Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
(waiting patiently for main pokemon games to work 100%)
I don't need it...
I don't need it...
I definitely don't need it...
I don't need it...
I don't need it...
I don't need it...
I don't need it...
I NEEEEED ITTTTTTT!!!

Same here, but with Wild World. lol

also, gbatemp, y u no give me notifications about new posts here even though i've clicked 'watch thread'?

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same here, but with Wild World. lol

also, gbatemp, y u no give me notifications about new posts here even though i've clicked 'watch thread'?
If you accidentally ignored a new post notification GBATemp will stop notifying you about that thread
If you go to https://gbatemp.net/watched/threads the unread threads should appear and once you visit them, the notifications will start working again

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
I did the following 3 steps, what's next? My 2ds is on boot9strap with Luma.
  1. Extract the files/folders in the "sdroot" folder to the 3DS' SD Card root.
  2. Put .nds ROMs in "sdmc:/roms/nds/". Create the folders if they don't exist.
  3. Dump the DSP firm, as that's needed to play the sound effects and music
Do I need to install all the cia files?

Cheers,

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I did the following 3 steps, what's next? My 2ds is on boot9strap with Luma.
  1. Extract the files/folders in the "sdroot" folder to the 3DS' SD Card root.
  2. Put .nds ROMs in "sdmc:/roms/nds/". Create the folders if they don't exist.
  3. Dump the DSP firm, as that's needed to play the sound effects and music
Do I need to install all the cia files?

Cheers,
Yes, you need to install both cias :)

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. Do I also need to install other cias mentioned on this page?
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

Cheers,

You only need to install a new TWL_FIRM if you have problem loading games (I mean, the shutdown black screen error when booting DS/DSi/GBA games) If not, is up to you to install them. I mean, you can safetly install them :)

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You only need to install a new TWL_FIRM if you have problem loading games (I mean, the shutdown black screen error when booting DS/DSi/GBA games) If not, is up to you to install them. I mean, you can safetly install them :)
Thank you very much.
Just wondering since it's using TWL_FIRM, why still incompatible to many games?

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much.
Just wondering since it's using TWL_FIRM, why still incompatible to many games?
That's because nds-bootstrap is the handle that load roms from SD using ARM7 processor. And why there are incompatible games? That's because nds-bootstrap only have arm patches by now, and it needs to have THUMB patches too to make almost all (iirc) games to work :)
Also, ARM7 is extremelly slow compared with ARM9 and ARM11, so nds-bootstrap needs first to speed up the SD read operations first and later, include all missing patches to make all work :D

Reactions: droople

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's because nds-bootstrap is the handle that load roms from SD using ARM7 processor. And why there are incompatible games? That's because nds-bootstrap only have arm patches by now, and it needs to have THUMB patches too to make almost all (iirc) games to work :)
Also, ARM7 is extremelly slow compared with ARM9 and ARM11, so nds-bootstrap needs first to speed up the SD read operations first and later, include all missing patches to make all work :D

Thanks a lot. Hope people can do something with the signhax.

NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't tend to post very much, but I wanted to say thanks for the amazing work put into this project so far. I just recently hacked my n3ds and subsequently just updated to sighax/b9s, opening the gates to all the homebrew software available. I used to have a dslite and a cyclods evo card to go with it, but my ds died shortly after I got the original 3ds at launch, and the cyclods was blocked from working on the 3ds. I was finally able to revive it with TWLoader and it's working perfectly once again. It's also amazing to see nds games loading from the sd card, even if compatibility is still an issue.

Reactions: RocketRobz

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted this in the bootstrap thread but hoping to have more success here due to this being more active
Hi everyone,

Could you guys do compatibility checks on some of the following games? I didn't see these in the list:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Tales of Hearts
Nanashi no Game
Ni no Kuni
The Saga games
Sakura Note
Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
Suikoden Tierkreis
Okamiden
Trace Memory
Card Hero DS

I would test these out myself, but I currently have a 11.4 OG 3DS and can't homebrew my 3DS (no extra system, and I'm not comfortable hard modding). I plan to do it in the future though.

Really bummed out that Soma Bringer, Solotarobo, 7th Dragon, and Tales of Innocence don't work

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news!

Support for R4iDSN and R4i Gold RTS flashcard will be fixed in the next version!
The only downside is that you can't use the flashcard normally anymore.

Thanks to @umbjolt for testing!

Reactions: umbjolt

KurtKocaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh so i tried to play a game that's not on the list of games, The Game "Dinosaur King" (yeah yeah laugh idc child hood right there) get's stuck on a white screen after it's done creating a save file

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh so i tried to play a game that's not on the list of games, The Game "Dinosaur King" (yeah yeah laugh idc child hood right there) get's stuck on a white screen after it's done creating a save file
Seeing as it might be a newer game, does it white screen if MKDS as a donor ROM is set?

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question...

I'm trying to get TWLoader to work, but I'm hitting several walls. What I want to do is to "import" my games from any of my flashcarts, not run them from my 3DS's microSD. I currently have a TTDS, an M3 DS Simply, a SuperCard DSTwo and an Acekard 2i.

The only one that I've been able to get working was the TTDS. But instead of being able add games, it boots me into the flashcarts menu. What am I doing wrong? I've tried looking for video tutorials, but everyone is loading games from the SD card, which is not what I want.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question...

I'm trying to get TWLoader to work, but I'm hitting several walls. What I want to do is to "import" my games from any of my flashcarts, not run them from my 3DS's microSD. I currently have a TTDS, an M3 DS Simply, a SuperCard DSTwo and an Acekard 2i.

The only one that I've been able to get working was the TTDS. But instead of being able add games, it boots me into the flashcarts menu. What am I doing wrong? I've tried looking for video tutorials, but everyone is loading games from the SD card, which is not what I want.
You missed this step:
OP: (Optional) Run ROMs from your Slot-1 flashcard said:
In TWLoader.7z, extract the files/folders in the "flashcardroot" folder to the flashcard's microSD card root. Do not extract the "flashcardroot" folder itself to the microSD card root.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1