ROM Hack CSEQ, CBNK, and CWAR conversion?

JohnTravolski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I extracted the files from my Omega Ruby game and found all of the BCSTMs. Nice and dandy, I can convert those using Export Loop VB (which is awesome btw) and play them with Foobar with that VGMStream plugin. Now, I found some "sango_sound.bcsar" file among the BCSTMs as well. I found some BCSAR Unpacker and used it to unpack the files to find a bunch of other files that I know nothing about! I've done research to no avail at this point, so I need your help.

The files that I got out of this BCSAR are all in either CSEQ, CBNK, and CWAR format; I know nothing about any of these! I know that BRSAR files can be opened by BrawlBox, though, and that I could export most of the sound effects in those BRSAR files as .wav files; is there anything similar that can be done with BCSAR files? Or do I have to find some way to convert all 4139 of these individually? Any advice would be greatly appreciated because researching these file formats leads me absolutely nowhere.

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing useful in ORAS regarding sequences. I put up my source for generating SF2Comp templates files from BCSARs on my Github. It's tedious, and I wanna get soundfonts compiling automatically before saying this thing is finished.

Reactions: I pwned U!

JohnTravolski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, alright. I was hoping to find the Poke's cries or the battle move sound effects somewhere in there. Well, I'm glad to know that somebody is working on this. Keep up the good work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...