• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So apparently the issue reported by Garcia98 was also present in the PSP version. It just wasn't notciable enough since the psp doesn't use a touchscreen, but it was somewhat easy to fix. This however needs more work. That's why you haven't been seeing any commits lately, and I'm also busy preparing the final release for the PSP. Once I get the issue sorted out, I'll continue committing to this project.
Also I'm kinda low on money right now, so I don't think I'll be able to get a 3DS right away once I'm in university. So hopefully by February I should have one, and after that I'm gonna need about another month before I start publishing alpha builds. Compared to the PSP version, this is soo far behind. This video pretty much sums up how far behind the 3DS version is at:

I really hope I can get things running just the way it is on the PSP, or maybe even better with the touch screen ;)

It will be usefull to autoboot emunand with this?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Touchscreen looks like it will provide significant navigation advantages over the PSP version... It'll almost be like a laptop trackpad which actually work suprisingly well with Android

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be usefull to autoboot emunand with this?

Why would it be useful to boot emuNAND with? All it is is basically a replacement for the HBL/Home Menu... I mean you could set it up so menuhax autoboots CFW and then the CFW also has menuhax set up so it autoboots into this...

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why would it be useful to boot emuNAND with? All it is is basically a replacement for the HBL/Home Menu... I mean you could set it up so menuhax autoboots CFW and then the CFW also has menuhax set up so it autoboots into this...
This shell is basically a homebrew as grindlauncher and sunshell, you can autoboot grindlauncher or sunshell via coldboot, but you cannot autoboot those in emunand, those boots in sysnand.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up. I released the final build for the PSP version about 2 weeks ago. Here's a video previewing most (if not all) of its features, so that you can get an idea of what to expect on your 3DS. That is if I hopefully get to port all the features. Excluding the PSP exclusive features of course.

PS. I have saved up enough money to purchase a 3DS. I'll do that once I move into my university's dorms, which is just a few days away. Can't really give a release date ATM, but I'll try to aim for an alpha release sometime in the early days of March maybe?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up. I released the final build for the PSP version about 2 weeks ago. Here's a video previewing most (if not all) of its features, so that you can get an idea of what to expect on your 3DS. That is if I hopefully get to port all the features. Excluding the PSP exclusive features of course.

PS. I have saved up enough money to purchase a 3DS. I'll do that once I move into my university's dorms, which is just a few days away. Can't really give a release date ATM, but I'll try to aim for an alpha release sometime in the early days of March maybe?

I'm all for it, it looks beautiful on PSP and would look (and work) even better on 3ds :)

It would be REALLY cool to have some 3d built in (like the app drawer popping out a little bit)

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Damn dude, that with Menuhax-CTRBootManager will work wonderfull, good job!

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to say this but I'm going to have to either discontinue this project for the 3DS or let someone else take over. I should have at least uploaded an alpha build by now, but I've been way too busy with university. Also, I no longer have the money to purchase the device due to school misc. costs. I don't know how long I'll take to do this, but the least I can do for now is clean things up and have it ready for someone to take over, or simply discontinue the project. Sorry guys I just don't have enough motivation or interest anymore. The source is still up on my github so if anyone wants to take over, feel free to do so. With the latest release of CyanogenPSP 6.0 last year, I have ironed out most if not all issues. So porting this over to 3DS shouldn't give you any bugs either as long as you're doing it correctly on your side.

CyanogenPSP source code: https://github.com/joel16/CyanogenPSP
Cyanogen3DS source code: https://github.com/joel16/Cyanogen3DS

Let me know what you guys would prefer - I can clean things up and include more comments to make sure its developer friendly (if you want I can compile and provide the build but I'm afraid it won't do anything apart from basic menu navigating stuff), or just let it die.

GoodCookie88

rekt em skrubs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to say this but I'm going to have to either discontinue this project for the 3DS or let someone else take over. I should have at least uploaded an alpha build by now, but I've been way too busy with university. Also, I no longer have the money to purchase the device due to school misc. costs. I don't know how long I'll take to do this, but the least I can do for now is clean things up and have it ready for someone to take over, or simply discontinue the project. Sorry guys I just don't have enough motivation or interest anymore. The source is still up on my github so if anyone wants to take over, feel free to do so. With the latest release of CyanogenPSP 6.0 last year, I have ironed out most if not all issues. So porting this over to 3DS shouldn't give you any bugs either as long as you're doing it correctly on your side.

Let me know what you guys would prefer - I can clean things up and include more comments to make sure its developer friendly (if you want I can compile and provide the build but I'm afraid it won't do anything apart from basic menu navigating stuff), or just let it die.
Its sad that you can´t continue with this.... but i guess we understand :/

btw great work!

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

I'm someone has the guts and the time to complete this awesome interface... I would be the guy to do it but, I have no coding knowledge besides 3 months of javascript and command line... which I'm slowly forgetting everyday...

Stecker8

Plug
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country

I have two questions:

1.Can you post a prebuild?
2. Can i build the source?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions:

1.Can you post a prebuild?
2. Can i build the source?

1. There hasn't been any public releases for a reason. Mainly because it doesn't do anything as of yet apart from basic menu navigation stuff. If I did post such a build I feel like I'll get many negative responses, but right now since I'm thinking of discontinuing, I'll try to get one up sometime soon (maybe this weekend or next week).

2. Yes you should be able to build the source from my github unless there has been significant changesmade to ctrulib or sf2dlib.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imho I think hbmenu for ninjhax looks pretty crappy and doesn't even have folders. It would be nice if a more feature laden and modern alternative would pop up.

And cearp, this could always launch straight from the ninjhax bootloader as boot.3dsx so you wouldn't be going menu to menu.
still nothing looks as crappy as android
i'd rather see something more like imenu for dstwo

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually shocked that some of you are complaining about this dev working on 3ds systems to give it a different look. So much for asking more dev's to work in the 3ds scene....

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Alright the latest commit should fix any issues with compiling.
Just know that you'll need to have sf2dlib and sftdlib installed first. I'll try to clean up on the coding and include more comments sometime soon, but that's all I'm willing to do for now.
Can you post a precompiled version?
I dont understand how to install sd2dib and sftdlib and it keeps saying there files are non existent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1