Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where does the "unofficial nds-bootstrap" come from? and how is it different from the "official"
Unofficial is the bleeding-edge build; they may add compatibility, but there's also a chance for bugs. That's why you're given the option to use either...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v5.0.0

What's new?
  • Soft-reset is implemented to DSTT, R4i Gold, R4i-SDHC, and SC DSONE! Bootstrap will have soft-reset as well, soon. (Soft-reset code by @shutterbug2000)
    A forwarder pack unique to TWLoader includes it.
    Press L+R+A+B+X+Y to activate!
    Zelda Four Swords (USA) is being used as placeholder for the TWLoader GUI.
  • New update system by @umbjolt! Flashcard loaders are now updated as well.
  • You can delete a selected game by pressing X. (Save won't be deleted.) (by @umbjolt)
    • Pressing L+X at same time, will add the game to queue. Later, pressing X will "clear" that queue, deleting the marked files.
  • Empty boxes are added as placeholders for remaining ROMs on one page.
  • Current page is now saved.
Improvements
  • TWLNAND space is saved by moving the part with boot screen to the SD card.
  • Flashcard list now only uses white color to avoid confusion with gray color users.
Bug fixes
  • Support for R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS has been fixed!
Known bugs
  • There is a "small" problem with queue. Sometimes, pressing L+X doesn't add to queue. Seems like L button detection code is "faster" than the L+X code, so instead, it change page or delete the game instead of adding.
  • Updating TWLoader causes a crash.
  • I forgot to update NTR Launcher to the Alt version, so support for Acekard 2(i) is still broken.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
TWLoader v5.0.0

What's new?
  • Soft-reset is implemented to DSTT, R4i Gold, R4i-SDHC, and SC DSONE! Bootstrap will have soft-reset as well, soon. (Soft-reset code by @shutterbug2000)
Improvements
  • Flashcard list now only uses white color to avoid confusion with gray color users.
Bug fixes
Known bugs
  • I forgot to update NTR Launcher to the Alt version, so support for Acekard 2(i) is still broken.
There are more news in this release :P

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Boy, here we go again. I updated TWLoader and this happened.

Attachments

• DSC_0201.JPG
    DSC_0201.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 462

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TWLoader v5.0.0

What's new?
Improvements
Bug fixes
Known bugs
So does this mean it updates the files on the flashcart as well? O.o

EDIT: Also getting errors now when trying to load the program - I think the error is with nds-bootsrap - it wont let me update them

Last edited by Nomelas,

Emma12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I've run into a problem,I am unable to launch the add games (menu) from my r4i rts flashcart. It gives me an error, sd:/_nds/twloader/TWLD./wld not found. I have updated twloader to v5.0.0, and I am using the latest bs9. I have attempted to follow your instructions, but I'm unsure if I have done it correctly. I have attached an image of what my flashcart files looks like.
LU4UFq3.png

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've run into a problem,I am unable to launch the add games (menu) from my r4i rts flashcart. It gives me an error, sd:/_nds/twloader/TWLD./wld not found. I have updated twloader to v5.0.0, and I am using the latest bs9. I have attempted to follow your instructions, but I'm unsure if I have done it correctly. I have attached an image of what my flashcart files looks like.
LU4UFq3.png
Redownload TWLoader.7z. It'll contain the TWLD.twldr file.

Emma12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Redownload TWLoader.7z. It'll contain the TWLD.twldr file.
Thank you for your quick reply, unfortunately I am still a little confused. I found the TWLD.twldr file in the sdroot folder. Does this mean I need to redownload the TWLoader for my 3ds sdcard or I move the entire/part of the sdroot folder into my flashcart's sd card?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your quick reply, unfortunately I am still a little confused. I found the TWLD.twldr file in the sdroot folder. Does this mean I need to redownload the TWLoader for my 3ds sdcard or I move the entire/part of the sdroot folder into my flashcart's sd card?
Just put TWLD.twldr into what the error says, but not into the flashcard, hence the "sdroot" folder name.

Z-Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm receiving problems when trying to add games from my original R4 card. Upon selecting "Add Games" the bottom screen flashes grey, and then it switches to the top screen and remains. I've updated all of the files for both the 3DS and flashcard root, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm receiving problems when trying to add games from my original R4 card. Upon selecting "Add Games" the bottom screen flashes grey, and then it switches to the top screen and remains. I've updated all of the files for both the 3DS and flashcard root, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Normally after loading "Add Games", after the bottom screen flashes grey, and then it switches to the top screen, the bottom screen will have a blue loading bar.
Does YSMenu normally work on your R4, if regularly in use? Is your flashcard's microSD 2GB or lower?
If so, since I don't own the original R4, I can't help. Sorry. :(

Emma12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just put TWLD.twldr into what the error says, but not into the flashcard, hence the "sdroot" folder name.

That worked flawlessly! Sorry to bother you again, but upon attempting to add games, I get the health and safety sceen which soon becomes a white screen. I've waited for 5mins+ and it is still a white screen. I have tried making Lock ARM9 SCFG_EXT was on and off, not sure if that will help. Flashcart is r4i rts.

Z-Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally after loading "Add Games", after the bottom screen flashes grey, and then it switches to the top screen, the bottom screen will have a blue loading bar.
Does YSMenu normally work on your R4, if regularly in use? Is your flashcard's microSD 2GB or lower?
If so, since I don't own the original R4, I can't help. Sorry. :(
YSMenu seems to run fine when launching it from the flashcard, but it stops with the message "Running fat:/_nds/twloader.nds with 1 parameters". And to answer your second question, my flashcard's sd card is 2 GB

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked flawlessly! Sorry to bother you again, but upon attempting to add games, I get the health and safety sceen which soon becomes a white screen. I've waited for 5mins+ and it is still a white screen. I have tried making Lock ARM9 SCFG_EXT was on and off, not sure if that will help. Flashcart is r4i rts.
Is Reset Slot-1 on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu