Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested the new release, now when i try to press R to shift the console hangs indefinitely instead of crashing to home.

Edit:Never mind, tried it again, it crashed to home.

Edit2: Would it be possible to add a setting to remove the R button's functionality and set a default for sd or flashcart in the meantime, simply so we don't have to avoid pressing the button when browsing?

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,
D

Deleted User

Can this run my pokemon diamond diamond overcocked? Cause its soooo slowww

D

Deleted User

PLEASE READ: It's not possible to run commercial/retail ROMs from SD Card with this. Homebrew and DS Download Play ROMs (<4MB games and demos) only work for now.
I MEAN THE ACTUAL CARTRIDGE. IT SAYS FROM SD, NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With the bike, the game is a little faster XD
Yeah, i don't know what you want to mean by 'the game is slow". What's exactly slow?! :wtf:
like, the walking, biking, everything is slow compared to other generations- even gen3 was faster... the battles are slow as f*** and u need a patience of a monk to complete the game w/o ever noticing it...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can overclock, but I don't think that the game is slow because the CPU is underperforming. I think it's just the way the game is designed.
U think that the game wont run faster with overclocking? I heard some games do run faster with overclocking... IDK if pkmn is one of them tho... and I dont really care how they designed it - I just want to enjoy a game...

still waiting for some1 to answer me

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
U think that the game wont run faster with overclocking? I heard some games do run faster with overclocking... IDK if pkmn is one of them tho... and I dont really care how they designed it - I just want to enjoy a game...

still waiting for some1 to answer me

The walking speed is nothing to do with the framerate, which is what the overclcoking improves.

Flyingsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, I have a problem with this loader:

I'm trying to load a rom from my M3DSReal and tried to use this loader, but when I try to start the rom, the 3DS just turns off.
It's a New3DS running the latest Luma3DS on A9LH.
I installed the TWL NANDSIDE cia in the _nds/twlloader/cia folder to my NAND with DevMenu and put my game ini "Castlevania path.ini" into nds/flashcard with the following contents:
[FLASHCARD-ROM]
NDS_PATH = NDS/0105 Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (EU)(M5).nds
This is the path on my M3DSReal SDcard.

I can select the .ini file with the loader but as soon as I select it, the 3DS screen goes black and it turns off after a while.

I also put the files for the M3DSReal on the SDcard of it.

Hopefully you can help me :x
Thanks!

Yasaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just updated to the last version of the twl loader and im still getting white screen when i try to load a rom from my acekard 2i. btw is it possible to just load the flashcard itself so you have akaio menu and choose the roms from there? because i dont want to create so much ini files for my games.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
i just updated to the last version of the twl loader and im still getting white screen when i try to load a rom from my acekard 2i. btw is it possible to just load the flashcard itself so you have akaio menu and choose the roms from there? because i dont want to create so much ini files for my games.

Yes. That's the usual way to do things.

Yasaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you just want to use your flashcard directly, then why are you using TWLoader? Run it from the home menu instead.
this is my problem. when i put my acekard in my n3ds it dont even recognize that i put a cardridge into my n3ds. (no flashcard is not broken, works perfectly on my dsi) also i used my acekard on o3ds back in the days on fw 4.x or something. gateway blue card works perfectly but i prefer acekard. (my 3ds is on 11.2 a9lh luma 6.6)

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
What are the avantages of using this with a flashcard or use a flashcard through the home menu? I mean, now, or in a future. Overclock? How much the overclock is over the original DS clock?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
this is my problem. when i put my acekard in my n3ds it dont even recognize that i put a cardridge into my n3ds. (no flashcard is not broken, works perfectly on my dsi) also i used my acekard on o3ds back in the days on fw 4.x or something. gateway blue card works perfectly but i prefer acekard. (my 3ds is on 11.2 a9lh luma 6.6)

Then the problem is that the card is not making contact with the pins in the slot correctly. It's a hardware thing.

What are the avantages of using this with a flashcard or use a flashcard through the home menu?

It's just a change of interface. You may prefer the TWLoader interface.

Overclock? How much the overclock is over the original DS clock?

The main CPU is doubled in speed from 66MHz to 133MHz. You can also use NTR Launcher for this purpose, by the way.

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
The main CPU is doubled in speed from 66MHz to 133MHz. You can also use NTR Launcher for this purpose, by the way.

Then, in theory, games that get framerates drop (like Pokémon games), should (or do?) work better and with less or none FPS drops?

Last edited by Enlapse,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

Then, in theory, games that get framerates drop (like Pokémon games), should (or do?) work better and with less or none FPS drops?

Yes, FPS drops are greatly minimized. I've not tried Pokemon but Metroid Prime Hunters and GTA play much more smoothly with the overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now the second