CycloDS Evolution Review

crab-scratch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nice review!

Im going to buy one soon. My passcard 3 recently broke so i can't use my m3 perfect minisd anymore. i went to a modchip-store to flash it but the mean-ass owner wanted to charge 50€!!! thats the same price he sells m3 simply for. so i read some reviews here and liked the cyclo best. don't understand why everybody complains because of the price. costs 50€ at german divineo (and i always thought divineo was kind of expensive). maybe cyclo was more expensive when it came out? anyway i'm getting one. hopefully ds browser will work with cyclo and m3 minisd!

QazzaQY2K

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just orderd me 3 CycloDS Micro ;D wondering if there's any special MicroSD card i should get.. any reason i should get a faster card or something ? other then faster transfer speeds to the card itself .. right now i got a patched DS FAT with SuperCARD SD

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review with the new beta firmware, it's even better than ever...
I just got mine a few weeks ago. A nice upgrade from the DS-X. Big surprise, the team actually talks to their customers in a friendly manner. And updates actually occur. What a difference!

+!

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
it means the CylcoDS evo works with a firmware.
There is an onboard memory chip which needs to be flashed (written) when you want to update it.
Of course, the CycloDS evo operating system handles the firmware updates itself, but if you happen to accidentally turn off your DS while updating your firmware, it would probably brick (destroy) the cart.

edit: what monkey01 said below is true too
biggrin.gif

Sorry Costello
wub.gif
this is wrong ( une fois n'est pas coutume ^^ )

QUOTEOriginally Posted by Evolution ( cycloDS team )
CycloDS Evolution contains two seperate flash chips to achieve the ultimate safeguard against bricking. One flash chip contains the bootloader which is READ-ONLY and can never be modified. This chip also contains the recovery mode. The second flash chip contains the actual OS, which is that part that is updated for each new firmware release. If something goes wrong during the update then the contents of the OS flash chip may be invalid, however because the bootloader flash chip is unchanged you can simply re-launch the update application via the recovery mode and try again

In short: its not possible to brick your EVO either through a failed update or through malware.

zzr666

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I try to update my NDS with new 1.9 firmware for CycloDS.

Nevertheless, update has blocked at the middle. Then, now, it's impossible to update it even if I delete firmware file and replace it by a new one on the micro SD.

Could you tell me how is it possible to solve the situation ?

Thank you for your support.

nds.gif

Gods69

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I try to update my NDS with new 1.9 firmware for CycloDS.

Nevertheless, update has blocked at the middle. Then, now, it's impossible to update it even if I delete firmware file and replace it by a new one on the micro SD.

Could you tell me how is it possible to solve the situation ?

Press START+SELECT when you "boot" to CycloDS. This goes to recovery mode...

NiNtEnDo_FaN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still a newb at all this stuff and I want to know how to get media files working for the r4.
frown.gif

I've tried mp3, mp4 but they don't work ! Please could someone tell me something which works !
Also this is about the CylcoDS, how big micro sd cards does it hold? I know the R4 supports micro sd cards up to 4gb so what about the CycloDS? What multimedia files does the CycloDS support ??

benchma®k

Trophies
XP
Country
oh no!!!!
frown.gif

Is there really a black cyclo available!?

I ordered one yesterday and didnt specify a colour. Hope i dont get the 'orrible lookin white one. Still.... no bother, the review was excellent and i think ive made the right choice with this cart. Im not too worried about the graphical glitches, i dont see the reason for the enhanced in-game menu unless you want to cheat or use a real time save. Neither of which i want to do so... all in all im happy
biggrin.gif

I'll be gettin the cart in a few days, i'll let you know if the cart lives up to the review.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh no!!!!
frown.gif

Is there really a black cyclo available!?

I ordered one yesterday and didnt specify a colour. Hope i dont get the 'orrible lookin white one. Still.... no bother, the review was excellent and i think ive made the right choice with this cart. Im not too worried about the graphical glitches, i dont see the reason for the enhanced in-game menu unless you want to cheat or use a real time save. Neither of which i want to do so... all in all im happy
biggrin.gif

I'll be gettin the cart in a few days, i'll let you know if the cart lives up to the review.

First off, the white one isn't horribly ugly.
dry.gif

Secondly, you need the in-game menu if you want to adjust the LCD brightness setting, slow motion, or to reset to the Evolution menu. You won't ever notice the graphical glitches...

Also, this review was from back in June. The cart is amazing, and is the best NDS flashcart out there. It will live up to this review.

benchma®k

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome.

Thats just the kind of news i was wanting to hear
wink.gif
I didnt realize the cart had been out so long though! If its still being praised now then it cant be bad.

Cheers for the info euphemism
grog.gif

DarkDreemer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does anybody know, what is the biggest microSDHC size which is compatible with the CycloDS Revolution?

It is compatible with microSDHC cards up to 32 GB but I haven't seen any that size.
Holly s... 32GB. When will it come to reality?!?!... Anyway, where did you read it? Or do you tested is with memcards?
So if i buy a 8GB sandisk microSDHC, there will be no problem. Or could you advise a card?

Well.. now i've found the info. Sorry for questioning!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5