Hacking Custom GC Channel/Banner Collection for System Menu/Backup Loaders

What are you using currently?

• Total voters

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in response to the quadforce talk with themanual, I have neek2o and nand on usb. if I put this nand on sd how does the neek2o channel or bootmii ios know which one to launch? sneek2o on sd or neek2o on usb?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
in response to the quadforce talk with themanual, I have neek2o and nand on usb. if I put this nand on sd how does the neek2o channel or bootmii ios know which one to launch? sneek2o on sd or neek2o on usb?
bootmii ios launches nand via armboot.bin file in "bootmii" folder (this can be used for sneek, uneek, bootmii, or any app such as usbl-GX)
while neek2o channel uses nandcfg.bin file to know which nand to start (this can be changed and saved in di menu)
I have posted channels long time ago that uses one or the other method so that you can launch sneek and uneek simultaneously.
Let me know if u need more info
Regards :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I made this today, thought you might be interested :)
http://gbatemp.net/topic/333219-wiiflow-mod-and-emunand/

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Here's Resident Evil Code Veronica X custom sound channel/banner: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?841qu8wmdbt17fq
I made 2 versions A & B
I'll place one on each server
Thanks @seam for version A soundtrack :)
Banners on fileden for USBL-GX internal download, check my sig for alternate server :)

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@Cyan
@Fix94 if you're planning to work on banner download feature later.

I was testing Dropbox features and found out that "public folder" can be used as a direct link for files,
It's fast and reliable so I uploaded all the custom banner to this URL: "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/101209384/"

I have no idea what's the bandwidth allowed for public folder downloads but I think it may be unlimited

if you prefer this over fileden you can add it as default URL in GX 1202+

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Looks like the 5 GB monthly limit has been reached for the default CustomBannersURL
You can use the 2 alternate URLs in my sig. I recommend dropbox server.
Hopefully this unlimited server will become the default URL later when GX gets updated.
:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dropbox is really unlimited?
Well, if fileden has a limit of "only" 5GB per month, I'll change it to anything else with a bigger bandwidth limit, so let's try dropbox.

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just editing the GlobalGX.cfg is enough ;)
The URL is in the setting

Compiling a new revision will not work as it will use the previous URL already stored in the settings.
Users will have to delete their .cfg or edit the URL manually anyway.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
just editing the GlobalGX.cfg is enough ;)
The URL is in the setting

Compiling a new revision will not work as it will use the previous URL already stored in the settings.
Users will have to delete their .cfg or edit the URL manually anyway.
I figured out that while testing.
Only difference is that when no URL is present in the cfg file, GX will create dropbox URL.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
They are ready :)
Custom sound pack v4

DM-Booter v30 autoboot channels: http://www.mediafire.../?432mdvmi8dkr4

Resident Evil 2 - UGHA
Resident Evil 3 - UGLE
Spider-Man 2 - UGK2
Super Monkey Ball - UGMB
Turok Evolution - UGTK
Viewtiful Joe 2 - UG2V

Banners and Wiiflow pack4 : http://www.mediafire.com/?pcr754yx5d7o6n6
All sound packs folder: http://www.mediafire.../?t6938wc8j3psz

Resident Evil 2 - GHA
Resident Evil 3 - GLE
Spider-Man 2 - GK2
Super Monkey Ball - GMB
Turok Evolution - GTK
Viewtiful Joe 2 - G2V

for USBLGX 1202+ files are available on all servers for internal download, first server will be working again today :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Since people asked about quadforce and sneek2o I added a 3rd method to run the Mario Kart GP games: This tutorial was also added to first page Post #8
Tutorial 3c: How to run Quadforce games from sneek2o nand using the DI menu

1.Setup the games as before make sure you have the games in games folder on both USB and SD (though you can delete game.iso from usb to save disk space the "sys" folder is what matters here)
2a.Install Sneek2o rev 82+ (I tested using rev 84 but any will do the trick) using Modmii and copy "Sneek" folder to your SD card root
2b.copy 0000008.app file to "nands\pl_eu\title\00000001\00000100\content" folder replace original file (BC v6 has to be installed first if folder is absent)
or rename this file to "quadforce.bin" and copy it to \SD\Sneek folder
3.Launch sneek2o via bootmii ios or neek2o channel and press "1" after the system menu appears
4.Press + to see the list of games you have (you might need to recreate cache for that press + again to show more options)
5.the Mario GP games will appear as "sample game name" unless you use custom titles
(to do so add the following entries to titles.txt and copy it to SD\Sneek folder:
GGPE01 = Mario Kart GP
GGPE02 = Mario Kart GP 2
you can get titles.txt from any backup loader or manager)
6.After selecting the game launch it from the disc channel

Tutorial 3d: How to run Quadforce games from uneek2o nand

1.Setup the games as before make sure you have the games in games folder on SD
2a.Install Uneek2o rev 82+ using Modmii (Uneek or Uneek + DI)
2b.copy 0000008.app file to "nands\pl_eu\title\00000001\00000100\content" folder replace original file (BC v6 has to be installed first if folder is absent)
also make a copy of this 00000008.app file and rename it to "quadforce.bin" and copy it to "USB:\Sneek" folder
3.install mario kart GP channels on your Uneek nand
4.Launch Uneek and run the channel

Thank You
Abz

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question... More of a request, regarding the banners for Dios-Mios because I don't use the channels but I always use banners in USB-Loader GX, I was wondering can anyone create/link to the GC original bios screen as a banner for GC games? I would very much love to be able to see that screen every time I run a GC games from USB-Loader for nostalgia purposes, would be nice if also the screen showed the game logo either during the bios screen or when the animation is finished but if that's not possible I'd just go for the original GC bios screen if possible!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I have a question... More of a request, regarding the banners for Dios-Mios because I don't use the channels but I always use banners in USB-Loader GX, I was wondering can anyone create/link to the GC original bios screen as a banner for GC games? I would very much love to be able to see that screen every time I run a GC games from USB-Loader for nostalgia purposes, would be nice if also the screen showed the game logo either during the bios screen or when the animation is finished but if that's not possible I'd just go for the original GC bios screen if possible!
the original GC banner was posted earlier, I also made a tutorial on how to replace a banner or switch banners among channels.
TC

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@[member='seam']
looks like we CAN launch Mario GP using wiiflow:
use tutorial 3d since you have a Uneek nand already and neek2o 93+: http://gbatemp.net/topic/325003-custom-gc-channelbanner-collection-for-system-menubackup-loaders/page__view__findpost__p__4385567
Open Wiiflow in real mode and go to channel mode select mario GP channel and laiunch it in Neek2o mode, if this fails exit to neek2o mode and launch it from there (works like a charm here :))
Tip: you can go to \wiiflow\cache) and copy+rename ggpe01.wfc and ggpe02.wfc to ugp1.wfc and ugp2.wfc in order to make the covers display fine along with the banners that are already there

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='seam']
looks like we CAN launch Mario GP using wiiflow:
use tutorial 3d since you have a Uneek nand already and neek2o 93+: http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4385567
Open Wiiflow in real mode and go to channel mode select mario GP channel and laiunch it in Neek2o mode, if this fails exit to neek2o mode and launch it from there (works like a charm here :))
Tip: you can go to \wiiflow\cache) and copy+rename ggpe01.wfc and ggpe02.wfc to ugp1.wfc and ugp2.wfc in order to make the covers display fine along with the banners that are already there

uh.... i told you several times...i never had a problem running mariokart gp 1-2 from within wiiflow with neek2o.... the PROBLEM is that the audio doesnt work.... thanks though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The ones you are hallucinating, or...?