Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Launch Trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Aug 18, 2016.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will launch on August 23rd for PC, PS4 & Xbox One.

:arrow:Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Official Site

2. marksteele

marksteele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2011
    Canada
    I'm so torn about pre-ordering this. On the one hand it's the same people that did human revolution and aside from the issues with the bosses (later fixed) it was a fantastic game. On the other hand, I've been burned a few too many times on pre-orders to feel totally comfortable with them.

3. darcangel

darcangel Lovely Troll

Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    What is the first rule of the fight club?

1- Never pre-order

Last edited by darcangel, Aug 19, 2016
    Bladexdsl and Silverthorn like this.
  4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    I've personally decided to never pre-order or buy a game Day One anymore. Dodged quite a few bullets so far with Fallout 4 and No Man's Sky for example.
    I'll probably buy it since I loved Human Revolution, but I'll first read the reviews.

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I don't pre-order games just so that I don't feed the shitty pre-order machine, but I'm positive the game will kick all sorts of ass.

Xzi likes this.
  6. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I never buy my games at full price. I always either pirate them or buy them on Steam sale.

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    This isn't really the best place to ask, but then again, it's about as valid a place to discuss that as it is to discuss the merits of pre-ordering, so here I go: is this the type of game franchise where I need experience with the previous entries to fully enjoy the game? From what I saw on Wikipedia this will be the fifth game in the series but I haven't touched any of the other ones.

8. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Not giving a shit is always key.

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    always here...
    Same, I would like to know too.

9. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    By default id recommend playing the other Deus Ex games before hand, but if I'm being honest I'd say (assuming it's gonna b good) you'd have the most fun playing it on a clean slate testing the waters as you go.

10. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    I'd say just play Human Revolution and skip the first two games honestly. There's a big time gap (7 years) between the release of the first 2 games and Human Revolution, which was a bit of a soft reboot. The events to this one are a sequel to HR, so you should understand almost everything if you've played it.
    Also 1 and 2 are great, but well, they've gotten old...

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    That's the reason why I ask. Unfortunately it's difficult for me to just start playing old games that I've never played before. I've grown too accustomed to refined graphics and gameplay. But yeah, I was thinking of playing Human Revolution first, and skipping the previous entries. Glad to see I can, thanks.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  12. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I'd play Human Revolution first for sure. Great game and Mankind Divided looks to be even better.
    I am really looking forward to the 23rd!

13. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    For this particular game, not necessarily, as the devs felt it necessary to include a 12 minute recap video that basically explains everything that happens in Human Revolution, and Mankind Divided doesn't rely on any heavy plot points from Human Revolution save one which is explained various times.

The first 2 are actually set in the future from Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, so it's not necessary to play those to understand this one. I'd recommend playing Human Revolution anyways (make sure you get the directors cut), just because it's an all around good game and you would get to know Adam Jensen better.

You can check out the spoiler-free review, which is out now :) http://gbatemp.net/review/deus-ex-mankind-divided.496/

Jiehfeng likes this.
  14. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Yes! I have been waiting for this!

15. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I pre-order when I can get it cheap and I know the developer's recent track record. I did pre-order this one and I feel the worst that could happen is it releases without the best optimization. I honestly kind of doubt that will happen, either, since Human Revolution was fantastic on PC. Looking forward to this one and it's already receiving killer reviews.

16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    just waiting for the USN upload :creep: