ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under my sd:/luma, I have payloads, plugins folders and under plugins I have ActionReplay folder and under that I have the Actionreplay.plg file. Not sure what else.
When you go into the Rosalina menu does it say Luma v8.1.1?
I believe the luma firm attached to the first page of this post should be 9.0, place it on the root of your sd again if it doesn't say 9.0 in luma settings

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can do a system update to 11.6 or you can download the update cia files and update to 11.4, thats what i did

I'm going to do a system update. Thanks.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder whats going on with that, did you re install the game?

Thanks all. working now.

Edit:
Now My 3DS crashes all the time.

Last edited by kublai,
Reactions: wicksand420

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks all. working now.

Edit:
Now My 3DS crashes all the time.
What do you mean it crashes all the time? like when you load a game? if it crashes with an arm11 error, hold select when you power on, and in the luma config menu disable the arm 11 exception handler, see if that fixes your problem.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to "Enable Plugin Loader" in the Rosalina Menu. Press L+Down+Select to bring it up before you run a game. If that doesnt work the way you have your folders set up is probably the culprit. You can just have "plugins/ActionReplay/ActionReplay.plg" which will work for all games and is much more convenient. Also means you can run separate plugins from this fork of Luma, normal Luma and NTR.
*The right location should be SD:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/ActionReplay.plg
Thanks, you two. It seems I had it set up as SD:/plugins/whatever when it's supposed to be SD:/luma/plugins/whatever.
I was having some problems with the game freezing on the loading screen after relocating the files to the right place, but then I realized that the plugin I was mainly attempting to test with probably isn't a CTPRF plugin, which meant the plugin loader would not work on it. Loaded up Ultra Moon and the game loads and cheat menu appears just fine.

Apple-Tap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So a couple of things from me. I too have installed Luma with plugin loader from the OP and I'm not getting Luma 9.0. When I go into Rosalina menu I'm getting ver. 8.1.1. I've only ever had luma 9.0 on my 3ds so it's definitely the change from the OP. Also, Homebrew seems a bit more buggy on this fw (I'm less bothered his though), an example Picodrive seems to be crashing a lot more than now.

I've tested out the CTRPluginFramework and there seems to be a limit on the amount of Codes you can place in one file. I've tried to add in some Wild Pokemon Modifier for Ultra Sun, and it seems to flash green on startup and load correctly. However, once I go into my save file it flashes orange twice and the plugin fails to work. I have gotten it to work with less codes placed in the text file. I have attached the file if anyone smarter than me can investigate?

Attachments

• 00040000001B5000.txt
    104 KB · Views: 308

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So a couple of things from me. I too have installed Luma with plugin loader from the OP and I'm not getting Luma 9.0. When I go into Rosalina menu I'm getting ver. 8.1.1. I've only ever had luma 9.0 on my 3ds so it's definitely the change from the OP. Also, Homebrew seems a bit more buggy on this fw (I'm less bothered his though), an example Picodrive seems to be crashing a lot more than now.

I've tested out the CTRPluginFramework and there seems to be a limit on the amount of Codes you can place in one file. I've tried to add in some Wild Pokemon Modifier for Ultra Sun, and it seems to flash green on startup and load correctly. However, once I go into my save file it flashes orange twice and the plugin fails to work. I have gotten it to work with less codes placed in the text file. I have attached the file if anyone smarter than me can investigate?
I'm using the one from the OP and it also shows as 8.1.1 but I'm not too worried about that.
When loading homebrew did you try turning the plugin loader off first using the Rosalina menu?

Apple-Tap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using the one from the OP and it also shows as 8.1.1 but I'm not too worried about that.
When loading homebrew did you try turning the plugin loader off first using the Rosalina menu?

Yeah, I never have the plugin loader on when launching homebrew, they're run through the Homebrew Launcher from 3DSX files. I mean I'm not too bothered by it for now as I know it's a POC, but thought I should report it.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Just have a problem using cheat search function...
im playing pokemon omega ruby, im using the old ctrpf plugin by mega-mew, i edited a certain value on the plg file to make it wok on luma plug in loader...
its working like activation of cheats.
the only thing that is not working is the cheat search function, when i search, almost all the values that are found is 00000000 and when i tried to edit the value it throws an errror and rebots my 3ds automatically... any solution? thanks...

ViperClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble getting the plugin to work when attempting to use the "ActionReplay" method to make it work for all games without individual TID folders.
I can get it to work if I create the individual TID folders in the plugins folder however when trying with "ActionReplay" folder and name the file as "ActionReplay.plg" it just won't load at all.

I've tried reinstalling using fresh redownloaded files from github and still the same issue occurs if doing "ActionReplay.plg" but not if I do individual TID's.

I'm using a N3DS XL with latest cfw,
Any suggestions on a fix for this issue?

Last edited by ViperClaw,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a detailed tutorial on how to install this? I can't figure out what to do with all these files.
Place your .txt codes inside SD:/cheats and make sure they are just a cheat txt with the title id of your game, for instance, story of seasons tot should be SD:/cheats/000400000019F500.txt like that, now inside SD:/luma/plugins have a folder called ActionReplay and have the action replay plugin inside like this SD:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/ActionReplay.plg and lastly take the boot.firm from the luma 9.0 fork and place it in the root of your sd like SD:/boot.firm

That should do it, go to your game and you should get a green flash

on the top screen it will say plugin loaded at the bottom right corner of the screen, when inside the game, press select and click on action replay, a list of your codes will be there

Last edited by wicksand420,

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place your .txt codes inside SD:/cheats and make sure they are just a cheat txt with the title id of your game, for instance, story of seasons tot should be SD:/cheats/000400000019F500.txt like that, now inside SD:/luma/plugins have a folder called ActionReplay and have the action replay plugin inside like this SD:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/ActionReplay.plg and lastly take the boot.firm from the luma 9.0 fork and place it in the root of your sd like SD:/boot.firm

That should do it, go to your game and you should get a green flash

on the top screen it will say plugin loaded at the bottom right corner of the screen, when inside the game, press select and click on action replay, a list of your codes will be there

I followed all the instructions, but I'm not getting the green flash. The game just runs without doing anything extra.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead