Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloody nora, this has got to be the hardest 3DS homebrew app to get working that I have ever come across lol

I find that the instructions are not clear enough and misleading as the guide says
  1. Open TWLoader, and go to Settings.
  2. Turn Game location switcher On to switch between SD Card and flashcard in the game menu.
But that setting is not in settings at all and the way I found out to change from SD card to Flashcard is highlighting my Flashcard in the main menu, pressing Start THEN changing game location to flashcard
I have copied everything as it says and I get "No version available" in green (Guessing it can't find a bootstrap?) and whatever I try I just get double white screens when loading up my Acekard 2i Flashcard (yes I have played with the settings to what the guide says)

So whats going on?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloody nora, this has got to be the hardest 3DS homebrew app to get working that I have ever come across lol

I find that the instructions are not clear enough and misleading as the guide says
  1. Open TWLoader, and go to Settings.
  2. Turn Game location switcher On to switch between SD Card and flashcard in the game menu.
But that setting is not in settings at all and the way I found out to change from SD card to Flashcard is highlighting my Flashcard in the main menu, pressing Start THEN changing game location to flashcard
I have copied everything as it says and I get "No version available" in green (Guessing it can't find a bootstrap?) and whatever I try I just get double white screens when loading up my Acekard 2i Flashcard (yes I have played with the settings to what the guide says)

So whats going on?
I have to replace the NTR Launcher that TWLoader uses with the Alt version, as the Alt version works with the Acekard 2i.

EDIT: I now fixed the instructions.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

GHUprising517

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how to prevent the infinite update:

1. Turn off the wifi. Depending on your 3DS model you may need to either turn off the wifi switch or go into the system settings.
  2. Open TWLoader. If all goes well, TWLoader will skip the update checks since there's no wifi and TWLoader should open successfully. If it still updates, ensure that you turned off the wifi FOR SURE. If it crashes, reinstall both the 3DS and TWL-side .cias.
  3. After TWLoader is open, go into its settings.
  4. Turn off automatic updates. It's still OK to keep bootstrap updates on as long as you don't enable TWLoader updates.
  5. Turn your 3DS system's wifi back on.
  6. Reopen TWLoader. If it still checks for updates to TWLoader, you must have either done something wrong or the settings didn't save.

It crashes now, with a preference abort exception. Reinstalling the CIAs didn't fix the problem. Just seemed weird to me that the older version of the CIAs worked perfectly.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to replace the NTR Launcher that TWLoader uses with the Alt version, as the Alt version works with the Acekard 2i.

EDIT: I now fixed the instructions.

Ok so where is the ntr_launcher.nds file located as I already have the alt version and can swap it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1