Defrag SD2Vita?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Anyone done this?

Reason why I ask is that I noticed GTA VC had some random stuttering that it didn't have before and it seemed a lot like the kind you get when in need of a defrag. Routinely copy and then delete files as I don't use an immensely sized card and was wondering if anyone has tried this before and if so did it work? Is it even possible with YAMT?

Reactions: godreborn

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Defragging flash storage does nothing but ruin read/write cycles on that flash storage, don't bother doing it unless you want to lower the life span of your storage device.

Defragging is only useful on HDDs where reading/writing is done mechanically on a physical disk, as making data sequential means less seek time for the data so you get quicker access.

Flash storage can already "instantly" access any blocks that are available as storage (as it doesn't need to spin up and find where each block of data is), and as such defragging will do nothing but re-write data that can already be accessed quickly and then shorten the life span of your flash storage.

Not sure what you could do to fix the stuttering, but defragging definitely won't help.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks, I thought that might be the case but read a thread on here about someone with a 3DS doing it and getting much smoother results.

Wonder why its happening though as every other title is cool except VC? Slight amounts of stutter that were not there previously as it was silky smooth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j