots of bad reviews for Disgaea 2 (along the lines of, 'stick with the first one').

You're obviously full of shit, but thats ok... we understand you are hurt oh so personally on this issue. Since this game is technically a port of the PS2 + a few added scenarios, I'll post the Metacritic rating (overall score - 84) Please list some of your "bad" reviews, as I'd LOVE to read them!

"lots of bad reviews".. LOLOLOLOLOL

QUOTEDigital Entertainment News

Ultimately, the combination of familiar game mechanics, a lack of progression on the graphical side of things, and a story and characters that mostly fail to live up to the game’s predecessors all add up to a bit of a disappointment, and while the gameplay here is still very solid, this game is still difficult to recommend.

Edge Magazine

It's a whole that still offers an intricate series of diversions - some old, some new - but one that has lost some sparkle, despite its sharper, more colourful looks. Most players will get sick of Disgaea 2 long before Disgaea 2 gets sick of them. [Sept 2006, p.80]

Bottom of the page, and I'm sure NAVGTR dislikes it too.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Law,

dont feed the trolls, their hungry....

oh wait thats not a troll its a fanboy that can't read!

lol sorry, just couldnt avoid myself.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Magimog said:
You can post community college reviews but that doesnt take away the fact that its a good game and is well received.

Thanks for playing though chap!

nq8o6r.jpg

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Magimog said:
Sorry I hurt your feelings
biggrin.gif

Can't we all go back to proclaiming the world of PSP hacking is going to end when a game can't be played due to firmware limitations? Thats what makes this board fun!

he is right man

i want a way around.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
soulfire said:
Magimog said:
Sorry I hurt your feelings
biggrin.gif

Can't we all go back to proclaiming the world of PSP hacking is going to end when a game can't be played due to firmware limitations? Thats what makes this board fun!

he is right man

i want a way around.
someone will figure it out... they always do... has patience...

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
monopoman said:
Well it doesn't help that we lack Dark Alex using his ridiculous skills to update his CFW every time Sony makes a new version.

I've read that Dark Alex won't release a new CFW until 5.7 or possibly later depending.

DAX has confirmed he wont be doing anything until there are features worth updating for.

In other words, he won't release any till FW 6.00 (which there is a rumor of it coming next week).

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
dudeonline said:
monopoman said:

In other words, he won't release any till FW 6.00 (which there is a rumor of it coming next week).

More like this week.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do hope he turns a blind eye. It's appalling how so many people treat this person like he's their servant and actually _expect_ him to produce something, then bitch and whine on forums like this when he doesn't live up to these contrived expectations.

"I can't play online multiplayer." "New games won't work on it." "Why's he taking so long to update?"

If it were a case where you had _paid him money_, like you do when purchasing an R4, then you would have an argument to make. As it is, he owes you nothing. Suck it up.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I do hope he turns a blind eye. It's appalling how so many people treat this person like he's their servant and actually _expect_ him to produce something, then bitch and whine on forums like this when he doesn't live up to these contrived expectations.

"I can't play online multiplayer." "New games won't work on it." "Why's he taking so long to update?"

If it were a case where you had _paid him money_, like you do when purchasing an R4, then you would have an argument to make. As it is, he owes you nothing. Suck it up.
I thought he got donations for all the things he does.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One can only speculate toward the extent of that, unless he makes it a point to itemize them publicly. I would also question whether said people complaining about his performance (or lack thereof) are themselves donators. I know I've never sent him money before (nor been aware that he accepts any)

Even so, hopefully you can see how this is different from buying a product from somebody--in which case they have an obligation to support if it that was the agreement at the time. For example, I was one of the people suckered into buying a DS-X, after which the developers failed to meet any of their promises, stopped supporting it, and even censoring their own customers when they complained. The fact that I paid $125 for it, with the expectation that they would follow their own promises to update/maintain the cart, is an entirely different scenario.

Another example: the Warcraft Defense developer. By my understanding, he accepted donations under the stated pledge to implement new functionality in the game like multiplayer. Then he discontinued the game, even after spending the money. Incidentally, he appears to be back after a year+ of inactivity to beg for votes so he can get more money out of the R4 competition. Just to add insult to injury, I suppose.

So my question would be has Dark Alex ever openly pledged the type of support to donators that they seem to be demanding?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1