AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
8 New Games now available in download folder Booter v1.0.1 works with all DML versions

List:
Chibi-Robo! - UGGT
Crash Nitro Kart - UGCN
Crazy Taxi - UGCT
Cubivore SOTF - UGCV
Custom Robo BR - UGXC
Geist - UGIT
P.N.03 - UGPN
Skies of Arcadia Legends - UGEA
Folder Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ub3xhbr8c24c4

Also GX-Banners-NGC-Logo-pack2 list:
Chibi-Robo! - GGT
Crash Nitro Kart - GCN
Crazy Taxi - GCT
Cubivore SOTF - GCV
Custom Robo BR - GXC
Geist - GIT
P.N.03 - GPN
Skies of Arcadia Legends - GEA
Pack2 File Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?f33wujadh4d5tt6
Folder Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x3r64ovxfwml3

Screenshots:
4d389913e5659fa2d4225261a9488953.jpg

042512_1730_gcx51.jpg
042512_1730_gcx52.jpg
042512_1730_gcx53.jpg
042512_1730_gcx54.jpg
042512_1730_gcx55.jpg
042512_1730_gcx56.jpg
042512_1730_gcx57.jpg
042512_1730_gcx58.jpg

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what's the problem with imagethe.net servers but it seems that it's down or suspended (sounds familiar)
I'll update and reupload the images soon

Try imageshack, its pretty good, i use it all the time and never had a image down so far that i know of

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's the problem with imagethe.net servers but it seems that it's down or suspended (sounds familiar)
I'll update and reupload the images soon

Try imageshack, its pretty good, i use it all the time and never had a image down so far that i know of
i use tinypic.. they are good to. still have things from when i first started doing pics, also mediafire. is a good place to keep things.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AT:
Are you creating your banners in 4:3 aspect ratio? Do they look correct in your TV?
On my 16:9 TV, they look stretched. I wonder how the Wii handles normal banners because they never look out of proportion if the Wii is set to an aspect ratio that matches your TV.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I play the Wii through my PC Video IN Avermedia DVBS card using D-Scaler,
PC is connected to TV via HDMI, aspect ratio is controlled easily using dscaler and all NTSC and pal signals are displayed correctly.

Normal channels usually have many tpls or images with separate settings for 4:3 and 16:9.
I don't know if I can make 1 image that can look fine in both displays.
Maybe diddy81 will kindly help us here cause I'm pretty sure he knows many workarounds for this problem.

Reactions: WiiFreasko

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal channels usually have many tpls or images with separate settings for 4:3 and 16:9.
I don't know if I can make 1 image that can look fine in both displays.
Maybe diddy81 will kindly help us here cause I'm pretty sure he knows many workarounds for this problem.
I see, that explains how the official channels do it.

Maybe you can try to change your wii display setting to 4:3 and see if this helps.
No, actually my TV is 16:9. If it looks fine on yours (assuming your is also 16:9), there is no reason why it would not on mine too. If I were to set my Wii to 4:3 to fix this, then everything would look stretched. Everything else currently shows at the correct aspect ratio, except the custom banners, which is why I'm guessing you made them in a 4:3 aspect ratio. If it is a design choice, then that's fine, of course. I was just curious as to why you made them this way.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can try to change your wii display setting to 4:3 and see if this helps.
One more on this. Using GX, open the banner you created for Eternal Darkness. Notice how the moon in the middle of the screen looks like an egg, rather than being spherical. This is the stretching effect I am talking about.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
all brlyt files are made in 4:3 then use the widescreen affect tag to stretch the image to 16:9
but most banners use more than just the one static image so its less noticeable or only tag certain parts of the banner

personally i have my tv set to 16:9 but my wii set to 4:3 and everything looks fine

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make the BG in a compromised manner. (not too wide and not too short to look "ok" in all settings) but this is a compromise and circles will never look round in "both" settings
;)
I understand. The screenshots in your first post are in 4:3 format, so everything looks fine there but for most people they will look wide, since most people have 16:9 TV's these days (I assume).
By the way, I love i that we can now have the GCN logo sound play on the most recent GX mod15.

Edit:
I just realized that you are compromising the BG in the wrong direction. Even in the 4:3 front page screenshot, the moon looks a little wide on Eternal Darkness. Ideally, since you are starting out with 4:3 images, you should squish them horizontally a bit so that they look a little skinny in 4:3 mode and a little fat in 16:9; that would be a compromise. Right now, they look a little fat in 4:3 and very fat in 16:9.
Would you be willing to send me all of your source BG images so that I may crop them into a 16:9 window? Maybe with your help, we could create 16:9 versions of all the channels to have it available for download, too. If you are interested, I would also need your cropped images, to that I can cut out a frame that covers the same area of the picture you selected for your banners, without having to look at the banners in the Wii.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I can put all those images in a zip file and send u the link in a pm.
Just need to find all of them first :P

Maybe a better idea will be a selective redo just for the ones that look very stretched
Thanks. This will be a slow process, as I haven't been able to find much free time lately, but maybe we'll do one first as a proof of concept and then slowly rebuild the rest. How about you just send me the original image you used for ED, plus the cropped image you ended up putting in the banner?
I want to shift the burden away from you, since I'm the only that seems to be interested in the 16:9 images.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
here it is (the one used in the channel)
276vt.jpg
And here how it looks in 16:9 (800x450 size)
2cz7hb8.jpg
And in this last one I enlarged paper size just to make it the right proportion 16:9
eternaldarkness8wide.png
you notice lots of black areas were added to fix it

So to make it look perfect in 16:9 image size should be in the 800x450 (aspect ratiowise)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer