Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

11caldeale

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering this game, it means a proper localization process.
Remember when you start a pokemon game and you can enter English Letters and all for character naming?
The same has to be done for Redigitize since currently this is not possible.

Also Japanese uses a different structure for dates and years and such. this has to be adjusted as well.

Short: ASM hacking involves making things work for English Gamers, and localize it properly.

Awesome, thanks a lot for that :)

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I believe what he means is ASM hacking prevents things like what I run into, characters being squished or lines not fitting next to each other properly, things like that. Things they didn't compensate for because it wasn't initially planned for English.

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also Japanese uses a different structure for dates and years and such. this has to be adjusted as well.
When you say date structure are you referring to the formatting like Japan uses YYYY/MM/DD? And if that is the case what will you be changing it to? (I'm only asking as doing a little research it seems as though most of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY, including most of Europe that at least half the team seems to be from). If I'm barking up the wrong tree, and that's not what you meant, feel free to ignore me.

Spydoorman

Trophies
XP
Country
I created account here just to follow the a great patch like this, live long DIGIMONS!(hope not like the life span in the game) lol :rofl:

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some stuff that I did:
Remember when you press the Home button ? Well it's no longer in Japanese.
Save/load menu ? same.

What I'm currently looking for ?
Year/Day of digimon's life are aligned to the right but they were too short (one kanji heh) so the Day/Year text overlaps o their values.
That's what asm hacking are for. As an example...

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just playing an English patch of yugioh tag force 6. The hackers there managed to insert English text different from the default Japanese encoding. For e.g. no wide characters. Fits in the given text box. Maybe there's something in that game's coding that can give some sort of hint to ur asm problem. Just a thought that popped into my head

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make them flashy and red and a jumping gif saying "THIS STUFF IS NEW DUMBASS" then people will notice :D
Even then, you are expecting people to scroll down and read. Apparently, it's a lot easier to just type up "When r u gonna release da patch 4 dis game???" then reading the first page of posts.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I was just playing an English patch of yugioh tag force 6. The hackers there managed to insert English text different from the default Japanese encoding. For e.g. no wide characters. Fits in the given text box. Maybe there's something in that game's coding that can give some sort of hint to ur asm problem. Just a thought that popped into my head

That's the different font types. Half-width and full-width fonts.
ASM is about adjusting those and the system so that the words fit properly.
I.E. a line can only hold say 10 Japanese characters, adjusting it to 20 characters.

Rosenakahara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so any idea when next update might be? (sorry for asking it's just that i really want to see that 60% overall to go up by at least 5% XD)

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
they're not really relevant but it's just because we're waiting for me to make the next "update" per se, and so far the game just hates me xD

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well it's mostly because I'm waiting for the UI for the breakpoint system on PPSSPP, in the meantime I've been playing with the internal psp function Digimon calls = the Home button / Savedata stuff etc
but since no emulator does that, I'll have to wait for the 24th to come home to see my PSP. Since apparently the Prometheus-4 firmware of romsstar is not making the game working with a decrypted eboot.

And I actually don't remember how to encrypt it back...

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well it's mostly because I'm waiting for the UI for the breakpoint system on PPSSPP, in the meantime I've been playing with the internal psp function Digimon calls = the Home button / Savedata stuff etc
but since no emulator does that, I'll have to wait for the 24th to come home to see my PSP. Since apparently the Prometheus-4 firmware of romsstar is not making the game working with a decrypted eboot.

And I actually don't remember how to encrypt it back...

I don't know if this may help you but JPCSP now plays this game 100% correct (starting with revision 3033). They finally fixed the problems with the icons and such, but I don't know if that will help you with what you need to do, mostly since I don't know what do you mean with the UI of the breakpoint system n.nU

Still I thought in mention about JPCSP, so maybe it can help you :)

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I know, but it doesn't really help me, what's missing from the psp emulator is an actual good debugger which PPSSPP is trying to set.
[UnknownBracket] is implementing memory breakpoint in the JIT system which is on the way but still need an interface (the UI) to work.

I usually use JPCSP to memory breakpoint to find the function I'm looking for and then use PPSSPP because the debugger is more efficient but Digimon is a little more clever since it uses
a malloc system which copy the string somewhere in memory before using it, and since JPCSP can't change memory breakpoint while it's open, I can put it in the right place because the adress changes everytime.

And that's why it's troublesome for now.
That was for the "issue" on psp emulator and also why I kinda hate working on that platform for now.

What I meant about psp internal function, it's everything that's not related to the game but to the PSP itself.
Like what I did for my Tales of Rebirth's Project:

cc6s1k5r22ynmvpkd.bmp

See ? It has "Load" and "Back" and "Enter" instead of Japanese (and the rest it's because the savedata was from an untranslated version so everything is still written in Japanese...)
But apparently if you load Digimon with an unencrypted Eboot (because it is crypted and you can decrypt it with Iso-Tool or even JPCSP)
You can't load it on the real psp after that according to romsstar who is on 5.50 Prome-4 firmware.
game couldn't start (80020148)

I'm personnaly on 6.60 PRO-C BUT I don't have my PSP with me so if someone with that firmware can pm me for a little test, you'll have an update sooner than expected lol.

Reactions: Manasword

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Yeah I know, but it doesn't really help me, what's missing from the psp emulator is an actual good debugger which PPSSPP is trying to set.
[UnknownBracket] is implementing memory breakpoint in the JIT system which is on the way but still need an interface (the UI) to work.

I usually use JPCSP to memory breakpoint to find the function I'm looking for and then use PPSSPP because the debugger is more efficient but Digimon is a little more clever since it uses
a malloc system which copy the string somewhere in memory before using it, and since JPCSP can't change memory breakpoint while it's open, I can put it in the right place because the adress changes everytime.

And that's why it's troublesome for now.
That was for the "issue" on psp emulator and also why I kinda hate working on that platform for now.

What I meant about psp internal function, it's everything that's not related to the game but to the PSP itself.
Like what I did for my Tales of Rebirth's Project:

cc6s1k5r22ynmvpkd.bmp

See ? It has "Load" and "Back" and "Enter" instead of Japanese (and the rest it's because the savedata was from an untranslated version so everything is still written in Japanese...)
But apparently if you load Digimon with an unencrypted Eboot (because it is crypted and you can decrypt it with Iso-Tool or even JPCSP)
You can't load it on the real psp after that according to romsstar who is on 5.50 Prome-4 firmware.
game couldn't start (80020148)

I'm personnaly on 6.60 PRO-C BUT I don't have my PSP with me so if someone with that firmware can pm me for a little test, you'll have an update sooner than expected lol.

lol i will test tonight :P remind me, i have the compile ready, just need to copy it onto the psp lol

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
cc6s1k5r22ynmvpkd.bmp

How did you do that? Or rather, where was the data stored which contained the info to edit that?
That's one thing that's ALWAYS bugged me about translations patches.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Heh heh, I did this for some other French translation project actually.
English one are somewhat easier to change than Japanese, but I could look into Danball if you want.
Also, it's not data, it's mostly code.

=
Code:
.org 0x08850928                ; Change SaveData Function language.

.ifdef English
    li    v1,0x1
    sw    v1,4(v0)
.endif
.ifdef French
    li    v1,0x2
    sw    v1,4(v0)
.endif
.ifdef Italian
    li    v1,0x5
    sw    v1,4(v0)
.endif