Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Reason we can't discuss - to let tueidj work on it and not have 50 people like this breathing down his neck "HEY MAN IS IT DONE YET HUH WHEN IS IT GONNA BE DONE"

Damn right. That's why there's this thing called "private messages". That way, you know for a fact that he gets it. And doesn't read or even reply to it, because that's the way to cope with spam. :P

Anyway...I got thinking: gamecube games from any source (SD, USB) with any controller and with a means to avoid piracy...if tueidj really has or is working on this technology (and remember I'm sceptical until actual release)...why is he releasing it for free? With the WiiU on the horizon, it would be much smarter to try to sell it to nintendo. Since it'll support wii games, chances are high it won't have to be altered all that much to accommodate for purchaseable and downloadable gamecube games in their e-shop.
Nintendo made the hardware. I'd hope they can make the same thing...

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reason we can't discuss - to let tueidj work on it and not have 50 people like this breathing down his neck "HEY MAN IS IT DONE YET HUH WHEN IS IT GONNA BE DONE"

Damn right. That's why there's this thing called "private messages". That way, you know for a fact that he gets it. And doesn't read or even reply to it, because that's the way to cope with spam. :P

Anyway...I got thinking: gamecube games from any source (SD, USB) with any controller and with a means to avoid piracy...if tueidj really has or is working on this technology (and remember I'm sceptical until actual release)...why is he releasing it for free? With the WiiU on the horizon, it would be much smarter to try to sell it to nintendo. Since it'll support wii games, chances are high it won't have to be altered all that much to accommodate for purchaseable and downloadable gamecube games in their e-shop.

Something tells me this kid never heard of "copyright infringement"...

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh its not too stupid. And to all you morons who keep telling mods to close this thread. There is a fucking report button for gods sakes. Instead of posting and bumping the thread you could just report and get it over with.

/End Rant

Its very nice to see the Wii just bringing more and more potential to the homebrew scene. Its the first scene I have been involved in and by far the best I will probably ever whitness. Great job to all you devs. Best of luck to you as well, creator of Devolution.

Reactions: 1 person

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be much smarter to try to sell it to nintendo.

Sorry, but perhaps I missed the logic where "Nintendo" and "sell" were in the same sentence. Gee, and this whole time I thought selling emulators was illegal! Silly me!

But seriously, where the f*** did you pull that smart idea from? Wouldn't doing something like that to a company that has zero tolerance towards any hacking, emulation and any other unofficial modification be like swimming in a shark-infested pool with an open wound?

Stop trolling.

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-a-lame-troll.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo made the hardware. I'd hope they can make the same thing...
Yes...and we've seen how that turned out on the wii. They made the hardware for that as well, but you still needed gamecube controllers and memory sticks. Seeing how the wiiu won't be shipping with either of those slots (not to mention that they're starting to become hard to come by), they're going to need a vial alternative for them if they want to have gamecube games in their shop.

@[member='the_randomizer']: I'm very aware of nintendo's stance on home modification. That's why I said "try to". But answer me this: where is nintendo going to find the people with the proper skills to make the wiiU a powerhouse?
What I'm saying is: despite nintendo's stance on hacking & stuff, it's still in their both interest to use it.

Of course, if they have their own way of doing the exact same thing, they'll obviously decline. But if not (see my reply to Fishaman), then they should at least be giving it a second thought. They know very well they want to resell gamecube games as VC on their next console. And with being the first company to kick off another console generation clash, they're going to need all the head start they can muster.

Lastly: I wasn't trolling. There's certainly something to be said about the drawbacks, but compared to some other "discussions", even in this same thread, you know there's something to be said about this.
Sorry if I gave the wrong idea to you guys, but if that's what you're saying: simply don't reply to it. That's only spreading the idea (even though that wasn't the intention).

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Closing this thread will just let other 2 pop up.

Keep it civil, we're gonna keep this open as long as something isn't released.

We don't want people opening up Devolution threads here and there just because they can't find an open one.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just a question out of plain curiousity...

How come the apploader is dated 2002 (in the Audio Streaming video) or 2003 (in the first one that was released)?
QiTCE.png

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@tueidj: Anyway... Without looking at the video (as the streaming on my phone is rubbish, even on a contract), what exactly has been done at the moment and what can we expect on release?

Edit: Time is precious and you should never waste any moment of it (even if you could go back and change it... you can't, as it's just how things are meant be).

Also... Time Travel isn't actually possible and even if it was possible, it would be complete dangerous.

I know, it's irrelevant to the thread... But I'd just thought I'd say it anyway.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do troublesome games like the later mario party's allow save to hard drive/sd as well since NMM doesnt work too well with it? as well as the microphone being used in the gc mem port for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ