Hacking cso on adrenaline question.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hey guys, i have quite a few isos in my vita , and couple of them are about 1.3-1.6 gb , thought of converting them to CSO format.

will they work just as fine as iso ? it is only compression, so all is okay with that right?

and one more thing, which compression level is the best in general.

thank you!

edit: just now read in a psp thread (an old one , was posted in 2012) and some people complained about lag/long loading time issues.
is this also going to affect vita with adrenaline?
because if so, then i will just keep my psp games in iso format.

games i would convert e.g Tactics ogre, valkyria chronicles 3 etc.
these are abit big in size.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
is umdgen better than the isocompressor program?
cso is pretty universal format, umdgen at least guarentees that your cso WILL be readable by PSP. Plus, purpose of CSO is to save space, and UMDgen provides additional tools for this, like it can trim padding data and remove firmware update portition.

Reactions: Panzer_Baboon

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
cso is pretty universal format, umdgen at least guarentees that your cso WILL be readable by PSP. Plus, purpose of CSO is to save space, and UMDgen provides additional tools for this, like it can trim padding data and remove firmware update portition.
alright, so which options should i pick to shrink the large iso files somewhat but not make the cso lag/etc.?

Umdgen 4.00 is the current and best program. It’ll rip dummy files and you can get in the iso to remove languages to shrink the iso.
cool, let me know which are the best options to shrink the isos but have the converted cso still be stable and so on, thanks.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
alright, so which options should i pick to shrink the large iso files somewhat but not make the cso lag/etc.?
iether delete files inside manually, if you know what you doing, or use 'optimize' button in the second tab. Then choose iso when saving results. But it works best when combined with cso compression.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh, its 3rd tab, not 2nd

Attachments

• Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Oh, its 3rd tab, not 2nd
thanks man, i just now converted (jeanne darc) which is over 1.3gb in size.

i did not use the optimize thing though, that only trims the update folder by abit.

i just simply clicked on the save icon and saved it as compressed cso level9 comp.
and it trimmed it down to around 730mb.

i will do this with the rest of my iso games, because it seems i have 0 issues with the cso of jeanne darc.
plays just as it played as a iso file!

thank you.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the optimize feature. The amount of space trimmed differs from game to game. There isn’t any other option to shrink a game. Just start opening all the folders. You’ll usually find eu, us, jp, it folders. Those are the different languages. You can safely delete whichever you won’t be using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: