da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Here's my new idea in a clearer way:

*-Currently DML-Booter launches a GC game via autoboot channel or dol using game id
*-Neekbooter launches a channel on neek2o nand

Combine the two and you'll get "Neek2o Channels-Booter", lets you select the channel id4 to autoboot & creates a dol that can be used as is or as channel from real nand.

Benefits:
1. Ability to create real nand SM forwarders for favorite wiiware on neek2o nand, problematic wiiware like castlevania rebirth, rubik's, swords and soldiers, target toss can now run properly and no need to launch neek2o channel or Postloader to run them
2. Ability to run DML channels on neek2o (i.e. dml games from emunand) using forwarder channels from real nand (useful when mios other than dml is used on real nand)
3. Best implementation will be to launch triforce/quadforce channels on neek2o nand via real nand forwarder channels (handy when dml is on real nand, quadforce is on neek2o nand so no need to switch mios anymore)
4. other advantages that I'm not aware of yet.

@stfour & @Fix94 what do you think about this?
:)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just updated to r22:

-fixed games in fst format didnt copy from usb to sd
-added delete games
-added booting games from disc
-added exclusive ntsc-j patch, if enabled games which normally
doesnt work with pal and ntsc-u consoles should work, also works
with games booted from disc
WARNING: also the memory card will be treated as ntsc-j one, so
be careful that the game doesn't format it, I'm not responsible
for any damage you may get
-changed menu controls

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
DM-Booter Channels updated to r22 + homebrew folder as well

Light DM logo: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pb5rjryx25tfeu9
Light NGC Logo: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vak6ss0ourc9wms
Dark: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?01894llc774lv0s
Homebrew app folder: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ta6woy5x2lelaah

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just tested R22 and I have 2 comments:
1. Delete option should be presents via settings not on main screen to prevent unfortunate events :)
2. Warnings, error messages should be added and displayed when no free space is available on SD during a copy from usb process

Thanks Fix, the app is getting better and better with every update :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesnt even begins to copy a game if no space is left, so that cant happen ;) Also a warning on delete is there, I'm sure people read it :P

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Yes I know I did the testing, when no space is available and you order a copy nothing happens! instead we should get a message (would be nicer - no big deal though) and about the delete I was referring to people with kids eager to press buttons randomly such as my little hero :) - It would be more safe if delete is not part of main screen ;)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Tutorial: How to run Quadforce or DML games from sneek2o nand

* I made this tutorial because I didn't want to replace my Mios each time I want to play Mario Kart GP games.
* The best setup here is to install DML1.x on real nand and to install quadforce (000000008.app) to sneek2o nand this way you can run both simultaneously without reinstalling the Mios wad.

Setup:
1. Use ModMii to create a Sneek nand (not all rev work so make sure you select rev80 sneek without the +DI)
2. Copy the modified 00000008.app file from quadforce.rar to SD\nands\pl_eu\title\00000001\00000100\content folder ( if this folder is not there use showmiiwads to install a clean BC6.wad to create the folder) replace the old smaller file when prompted.
3. install one of my DM-Booter channels rev22 to the sneek2o nand (not the forwarder channel)
You can also install the Mario Kart GP 1 and 2 channels but they won't autoboot.
4. copy Mario kart gp games in discex format to both SD\Games and USB\Games folders after setting up fixing the ID as explained in the Mario GP post.
5. Run your sneek2o via channel or bootmii-ios and start either the DM-Booter or the Mario GP channel
6. You'll get the DM-Booter interface with empty list
7. Change the device to USB (press +) if you get empty list you probably have wrong sneek version or sneek+di so make sure to follow setup step 1
8. Select the Mario Kart Game: at the end of the list - the display name might be: "Sample Game Name (ISO)"
9. Play with gamecube controller, No Disc is required

You can use the same steps to run DML games too by copying 00000008.app from dml google code

Future bug fixes:
A. Allow the games to run without having them on both SD and USB
B. Make the games appear in DM-Booter SD list (I donno if the problem is related to DM-Booter or to sneek2o or both)
C. when A &/or B are fixed autoboot channels should work fine from sneek2o

Edit: To save some space you can delete the ISO file from USB:/Games/GameID/ folder and jut keep the USB:/Games/GameID/sys folder containing the boot.bin file

Thanks overjoy for the tip :)

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For now you won't need the whole game on your usb device. The file boot.bin in the sys folder on usb should be enough for neek2o to recognize the game.

When I've some time I will code up something for neek2o to solve these issues

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: