StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
90% of the people would still download the patch for one stupid reason:
they won't pay for it.

Or maybe I could just put the patch as R3volution does, plugin form + forcing you to use an UMD. :P

Reactions: Nightmesh

ReDRa1n:x2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i have a quick and blunt question about this project.
Howmuch of the still active member's time of this project is spend on this project - hours a day / hours a week / hours a month well you get it.

And what is the most needed part of projects like this Romhacking Translators etc.

I plan on learning all kind of stuff to help projects while currently knowing nothing i wish to learn and help others in ways i can on the long run.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, the story is fine actually, my work is mainly on the menu.
Like that for example, I'm sure some rewording could fit but certain item names just can't.
ch2hrqmqgrwx0mazx.jpg

What do you need a portable potty for? That wasn't even brought up in the show, so why do you need it in the game? And don't give me the "it's got to be realistic" crap. And just what is the story? Does it follow the first 50 episodes of Season 1 or is it something else?

Or instead of collecting floppy discs for your Digimon, why couldn't you have something similar to the Ben 10 game alien switching? The Omnitrix's power gets depleted as you stay in alien form and then recharges when you become human again. You could have the same thing; use up too much of Tentomon's Super Shocker and he reverts to his younger self. And as you level up, the amount of energy grows as well. Or more technically, as you and your Digimon grow closer. Hmm, but I guess they're there for the same reason that there're tonics and ethers in Chrono Trigger.

X-Blader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you need a portable potty for? That wasn't even brought up in the show, so why do you need it in the game? And don't give me the "it's got to be realistic" crap. And just what is the story? Does it follow the first 50 episodes of Season 1 or is it something else?

Or instead of collecting floppy discs for your Digimon, why couldn't you have something similar to the Ben 10 game alien switching? The Omnitrix's power gets depleted as you stay in alien form and then recharges when you become human again. You could have the same thing; use up too much of Tentomon's Super Shocker and he reverts to his younger self. And as you level up, the amount of energy grows as well. Or more technically, as you and your Digimon grow closer. Hmm, but I guess they're there for the same reason that there're tonics and ethers in Chrono Trigger.

It's not an adaptation of the show. It's based off Digimon World for PS1. Digimon pooping was apart of it. I forget exactly what it did but I think it had to do with their happiness and virus levels, contributing to the branching evolutions. Portable Potties are convenient so the player doesn't have to be near a Potty.

They aren't making the game, just translating it. I think it would be too much work to change game mechanics.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howmuch of the still active member's time of this project is spend on this project - hours a day / hours a week / hours a month well you get it.
And what is the most needed part of projects like this Romhacking Translators etc.

I plan on learning all kind of stuff to help projects while currently knowing nothing i wish to learn and help others in ways i can on the long run.
I am not a part of this project, but I am working with StorMyu on a different one, and frankly, it varies. Most people who work on this kind of project are usually in college, and that comes first, and when dealing with jobs, school, family etc, the project that no one is paying you to do tends to get pushed aside at times. Right now, I am getting ready to leave the country for a couple weeks and won't be doing any work on my project for a while.

It'll get done when it's done.

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
90% of the people would still download the patch for one stupid reason:
they won't pay for it.

Or maybe I could just put the patch as R3volution does, plugin form + forcing you to use an UMD. :P

+ playing it on emulator on PC/PSP than buying that game even its added Digimons or story but their attacks pretty same due restriction of storage
instead of a remake i would prefer a new game than....that

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

As Sporky said, it varies, Sporky is translating like a mad men on Sword Art Online while I'm working on all the troubles we could have with the translation, but since I have lots of current projects, it really depends on my time and my motivation.
per week... I can go from 1 to 20 hours, depending on my schedule / motivation.

It's not an adaptation of the show. It's based off Digimon World for PS1. Digimon pooping was apart of it. I forget exactly what it did but I think it had to do with their happiness and virus levels, contributing to the branching evolutions. Portable Potties are convenient so the player doesn't have to be near a Potty.

They aren't making the game, just translating it. I think it would be too much work to change game mechanics.
And it would be stupid to remove the Portable Potty, it's hard to get at the beginning of the game so you're still forced to use the potty, it's only useful later in the game.
Anyway, I think this system is forced, forcing you to "Tamagotchi" your Digimon is just so much fun xD

Carsonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Like people have already mention, the game is a story of it's own, it doesn't follow the adventure story or any other story line of the digimon anime. The original was (if i remember) an adaptation of good old tamagotchi (think i spelt it right) where the whole idea was to look after a virtual pet by feeding, playing and toileting your little friend. thats why it was included in the original digimon world, so that there was an element of care and challenge to the game style rather than walking around and killing everything once you've leveled up, hence why your digimon die as well. the porta-potty is because sometime your too far from a bathroom to get to one in time, so it's useful in that sense, its also helpful for training when you don't want to be wasting time with wandering to the nearest bathroom while at the gym.

Also, this is a translation, don't think they're looking to change the core machanics of the game other than maybe adding some digi-dudes, althouhg i may have missed something?

laughinman

Unambiguous
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I liked Digimon World 3 best.Not that that's relevant or anything

The original Digimon World was a special game, I had many many hours of enjoyment from it. It was very inventive for it's time and rewarding for the effort needed. I have contemplated playing it again but since this is in the works I don't think I'll bother.... might still tho -_-

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol, still not released yet?

Its your thing, and i am respecting you for all this work, but maybe its already too late.
The game is already coming to usa/europe and i think you know it very well...

you could have released it already, because i think most of the players will only pla it for Story and 3D Digimon...

..just my opinion...

regards

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its your thing, and i am respecting you for all this work, but maybe its already too late.

you could have released it already, because i think most of the players will only pla it for Story and 3D Digimon...

..just my opinion...

regards

Eh?
Since when was it coming to both the USA and Europe?
I think it would've been bigger news by now.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

..just my opinion...

regards

Apparently a petition means auto translation, no consideration for the company that translates it just "Yes, it's happening because we said so". Have to say this translation project better fits the quote than that petition.

Please do come back though if you have an official source as opposed to a bunch a sites linking to a petition.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

FranciscoMateus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I think that if there really was an official translation being made, the guys working in this project would tell us about it. And it is almost impossible for the psp to get a official translation, since it has been passed A FREAKIN LONG TIME since the game was released. Normally an english patch would be made in 6 months, not passing a year a so after the game release. (Sorry for the repetitive words, quite in a hurry >.<)

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, if there was an official translation in the works then Namco probably would've sent a C&D letter or something.
Or they could be totally cool with it like NISA was with the Dangan Ronpa translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: decided to make wood menu the default flashcart menu instead of twl menu