Not open for further replies.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The man hasn't even released anything yet and all people seem to want to do is bitch and moan about potential AP.
So what? When the 3DS was announced with having a strong security and a region lock people were also bitching, moaning and speculating. Same goes to the vita and also to the yet to be released crown3ds flash cart. From the view of a site owner hot discussions are a good thing. I'd rather have a heated discussion than no discussion at all.

I'm all for freedom of speech (or text), but if you want to speculate about devolution AP, find someplace else to do it.
What place? Open yet another thread? :P

When tuiedj created his original topic in the Wii Hacking section, it was an announcement relevant to Wii hacking. His thread was closed for a reason, because the thread got derailed and no longer became relevant to wii hacking but instead became a speculative AP discussion.
How is AP discussion not related to hacking?

And how does an open thread effect me you ask? It doesn't until it does... do you think it's impossible for all this AP talk to make tueidj throw his hands in the air and say "fuck it"? I don't know him well enough to say one way or another, but I'd say that it's not impossible (if this project proves anything, it's that nothing is impossible)... everyone has a breaking point, if you want to test his limits, go right ahead.
I can see where you're coming from but I highly doubt that someone like tueidj is the kind of man who would quit just because people are complaining. As he already said, he is doing this for himself.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, this is why the thread shouldve been locked right away.... Theres no discussion going on here, just a lot of random crap >_>

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can see where you're coming from but I highly doubt that someone like tueidj is the kind of man who would quit just because people are complaining. As he already said, he is doing this for himself.
Exactly. Doing it for himself i.e. he probably doesn't care that much if other people get it.

Reactions: 1 person

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about instead of whining about closing the thread you don't say anything unless it is to do with Devolution itself. Like maybe speculation on how wii mode could actually allow cc support. Or how about possible flaws or bugs that could crop up? How about the potential to have it work with gamecube-less wiis? Because of people trolling about closing the thread and other off topic crap, that's exactly why threads get closed in the first place. You are intentionally derailing the thread to have it closed. Are you scared you'll say the wrong thing and tueidj will give up? I mean really people, can't we actually discuss devolution?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
No. There is no point to discussing/speculating it right now when it is not available yet. All those questions that you and everyone has will be answered when it gets released. The original thread was closed, so it's kinda of a bad move to start another thread about it. The first thread will be reopened when the time is right. For now everyone will just have to hold on to their panties and wait.

But the main reason why this thread should be closed is because of all the people bitching/speculating about these "AP" measures.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmmm... such a shame i don't care for gamecube anymore... i just can't afford it atm... also really why the hell did someone make a different topic about this? but yeah people are bitching and this is the internet so deal with it. if something breaks often then why buy it? once it becomes ready just start a topic it on it? and it's true the maker of this program was in rawksd making? i wonder... not saying i'm doubting anything i'm just thinking about something...

JoelStickney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have about 50 Gamecube games siting in a box in my closet, just waiting to be popped open, so I'm generally excited about this development. DML has helped me out, but I only put one of my games (Animal Crossing) on it since my SD Card is small. Which is almost enough for me. But I'd love to play some Windwaker one day.

I'm new to all this Wii Hacking, but from what I can gather. This stone cold brilliant individual discovered that Gamecube games are flexible enough to be run in Wii mode regardless of the clock speed as long as they're "told" what that clock speed is. Alright, alright, that's fantastic, personally, I think Nintendo should have done something similar. I've always hated going to the system, manually powering it down and turning it back on. It meshed with the whole 'clean' uniform feel of the system.

The audio streaming problem is quite problematic and pretty much was given up on from what I saw, so if he has a good idea, I'd love to try to understand that concepts behind it. If anyone has any theories, I think it would make for an intriguing discussion.

The anti-piracy topic is interesting from a technical stand-point, mainly because I don't remember a backup solution on any system where these kinds of restrictions were implemented successfully. Now, if I were a betting man, which I am not, I'd go with one of two solutions. One, being the easiest, initial backup needs to be from an actual disc (that would knock out a good 80% of pirates I'm sure). Two, implement number one and hash the disc, then require that same hash for every play (essentially requiring the same disc to be put back in). Or maybe it's something cool, that I've, like, never heard of before. Maybe it'll just ask if you're a pirate when you first run the app and if you say yes, you're banned for life (muhahahaha, get it? :P).

But another thing that somewhat strikes my curiosity is that he states that there are no Custom IOSes. Now this makes sense, seeing as this, in a lot of ways acts like an emulator of sorts. I'm guessing it's using the extra CPU processing power for the backend emulator stuff like new controllers/memory card access and other stuff. I truly wonder how extensible this could be. I also wonder if it can force video modes unto discs. Cause I'm tellin' ya, not asking the question "Run in 480p?" every time I start a game would make this app/emulator worth it's weight in...whatever valuable element exists that weighs about an electron or two. :P

That is all. Sorry, if this topic makes people angry. But we are human, beautiful curious humans. Without that curiosity, I doubt anything would ever come to be.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i hope he releases the code for playing gamecube games with a wii remote or classic controller.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i hope he releases the code for playing gamecube games with a wii remote or classic controller.
There's no reason for him to, his app will do everything you could want of any GC loader according to his thread, so the code won't be needed for anything else.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reason we can't discuss - to let tueidj work on it and not have 50 people like this breathing down his neck "HEY MAN IS IT DONE YET HUH WHEN IS IT GONNA BE DONE"

When it's ready, it'll be ready. You'll see an announcement on front page. You won't miss something like this, guaranteed.

Hell, I had forgotten about it already.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reason we can't discuss - to let tueidj work on it and not have 50 people like this breathing down his neck "HEY MAN IS IT DONE YET HUH WHEN IS IT GONNA BE DONE"

When it's ready, it'll be ready. You'll see an announcement on front page. You won't miss something like this, guaranteed.

Hell, I had forgotten about it already.
Yeah, that makes absolutely sense. How in the world did people manage to discuss the Wii, Windows 7, PS Vita, PSP, PS3, 3DS, SNEEK, the homebrew channel etc etc. before they were released?? They must be insane!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Damn right. That's why there's this thing called "private messages". That way, you know for a fact that he gets it. And doesn't read or even reply to it, because that's the way to cope with spam. :P

Anyway...I got thinking: gamecube games from any source (SD, USB) with any controller and with a means to avoid piracy...if tueidj really has or is working on this technology (and remember I'm sceptical until actual release)...why is he releasing it for free? With the WiiU on the horizon, it would be much smarter to try to sell it to nintendo. Since it'll support wii games, chances are high it won't have to be altered all that much to accommodate for purchaseable and downloadable gamecube games in their e-shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel