Hacking Dios Mios USB question

What storage device do you use for your wii?

• Total voters

bowser369

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aryion.com
XP
Country
United States
I was using a pny metal attache 64gb usb, I played various games and played all the way through a few, but once i had beaten metroid prime and proceeded to play a mega man x command mission pal for the first time, I just get a black screen for all my games now. The usb is still formatted fat32, and this is for both wiiflow and usb loader gx. I have a few games on a verbatim store n' go 4gb usb, and they work just fine, what happened to my pny metal usb??

I would hate to reformat it and re-install all my games to the usb.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The device shouldn't matter... ...it work on all the above..

and Dios Mios should be fine ...."Nintendon't is better blabla bla" can be the right answer sometimes, but don't take it as the only truth. Dios Mios also works well for a lot of games, and some times, Dios Mios is enough (I use both myself).

Is your Wii a pal one? ..you are using Dios Mios together with which loader? (..you can change some options about forcing regions, and change the IOS to load from, etc ...some of this could help)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if you found how to fix it since April.
Try to change the video mode (usually, "Auto" is enough for most games), but some few games might require you to set the correct video mode matching the region of the game (if you play a PAL game, set Force PAL 576i or 480i)
Sometime "Video mode : none" is also a way to fix games, it uses the current video mode without forcing or auto-detecting anything.

it used to work, so there's no reason it doesn't work anymore.
it's probably a setting to change.
maybe forcing interlace can fix black screen issue (disable Progressive mode or any patches)

sorry, without more detail, and the fact that it's an old thread, we can't help more.

Like walkerD said, don't always recommend another loader.
if the user don't know about it, suggesting is fine. But sometime the user chose the one he want to use and he just want help with it. using something else is not a valid fix.

bowser369

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aryion.com
XP
Country
United States
I simply redownloaded the ISO and optimized it with DMLizard. All my games work on a Sandisk Cruizer 8gp simply by dragging and dropping the optimized folder on the root folder named "games"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-