Homebrew Dios Mios corrupt memory card

ayy lmao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help to fix this problem. Every time I play super smash bros melee, I get a corrupt memory card message. I format the memory card and it still happens. Is there a way to fix this? By the way I'm using Dios Mios Booter.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That game is maybe like Mario Kart double dash...

DIOS MIOS is not emulating the memory card, it only redirect the save file to be written to SD or USB instead of beeing written into a "virtual memory card file".
The virtual memory card file can contains any binary data, filename, etc.
But on SD or USB, only FAT32 characters are allowed and some games are using random non-ascii letters for their save's filename.

when DIOS MIOS see that you want to write the save file to SD it replaces the incompatible characters in its filename with spaces (or underscore, or just discard them, I don't remember) and the file is saved.
but when the game try to open the file, it can't find it as the expected filename is different.

I recommend using Nintendont instead, which is not saving savefiles directly to SD/USB but are using an emulated memory card file.
Memcard.raw <-- inside you have blocs and it can store multiple games, etc. just like a real card.

Nintendont doesn't need MIOS replacement, and don't care if you installed a different MIOS.
it will not conflict. You can have both DIOS MIOS and Nintendont at the same time.
see the first post of nintendont thread (in the vWii section) to see how to install and setup.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recommend using Nintendont instead, which is not saving savefiles directly to SD/USB but are using an emulated memory card file.
Memcard.raw <-- inside you have blocs and it can store multiple games, etc. just like a real card.

Nintendont doesn't need MIOS replacement, and don't care if you installed a different MIOS.
it will not conflict. You can have both DIOS MIOS and Nintendont at the same time.
see the first post of nintendont thread (in the vWii section) to see how to install and setup.
Nintendont also has the advantage (alongside Devolution, which I would personally recommend if you own a working Melee game disc and a Wii) of working on the Wii U, in Wii mode (aka vWii)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill