Hacking Devolution - Public Release

ArKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a Transcend SDXC 64GB formatted to FAT32 the Wii see it on the main menu but will not mount the game to start any ideas what I need to do PLEASE :bow:

flannel_K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: was looking for ppp emulation setup support for devolution, gbatemp wasn't the right place to go looking; found the help regardless.

megatokyo500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome. That will solve the problem with games that use the analog L&R triggers.
I wouldn't hold your breath for that. From the pictures posted, the gamecube triggers on those controllers are labelled ZL/ZR which are digital values only in the classic controller data packets.

jommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive experienced a problem with paper Mario on my wii u. when I reach the part of the game where I need to go to flurries house to recruit her, it plays the cutscene where she cant find her necklace and returns me to the tree. this loop is making it so I cant progress in the game and am wondering if there is a solution

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
ive experienced a problem with paper Mario on my wii u. when I reach the part of the game where I need to go to flurries house to recruit her, it plays the cutscene where she cant find her necklace and returns me to the tree. this loop is making it so I cant progress in the game and am wondering if there is a solution
Could you send me your save? I haven't fully played this game in devo yet, so I can't confirm it but I would definitely like to see the loop.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Devolution Engine r234 "Zero Sum" (2014/08/14):

- Alternative controllers (Wiimote with classic controller, WiiU Pro Controller, PS3 controller, OUYA controller, USB/BT keyboards)
- Alternative mediums as memory cards (SD / USB / NAND)
- Screenshot captures
- Playtime recording on the system menu's daily log
- Horizontal stretching to accomodate underscan areas on newer TVs.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, the gfx in Sonic Heroes is finally fixed. :D

- Horizontal stretching to accomodate underscan areas on newer TVs.
Heh, this has been mentioned a few times in the Nintendont thread.

- screenshots
Hooray for screenshots! DM's screenshots got the sizes wrong and were generally a hassle to convert on a specific OS most users don't have. Just took a bunch of screenshots, didn't know Paper Mario was 608x480, it's possibly to show square pixels.

Hmm, it seems Japanese text is now fixed so you may need to use a specific memcard.bin for those games, otherwise it will ask to format. USB Loader GX has that as a per-game option.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
For multi disc games, I know we have to start the game always with disc one but, do we need to previously verify the second disc too, or just the first one?

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, I'll have to check this out when I get home. No need to re-verify games, right? Since the verification method didn't change...

Edit: Never mind, readme says no need to re-verify. Excellent. And yay for screenshots.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's nice to know that this is still supported and updated. I guess having some healthy competition with Nintendont has helped a bit. :)

Looks like I'll need to add a few new options to postLoader too for this. The plate keeps getting piled on.. :P

Reactions: MassiveRican

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone been able to get the screenshot thing to work? I have my Wii and computer connected wirelessly to the same router, and when I enter the IP address of the Wii given by the homebrew channel (which is the one I assigned to it via static IP), it just doesn't connect.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does analogue triggers still work for the Classic Control (Original Snes looking one with analogue triggers) It used to in other Devo versions but cannot see it in the readme this time?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Has anyone been able to get the screenshot thing to work?
I got it to work but seemed a bit tricky, it only worked on the Dolphin browser on my android device.
Chrome and Opera would not work for me.

Photobucket resamples the image as a png but you get the idea.
608x480 and 640x480

Ayumi01_zps206c4728.png

Reactions: Hozu

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it to work but seemed a bit tricky, it only worked on the Dolphin browser on my android device.
Chrome and Opera would not work for me.

Photobucket resamples the image as a png but you get the idea.
608x480 and 640x480

Ayumi01_zps206c4728.png
Yeah, Firefox/Chrome/lolIE didn't work for me, and I don't have a mobile device to use for browsing. Damn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?