Status
Not open for further replies.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, a lot of games work fine, and that's great and all, but Sonic Rush Adventure does seem to have a problem. The game runs fine, but the issue is with the saving. I've tried loading the game with both a Sonic Rush and a Mario Party DS game card, and the game loads and saves, but when I restart the game, I get a "Save data corrupted, reformatting" screen. This makes it impossible to save the game and continue from that save. The save type matches (EEPROM 64KB), so I'm assuming it's a problem with either the bootstrap or TWLoader.
Did you try using a donor rom?

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try using a donor rom?

Donor rom? The game doesn't load without a card that has a compatible save type, so I always have either Mario Party DS or Sonic Rush inside the 3DS. (Only games I have that have the same save type)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donor rom? The game doesn't load without a card that has a compatible save type, so I always have either Mario Party DS or Sonic Rush inside the 3DS. (Only games I have that have the same save type)
Put mario kart ds wherever you put your other roms. Then before selecting it, hit select, and select set donor rom.

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put mario kart ds wherever you put your other roms. Then before selecting it, hit select, and select set donor rom.

Aha, I see. Thanks, I'll try it and report back!

EDIT: Thanks! This worked perfectly! For anyone else who happens to have this issue, what I did was:

Set bootstrap to Unofficial -> Went to MKDS and pressed select, and then pressed `Set as donor ROM`, after which I simply loaded Sonic Rush Adventure.

Last edited by Gimzie,

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you update bootstrap to the latest?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's an .ipa?
I actually wanna bang my head against a desk multiple times now because of that.

But, son, listen up; you're in for a long 'splaining.

.IPA FILES ARE LITERALLY THE APP FILES FOR AN IOS DEVICE. FBI HAS A FORWARDER APPLICATION IN .IPA FORMAT AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FORWARDER FOR IOS THE SAME WAY YOU DID IT FOR ANDROID.

Did that clear it up, son?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually wanna bang my head against a desk multiple times now because of that.

.IPA FILES ARE LITERALLY THE APP FILES FOR AN IOS DEVICE. FBI HAS A FORWARDER APPLICATION IN .IPA FORMAT AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FORWARDER FOR IOS THE SAME WAY YOU DID IT FOR ANDROID.

Did that deserve red letters and caps? It's not like this is the iphone hacking section. Also i still have no idea what the hell you're going on about.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
And this is why I don't like iPhone owners. Anyway, the FBI thing is an unofficial use of the sockfile, which has been deprecated, and is totally unrelated to this and its developers. Secondly, the forwarder creator is written in Java, but you're free to port it to Xcode and Obj-C.

Reactions: lonewolf08

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
And this is why I don't like iPhone owners. Anyway, the FBI thing is an unofficial use of the sockfile, which has been deprecated, and is totally unrelated to this and its developers. Secondly, the forwarder creator is written in Java, but you're free to port it to Xcode and Obj-C.
Hey I have an iPhone and I am pretty sane

Reactions: Joom

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

Your an idiot. Go bang that head of yours against a desk, it may help you. Son

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Your an idiot. Go bang that head of yours against a desk, it may help you. Son
I like how you're still raring to go & I dropped this like, what, 7 hours ago? Don't relish in the past. It's bad for you.

Thanks for that. I'll see what I can do with trying to re-write it, since you suggested it.

Didn't actually think I'd be getting help today, but this made my day.

Hey I have an iPhone and I am pretty sane
I'm sane; it's just that I was triggered by the fact that people didn't know a file format.

I dont... Get it....
Don't worry about it too much. I'm ok now.

Justeego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not working with r4ids.cn, dunno why, only getting white screens
I MADE IT WORKING, I HOPE TOPIC OWNER ADD THIS TO HOMEPAGE OR FIX THE BUG

Simple Guide for R4ids and RTS card, read and understand the process before doing it:
1. Copy "flashcardroot" from "TWLoader.7z" to the card
2. Copy the ds frowarder files in to the root of the card
3. Open TWLoader in the 3ds and set "Console output" to "On (Debug)"
4. set Bootstrap to Unofficial, exit with home button and close TWLoader
5. Open TWLoader, press START and set file location to Flashcard
6. Press "Add Games"
7. On the bottom screen will appear "Press start.." in order to continue DON'T PRESS IT, WAIT 8 SECONDS
8. Press START and loading screen will appear

I don't know why I need to wait some seconds but with this it works, probably the card is too slow, it just need a simple fix

Last edited by Justeego,

Agronaut022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally was able o fix the Luma Crashing problem, It crashed because of the custom path. But now every game is stuck on a white screen, even the ones that are conifrmed to work

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why I need to wait some seconds but with this it works, probably the card is too slow, it just need a simple fix
If you mean the switch to NTR/TWL mode, that's normal for it to take some seconds.
I finally was able o fix the Luma Crashing problem, It crashed because of the custom path. But now every game is stuck on a white screen, even the ones that are conifrmed to work
Try setting Bootstrap to Unofficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...