Gaming Disgaea_2_Dark_Hero_Days_USA_PSP-EMiNENT

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nobody's stopping you. I wouldn't mind trying this game, I played a bit of the DS one and it was enjoyable. Overwhelming though because it's clearly designed for autistics and OCD types. But had some moments buried under all the 'can you level every item and character in the game to two billion?!'

Of course, Sony guaranteed I won't be even considering a purchase either way, because no game is worth giving up my CFW and everything it brings with it. I easily play more SNES and NES games than native PSP games on mine.

Like I said, my problem is people that run around on forums like this acting as if the guy were indebted to PSP enthusiasts, instead of vice versa.

Bryce

Trophies
XP
Country
Hero-Link said:
Law,

Better than being someone who cant spell.

Not actually a fanboy though, I just love the direction some of these posters take sometimes. Like bashing a game through their (

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I do hope he turns a blind eye. It's appalling how so many people treat this person like he's their servant and actually _expect_ him to produce something, then bitch and whine on forums like this when he doesn't live up to these contrived expectations.

"I can't play online multiplayer." "New games won't work on it." "Why's he taking so long to update?"

If it were a case where you had _paid him money_, like you do when purchasing an R4, then you would have an argument to make. As it is, he owes you nothing. Suck it up.
Dude I completely agree. Just because he has the talent to hack stuff and make custom firmwares doesn't mean he has to make a new one. I doubt many people donate to him and he has a life of his own, but it would be cool if he did make a newer custom firmware soon. If he doesn't though its cool too.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems somewhat unlikely given it has nothing of any interest added to it...it's just further security.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

October 15, 2008

First "Universal" Firmware for the Original PSP, the PSP Slim and the PSP 3000

* [PlayStation Network] has been added as a category on the XMB
* [PlayStation Store] has been added under [PlayStation Network] menu
* [Account Management] has been added under [PlayStation Network] menu
* Sleep Timer Function for [Music]
* [USB Auto-Connect] Feature added for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000
* A new full-screen keyboard; press [Select] when the On-Screen Keyboard is displayed.
* A new optional redesigned XMB Background
* A new video format is supported (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) Video Main Profile (AVC CABAC) in 640 x 480 pixels)
* [Title Display] feature under [Settings]
* [Backlight Auto-Adjust] has been added as an option under [Power Save Settings]
* Screen capture has been added as a feature within games and the internet browser (this is up to the game developer or the web site developer to support though).

PSP Slim and PSP 3000 only features:

* Full screen and/or interlaced TV-out option for PSX games

You need a better memory.

caffeinekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Magimog said:
caffeinekid said:
I'm totally gutted. I was going to buy the game but now way I'm going back to original firmware to be able to run it, not even for this game. I guess I will have to stick with my PS2 version.

omg i wanted this gaem so bad I tink i'm gonna rip my own gutz out two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 teres on way i hwill gp out n bey dis game its so crap i dont evne wanna paly it
i tihnk i may be tiem to be ea dark ehro and end my days wif the psp
frown.gif
frown.gif
:*( :*( liek last weke i almost sofl my psp over solu caliburz

Excuse me? Sorry, I don't speak 13 year old sub-English.

LOL. You make me sound like some emo self-harming child.
smile.gif

I've been back playing my PS2 version of the game and listening to the soundtrack CD that comes with it and the game really is lovely as it always was. The story is not quite up to Laharl and his hijinx but it is still fun and all those pirates to collect in the item world is a nice addition.

I've wanted a portable version (to go with my PSP Disgaea 1) for a long time and am just sad that I won't be able to play it unless I lose my emulators and go back to OFW on my machine. I was looking forward to seeing what this "magichange" was all about too as I've not played D3 due to the fact I don't have a PS3 - I have an Xbox 360 and my wife and kids (and me) have a Wii.

RyuDraconis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree Ive been told "just play it on the Ps 2" but its not the same, a portable version of this stellar series is always a welcome addition, and to not be able to play it due to firmware is hard. It feels like Sony has beaten us for the time being until something comes out (a workaround, patch, new firmware etc) by making us either buy a new Psp OR give up our modded Psp. Just my thoughts on the matter, i know the guys doing Cfws are not obligated to us by any means, we appreciate all the time and effort and hard work going into making a CFW to be sure, but to not be able to play a game due to no firmware being available is a let down. I know its just one game, but how long until Sony starts making all new games for the Psp require 5.55 and above? If custom firmware doesn't keep up then the psp mod is doomed to go the way of the dodo and be relegated to "old games only." I hope this doesn't happen
smile.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Magimog said:
You can post community college reviews but that doesnt take away the fact that its a good game and is well received.

Thanks for playing though chap!

Hero-Link said:
Law,

dont feed the trolls, their hungry....

oh wait thats not a troll its a fanboy that can't read!

lol sorry, just couldnt avoid myself.
Better than being someone who cant spell.

Not actually a fanboy though, I just love the direction some of these posters take sometimes. Like bashing a game through their (

pokemonster1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i may of found a way to play game haven't tested yet here how
1. Boot your PSP and hold the R trigger. This boots you to your CFW recovery menu. It will look like this:

———————————-

M33 Recovery Menu
Main menu

Toggle USB
Configuration ->
Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
Advanced ->
CPU Speed ->
Plugins ->
Registry hacks ->
Exit

———————————-

2. Go to Configuration

3. Then go to XMB USB Device (currently: Memory Stick) and hit X until it shows: Flash 0

4. Then go down to Use version.txt (currently: Disabled) and hit X to Enable it.

5. Then go to Back and then Exit. Your psp will reboot.

6. Connect you PSP to your PC.

7. Go to your PSP’s memory stick in My Computer (it should show as Memory Stick)

8. Once in your memory stick, go to the VSH folder, then to the etc folder.

9. In here will be a version.txt. First we will need to make sure its not read-only, right-click on the file and go to Properties and uncheck the Read-Only attribute and hit OK. Now open the version.txt file, it will look like such:

release:5.00:
build:2740, 0, 3, 1, 0:builder@vsh-build6
system:46876@release_500, 0×05000010:
vsh:P6264@release_500, v46652@release_5…
target:1:WorldWide
10. all we need to do here is to change the release:5.00: to release:6.00: and then save the file.

11. Reboot your PSP and go back into the recovery menu. Change the XMB Usb Device back to Memory Stick afterwards. Leave the Use version.txt option Enabled.

Now you will have 6.00 FW running on your M33 CFW. Now you can play Disgaea 2.

pokemonster1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Boot your PSP and hold the R trigger. This boots you to your CFW recovery menu. It will look like this:

———————————-

M33 Recovery Menu
Main menu

Toggle USB
Configuration ->
Advanced ->
CPU Speed ->
Plugins ->
Registry hacks ->
Exit

———————————-

2. Go to Configuration

3. Then go to XMB USB Device (currently: Memory Stick) and hit X until it shows: Flash 0

4. Then go down to Use version.txt (currently: Disabled) and hit X to Enable it.

7. Go to your PSP’s memory stick in My Computer (it should show as Memory Stick)

9. In here will be a version.txt. First we will need to make sure its not read-only, right-click on the file and go to Properties and uncheck the Read-Only attribute and hit OK. Now open the version.txt file, it will look like such:

10. all we need to do here is to change the release:5.00: to release:6.00: and then save the file.

11. Reboot your PSP and go back into the recovery menu. Change the XMB Usb Device back to Memory Stick afterwards. Leave the Use version.txt option Enabled.

yaypsp.gif

pokemonster1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

———————————-

M33 Recovery Menu
Main menu

Toggle USB
Configuration ->
Advanced ->
CPU Speed ->
Plugins ->
Registry hacks ->
Exit

———————————-

2. Go to Configuration

yaypsp.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spoofing the version.txt was the first thing I tried, as I'm sure plenty of other people did. It doesn't work. To my knowledge it only succeeds with Dissidia and FFVII.

Also FYI Disgaea 2 requires only 5.55, not 6.00. That will probably be Persona due some time this week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y