Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games have been randomly disallowing donor ROM functions like force-use and on, to the point of where I have to manually modify config files to get it to work. When will this be fixed?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games have been randomly disallowing donor ROM functions like force-use and on, to the point of where I have to manually modify config files to get it to work. When will this be fixed?
Works fine for me, so you'll have to manually modify the config files.

cyl4510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little new to all this so bare with me. Using an acekard 2i, I was able to get everything up and running. I'm more interested in running from the flashcard but YSMenu loads first every time I select a game. Can't seem to find a way around this unless I missed a step, otherwise I might as well boot from the flashcard itself without TWLoader. Anything I could have missed to boot directly into the game? Ini file is created so games are selectable from the TWloader homescreen with flashcard as the chosen option.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little new to all this so bare with me. Using an acekard 2i, I was able to get everything up and running. I'm more interested in running from the flashcard but YSMenu loads first every time I select a game. Can't seem to find a way around this unless I missed a step, otherwise I might as well boot from the flashcard itself without TWLoader. Anything I could have missed to boot directly into the game? Ini file is created so games are selectable from the TWloader homescreen with flashcard as the chosen option.
Did you extract the flashcard pack, including the "for 3DS SD card" folder?

cyl4510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you extract the flashcard pack, including the "for 3DS SD card" folder?

Will do this when I get home. Guide didn't mention putting anything on the 3ds sd card beyond intial installation. So all the contents of those folders are put on the flashcard sd card even though none of them specifically say acekard?

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With the Acekard 2i, clicking "Add Games" brings up files from the 3DS's SD card rather than the Flashcart's one. I'm using the earliest firmware for the Acekard. Anyone know how to fix this?

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the Acekard 2i, clicking "Add Games" brings up files from the 3DS's SD card rather than the Flashcart's one. I'm using the earliest firmware for the Acekard. Anyone know how to fix this?

Oh boy, there goes a trip for win and fail situations.
I've tried to update Acekard 2(i) to every firmware possible (except ak2ifw_update_dsi-v1.44_3ds-v3.0 because this one is missing) - same results, booting to 3DS SD Card.
I've also tried to just copy NDS files on my 3DS card and add them from here. In result .ini file gets created but then after "Running fat: _nds/twloader.nds with 1 parameters" i get "Start failed. Error 1.". After that - for some reason, game with boxart is loaded without any problems, but forwarding didn't worked - it just threw me to YSMenu. I had to edit them manually, because it turns out that it somehow deleted first letter of a folder it is in. (ames instead of Games)
Some of the games however couldn't even get "caching banner data" completed and froze on that one (for example "Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time" or "The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass") or even it did everything right but left .ini files empty which cause TWLoader to freeze.

That's pretty much the same experience I had as a Acekard 2i user. Including the missing first letter in the ini files
Try again with the ones that froze and resulted in an empty ini file. Some of the games required 2 or 3 tries here, but after all the pain, it's working fine now

Edit:basically read page 359

Last edited by lonewolf08,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol