Gaming Dead Space Achievements Question

• Thread starter JustTheOtherGuy
  • Start date
  • Views 928
  • Replies 5
J

JustTheOtherGuy

To get it off the table: No I am not an achievement hunter or someone emotionally attached to trophies and achievements and other unlocks
BUT...
I got Dead Space in the Humble EA bundle last summer and activated in my steam library. I finally started playing it some months ago, but got bored. Decided to finish it this week and just did(The game was not too bad imho). I realized that there are not any achievements or checkpoints to show that I've finished the game or found some of the secrets, and was left wondering why this is, since I know there are on console

tl;dr Why are there no achievements in Dead Space for PC

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Because the devs didn't bother to implement steamworks in the game. But this is the case with most of the EA/Ubisoft titles. They don't have any achievements, at least there's none I know about.
But some of the games from EA have achievements on Origin and some games from Ubisoft have achievements on Uplay, and for games that don't have on neither clients than the devs didn't bother implementing them, that's all.

tl;dr No steamworks, no achievements.

J

JustTheOtherGuy

I suspected as much. I just got a bit upset when I realized that I have no proof or reminder that I finished the game, since the story was pretty forgettable and I dont plan on replaying. Whatever...thanks for the answer

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
next to the play button, steam show you how many hours you've played, which can be a good indicator that you have played through the game.

If you want to segregate the games you played from the games you haven't played yet, you can create a category

J

JustTheOtherGuy

Its not too big a deal(just being a bit OCD), but thanks for the tips

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users