did u know that microsoft invented hdd in console

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I had PS2 and GameCube that got in 2001 and 2002 - both didn't have hard drive, but I was very happy with discs and memory cards. I didn't get first Xbox until 2004 and Midtown Madness 3 was my first game at that time.

Despite about have Xbox, I played on PS2 most of time and sometime with GameCube, especially after Mario Kart Double Dash came out. Massive game selection, especially RPG was main reason that I stick with PS2 until I sold it after got PS3 in 2007.

I sold original Xbox before got Xbox 360 for Christmas 2006 because it was widely available at store since PS3 was out of stock.

Reactions: krzys4x

krzys4x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
btw when xbox360 then one year after it ps3 came out any pc couldnt handled that graphics like pgr3 killzone 2:yayone:

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer to this question relies heavily on how you choose to word it...
If you specify "Hard Drive" then it's the PS2 or Xbox depending on if you also specify including it in the box or not since both had it. PS2 launched first but you had to supply your own HDD. Xbox had it built into the console. PS2 slim doesn't count since you essentially are modding in your own storage to an IDE interface present on the motherboard. If that were to count then then the Dreamcast counts too. It released in 2000 and had an ide interface on the motherboard you could mod in a Hard Drive with just by cutting the head off one end of an IDE cable and soldering the wires to the DC motherboard.

If you only specify it as "Internal Storage" then the winner would be the Amiga CD32 in 1996. It had internal storage that a few games took advantage of to save your progress. It was the only option available on that console for saving a game without buying a floppy drive add-on and that was more meant to play floppy disk games and save those games to their own disks.

Reactions: sunras

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The answer to this question relies heavily on how you choose to word it...
If you specify "Hard Drive" then it's the PS2 or Xbox depending on if you also specify including it in the box or not since both had it. PS2 launched first but you had to supply your own HDD. Xbox had it built into the console. PS2 slim doesn't count since you essentially are modding in your own storage to an IDE interface present on the motherboard. If that were to count then then the Dreamcast counts too. It released in 2000 and had an ide interface on the motherboard you could mod in a Hard Drive with just by cutting the head off one end of an IDE cable and soldering the wires to the DC motherboard.

If you only specify it as "Internal Storage" then the winner would be the Amiga CD32 in 1996. It had internal storage that a few games took advantage of to save your progress. It was the only option available on that console for saving a game without buying a floppy drive add-on and that was more meant to play floppy disk games and save those games to their own disks.
Wait, wait... didn't the PC Engine CD-ROM² also have internal storage to save your progress back in 1988?
Or, in case you consider that an add-on and not a single console... then didn't the PC Engine Duo have (exactly the same) internal storage in 1991?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock