Deleting vWii cIOSes?

leejaclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a question. I was having issues with getting one particular Wii game to run from a backup, and at first I thought it was the cIOS base being incompatible, so I installed 2 others. It turned out that it was a problem with the drive, which was fixed after reformatting it. I now want to delete these other cIOSes since it's unlikely I'll ever use them, but I'm not sure how to delete them, aside from using vWii Decaffeinator in Light Mode (which I'd prefer not to do), since Decaffeinator's advanced options don't allow for deleting cIOSes for some reason. I guess it's not really a huge issue to have 2 unused cIOSes, but it bugs me a little bit.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think to solve your solution, you can delete the CIOS with any file deleter (use latest good version AnyTitleDeleterDB 1.1 under VWII), then reinstall them with d2x-cios-installer
Anyway, this "can" be dangerous because it's always dangerous to manipulate cios despite the cios you must have installed were not system cios.
On my side, I was always wondering if you could supress system channel from the VWII mode that aren't suppose to serve like wiiboutique, transfertwii or the manual channel, but never had the courage to try out.

Attachments

• AnyTitleDeleterDB 1.1.zip
    161.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: leejaclane

leejaclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if there's risks, I suppose I can just leave the cIOSes alone. It's not like they're hurting anything by having 2 extras. Although if I did brick my vWii, it's easy enough to fix it regardless thanks to having Wii U homebrew that can do it. Thanks for the answer, much appreciated.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just that bad cios can make your wii games not load or work properly, or some program not to function.
only if you tell it to use the bad cios. most apps allow you to change the cios, or rather most apps that use it. homebrew typically uses ios58 iirc, so it's very rare to come across something like this.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
btw, even if it's a bad cios install, you can just overwrite it.
Yes and No.....I've come to 2 times that overwriting didn't fix the pb, but deleteting the tile and reinstalling was working perfect after, so I recommend to do it, even if there is a slight little risk of nothing.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and No.....I've come to 2 times that overwriting didn't fix the pb, but deleteting the tile and reinstalling was working perfect after, so I recommend to do it, even if there is a slight little risk of nothing.
I don't know how you can say that, because cios don't even really exist. it shouldn't harm the system to leave them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...