ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

ViperClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't run BootNTR. Just Enable the Plugin Loader from Rosalina Menu("IF" Your using the Luma Plugin Loader from the OP Post or Github) before launching the game.
Or follow the Full Guide I just posted above Days ago.

That's the guide I followed when I attempted the installation using Luma Plugin Loader and I'm not running BootNTR at all. I checked if I had any other .plg files anywhere on my SD card just in case something was messing it up and that is the only one there.

I've used the files from GitHub when I was following that guide and followed every step stated.

The Plugin Loader is booting up as already enabled on Rosalina however if I disable and then enable it again I get the whole green flash thing happen at that point which I'm not sure if it's meant to happen?
The plugin works fine using the loader as long as I use the "sd:/luma/plugins/<Title ID of the game folder>/" but that is a bit of a hassle as means having to create new folders and mess around with the files which is why I'm hoping to get the "sd:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/" to work.

Maxmeas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Any chances the pluginloader will be merged in the official luma repository, or the plugin loader will be compatible withe the official luma builds anytime soon?

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
@Nanquitas
just a question here, i dont know if its related here since it not the CTRPF blank plug-in , but im using the luma plugin enabler which is also part of the CTRPF blank project.

i have an old CTRPF plugin, specifically plugin for pokemon ORAS, which is not compatible to luma plugin enabler (crashes), but if you remember, you teach me how to make it work on luma plugin loader by editing a certain value using hexeditor
  • Open the plugin in a hexeditor
  • Go to offset 0x88
  • You should have those bytes: FF 5F BD E8
  • Try to edit them into:FF 9F BD E8
its working now, enabling the currently available cheats.

but my problem exist in searching a certain value, when i use the search function, the plug in tried to search values but all the result was 00000000 values, when i tried to edit them, my 3ds crashes.

i dont know if its working on the official CTRPF blank plug in or the newer CTRPF plugin like pokemon USUM plugin since i havent tested yet.

anyone experienced the same problem? any help? thanks...

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Nanquitas
just a question here, i dont know if its related here since it not the CTRPF blank plug-in , but im using the luma plugin enabler which is also part of the CTRPF blank project.

i have an old CTRPF plugin, specifically plugin for pokemon ORAS, which is not compatible to luma plugin enabler (crashes), but if you remember, you teach me how to make it work on luma plugin loader by editing a certain value using hexeditor
  • Open the plugin in a hexeditor
  • Go to offset 0x88
  • You should have those bytes: FF 5F BD E8
  • Try to edit them into:FF 9F BD E8
its working now, enabling the currently available cheats.

but my problem exist in searching a certain value, when i use the search function, the plug in tried to search values but all the result was 00000000 values, when i tried to edit them, my 3ds crashes.

i dont know if its working on the official CTRPF blank plug in or the newer CTRPF plugin like pokemon USUM plugin since i havent tested yet.

anyone experienced the same problem? any help? thanks...
It's because old versions aren't compatible with Luma's path, so you have to create the folder in NTR's path (sd:/plugin/<tid>/) for it to work (it can't create the file without).

Reactions: noctis90210

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting a Prefetch exception error if i try to load a mode 3 Game on my O2DS (UM) both AR cheats and Analogman's plugin causes this error any fixes

Update: just checked update for UM (1.1) is installed
Update 2 fixed updated boot.firm with one in OP+ removed Analog's plugin using AR text file now but two problems when loader is off I get an error when doing wifi doubles (single battles work fine) think it's a bug in your boot.firm file also how do you edit the AR cheats for like wormholes and such?

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How do you change your luma3ds from modded to original and then change it back to modded?
By renaming your boot.firm from the root of your SD Card (There's a lot of tools to do that).

For me if I want to use the modded Luma, I just rename my Normal Luma's boot.firm into boot.firm.bak then paste the modded Luma's boot.firm into the root of my SD Card. And if I wanna use the Normal Luma, I just rename the modded Luma's boot.firm into boot.firm.bk then rename my normal Luma's boot.firm.bak into boot.firm from the root of my SD Card.
And you have to reboot your console to apply the changes.

Last edited by Vermil,
Reactions: yamato05

yamato05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Also another question can you both have the specific plugin in sd:/luma/plugins/<Title ID of the game folder>/ and the generic one sd:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/
will there be any errors if I put both of them?

Vermil

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If there's a plugin on: sd:/luma/plugins/<Title ID of the game folder>/
Then it won't load(ignore) the Plugin from: sd:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/
And there will be no errors in that way(except if your using the wrong plugin)

Reactions: yamato05

yamato05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If there's a plugin on: sd:/luma/plugins/<Title ID of the game folder>/
Then it won't load(ignore) the Plugin from: sd:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/
And there will be no errors in that way(except if your using the wrong plugin)

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Vermil

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you change your luma3ds from modded to original and then change it back to modded?
Have the real luma 9.0 at the root of your sd called boot.firm, and take the action replay fork of luma and call it something like Action Replay.firm and place it into SD:/luma/payloads and when you want to use cheats, hold start on boot to enter the chainloader, and select action replay.firm

Reactions: yamato05 and Vermil

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the real luma 9.0 at the root of your sd called boot.firm, and take the action replay fork of luma and call it something like Action Replay.firm and place it into SD:/luma/payloads and when you want to use cheats, hold start on boot to enter the chainloader, and select action replay.firm
Link to this action replay fork of Luma3DS plez?

yamato05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
with the generic ActionReplay plugin do you still need to add a txt file for the cheat? or will it create the txt file when you add a code?

for example I'm playing bravely default without cheats then I wanted to use cheats will the generic ActionReplay plugin make the txt file of the codes I add?

Vermil

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
with the generic ActionReplay plugin do you still need to add a txt file for the cheat? or will it create the txt file when you add a code?

for example I'm playing bravely default without cheats then I wanted to use cheats will the generic ActionReplay plugin make the txt file of the codes I add?
Yes it will create a <Title ID of the game>.txt located on SD:/cheats/

Last edited by Vermil,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you disable it for the o3DS, because I tried disabling it in the Rosalina menu and that didn't work? I'd hate to have to move the folder every time I want to enable/disable it...

EDIT: I see it's just Mode3 games. I knew it was autoenabled, but I guess you can't force disable it. Oh well, moving the folder it is...

Last edited by Wrathalos,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you disable it for the o3DS, because I tried disabling it in the Rosalina menu and that didn't work? I'd hate to have to move the folder every time I want to enable/disable it...

EDIT: I see it's just Mode3 games. I knew it was autoenabled, but I guess you can't force disable it. Oh well, moving the folder it is...

Reactions: Wrathalos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto