Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 bugs - what's up with that?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've played Cyberpunk for a few hours at this point, after hearing lots of drama about bugs I've tried to see if I can find any but really I haven't had many problems at all. A few issues with clipping or some odd animations, but other than that I haven't found anything comparable to what I've seen other people facing.

I've been playing on PC, and have been able to run the game at ultra settings with 60 fps fine. I did notice a lot of pop-in and some graphical glitches on my old 1050 ti GPU but since upgrading to a 1660 ti I haven't noticed anything. Maybe this is just a problem with low-end hardware and consoles?

Anyway, that's just been my experience. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had the same time.

Last edited by Seliph,

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been playing on PC
There's your answer.

I don't have the game myself but from my understanding the console versions, especially the last gen versions are horribly unoptimised and are prone to low frame rates, blurry visuals and crashes.

They tried to squeeze a next gen title onto ancient hardware with little to zero optimisation aside from dropping the render resolution.

Reactions: Deleted User

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's your answer.

I don't have the game myself but from my understanding the console versions, especially the last gen versions are horribly unoptimised and are prone to low frame rates, blurry visuals and crashes.

They tried to squeeze a next gen title onto ancient hardware with little to zero optimisation aside from dropping the render resolution.
There is no last gen version because PS5 and XSX are running this game via backward compability.

Just this game is unoptimized to run on last gen - it expects SSD and better CPU to at least have playable performance.
But bugs are tremendous. And they admitted they didn't spend as much resources on consoles as on PC, they were focused mostly on PC.

Reactions: shaunj66
D

Deleted User

I really don't care about this game. It's not my type of game but I understand the rage of gamers. But I also understand the developers of the game. They faced pressure from both sides. They got death threats from people because they delayed the game so many times and now the same people saying that they rushed with the release and they should've been waiting couple more months before releasing it. What a hypocrites. And from the other side they face the pressure from cd projket themselves. They wanted to release the game on holiday to get a cash grab.

Last edited by ,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If only they had made the decision a few years ago to make it PC/PS5/XSX exclusive.. there would've been a big backlash by PS4/Xbox owners but at least they would've kept their reputation intact by delivering a better game. I hear the top level execs are pretty nasty so it's not surprising they went for the biggest sales instead.

Reactions: shaunj66

Griffin36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even CDPR wouldn't deny this fact that the game has many bugs which are making a lot of problems for its players, especially those who are playing the game on PlayStation or Xbox. Having said that, it is also true that CDPR has done a great job so far in getting rid of these bugs with multiple hotfixes and major patch already released. These hotfixes and major patch have made a significant different in the performance of the game but there is a lot more work needs to be done for CDPR to make it a perfect running game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: