‘Crysis Remastered Trilogy’ announced for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

crysis.JPG

After releasing Crysis Remastered, Crytek is back with Crysis Remastered Trilogy. The developer announced today that the collection will feature the single-player remasters of Crysis, Crysis 2 and Crysis 3. As with Crysis Remastered, this new trilogy has also been optimized in partnership with Saber Interactive.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy
will launch on PS4 , Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC this sometime this fall and with have improved performance on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. In addition, the remasters of Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 will also be made available individually.

:arrow: SOURCE

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one said its the same damn version lol you said it

switch version is one thing
ps4/xb1 version is another
and the ps3/xbox360 version were another

incase you didnt know the xbox360/ps3 version even runned on a diferent engine than crysis on pc

Also if you see comparison videos you see the ps4 and xbox one evrsions are also locked at 30 and drops frames like hell same as switch one. Acording to digital foundry the xbox one versions of the game are nearly unplayable tbh.heck they say the performace mode is the worse since it goes from 30s to 50s all the time.

just see the video and this guy are tech experts and they know their shit

Is the switch the best looking version? no
is the switch the ps3/xbox360 version? no
is the switch the ps4/xboxone version? no
is the switch as playable as ps4? yes(heck see the video and see those framedrops even on ps4 pro/xbox one X)

Like they said the switch is its own version made in separate, but the switch actualy runs on the same engine that ps4/xbox one version do and share the odd frame paccing of 31 fps for some reason.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

crysys now on docked update 1.6 is 720-900p and has alot of framerate improvements and so on.

You cant even read what you say, then come up with crap.

I stated, did i not that the, switch version is a beefed up version of the ps3/360, which was a dumbed down port of what.

You even admitted the same, the switch version has been proven to be off the original pc.

Not the remaster.

Which is exactly what i said before you try come to the rescue and defend nintendont.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol stop being such a twat it's a waste of energy.

Anyway, a portable Crysis trilogy sounds like a cool thing to me... IF the entire thing comes on the cartridge and isn't one of those stupid pseudo physical releases where you have to download most of the game.

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just enjoy these games as they are fairly well made, unlike a certain cyberpunk game that keeps on crashing on me

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I stated, did i not that the, switch version is a beefed up version of the ps3/360, which was a dumbed down port of what.

You even admitted the same, the switch version has been proven to be off the original pc.

Not the remaster.

Which is exactly what i said before you try come to the rescue and defend nintendont.
but the switch version is the same as remastered version... same engine same codding, they just left the settings on minimum to run but its still the remastered version.

eriosuly its the same exact engine they even have the same exact issues and bugs... if switch was running a totaly diferent version the bugs wouldnt be the same...

the diference is switch uses the textures from pc version compressed to save filesize and the ps4/xb1 use new textures altogether really and new light engine (with ray tracing and whatnot)

same way on a pc if you toogle down all settings and then maximum on the other pc its still the same game but very diferent looking.

the switch is for sure running the same version and same codding as ps4/xb1, ofcourse they have more recources and 4k textures made fresh and so on.

Last edited by pedro702,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but the switch version is the same as remastered version... same engine same codding, they just left the settings on minimum to run but its still the remastered version.

eriosuly its the same exact engine they even have the same exact issues and bugs... if switch was running a totaly diferent version the bugs wouldnt be the same...

the diference is switch uses the textures from pc version compressed to save filesize and the ps4/xb1 use new textures altogether really and new light engine (with ray tracing and whatnot)

same way on a pc if you toogle down all settings and then maximum on the other pc its still the same game but very diferent looking.

the switch is for sure running the same version and same codding as ps4/xb1, ofcourse they have more recources and 4k textures made fresh and so on.

So still, again what i said, yes its running cry engine, never said about the engine.

Said its beefed up ps3/360 port, same game, pc textures rather than ps4 textures.

So the chances are that the next two are going to be the same.

Its not the remaster version at all if it looks shit in comparison.

Thats what was said from the go, your switch version is just beefed up off the old version, regardless what cryengine is used, the switch version is not the remaster, its just called remastered.

I have the original on my laptop and even it looks better than the switch, god ps3 does in parts.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So still, again what i said, yes its running cry engine, never said about the engine.

Said its beefed up ps3/360 port, same game, pc textures rather than ps4 textures.

So the chances are that the next two are going to be the same.

Its not the remaster version at all if it looks shit in comparison.

Thats what was said from the go, your switch version is just beefed up off the old version, regardless what cryengine is used, the switch version is not the remaster, its just called remastered.

I have the original on my laptop and even it looks better than the switch, god ps3 does in parts.
acording to digital foundry the switch does look better than ps4 version in parts too lol if your gonna go that way.

Also the switch version has better shadows and light engine than the original, and lets not forget the original only looked good if you had a tol of the line pc back then lol, if you had a medium pc you were seeing the game way worse than on switch lol.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acording to digital foundry the switch does look better than ps4 version in parts too lol if your gonna go that way.

Also the switch version has better shadows and light engine than the original, and lets not forget the original only looked good if you had a tol of the line pc back then lol, if you had a medium pc you were seeing the game way worse than on switch lol.
Wheres that where they claim switch looks better, its textures are crap, shadows are low resolution.

Ive played both intro side by side and sorry switch version doesnt have better lighting, even on models, switch looks like it has less.

But hey ho bored discussing it now, the next two will be same old, its whats expected when it comes to nintendont.

Maybe theyll get the actual remaster when they release better hardware, maybe their next console will be subpar hardware to ps4/xbx1 and youll get all these better third party support they yet again promised to improve on, and again lacked..... yet again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wheres that where they claim switch looks better, its textures are crap, shadows are low resolution.

Ive played both intro side by side and sorry switch version doesnt have better lighting, even on models, switch looks like it has less.

But hey ho bored discussing it now, the next two will be same old, its whats expected when it comes to nintendont.

Maybe theyll get the actual remaster when they release better hardware, maybe their next console will be subpar hardware to ps4/xbx1 and youll get all these better third party support they yet again promised to improve on, and again lacked..... yet again.
if you watch digital foundry comparison video several times he says he like sthe switch version better on some areas because they went with diferent art style and made it worse, also he says on the end that the xbox one versions are basicaly umplayable and he recomends ps4 or switch over xbox one versions where every coupe of minutes your screen stutters playing that and framerate goes from 25 to 31 all the time.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
and OMFG and what was the sodding PS£/360 version based on, it was a dumbed down version off this pc version.,

exactly what I have been saying, tho its not that "pc" version, you can clearly tell.

do yourself a favor and bloody play them and see yourself, hell theres even plenty of videos online comparing the two.

do the research, compare the versions, see the difference.

you may need to remove your nintendo fan goggles to see and believe this.

the switch version is not the remaster version that the PC/PS4/XBX1 received, look at the videos and stfu.

this trilogy will not be the same "remaster", it will be the last gens beefed up again.

but hey ho, one thing i know is you cant tell a nintendo fanboy anything that makes nintendont sound bad, simply impossible for them.

you believe its the same version, rest of us know its not, enjoy your days.

maybe you should do your research before you are accusing others of not doing theirs.

If the game is running on the same engine and share the same code base as the other remasters then it’s not running the old PS3/Xbox360 like you claimed.

The Switch version was heavily modified and of course they had to sacrifice some visual quality in order to get the game to run at a playable speed. But just because you think it looks like the PS3/Xbox360 version doesn’t mean that it is.

I am by no means saying this because I’m a Nintendo fanboy, I own PS4 Pro, PSP, PSVita, I’m waiting for my ordered PS5, I have a relatively beefy gaming PC, I also have a Switch a Wii U and a 3DS.

I’m a tech geek and as such taking sides and limiting myself to one brand doesn’t work for me…

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country

Not the remaster.

wow, you sir are absolutely wrong.

what is it that you don’t understand? The Switch version is sharing its Engine and code base with the other remasters. That means it has nothing to do with the PS3/360 ports..

No one here is trying to defend Nintendo. Yes it’s the ugliest version out of all the “remasters”.
It’s probably the least enjoyable one.

But for Christ sake don’t sit here and make things up just because you don’t like Nintendo.
That’s why I’m reacting..

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's. Good game but i never replay games like once I play a game I consume it and it's rare that I play it again. Raise your standards gamers, don't make devs rich with ports, never buy ports, make them make new games. Vote for me

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's. Good game but i never replay games like once I play a game I consume it and it's rare that I play it again. Raise your standards gamers, don't make devs rich with ports, never buy ports, make them make new games. Vote for me
Are you really the fit girl or did you just steal the pic?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, you sir are absolutely wrong.

what is it that you don’t understand? The Switch version is sharing its Engine and code base with the other remasters. That means it has nothing to do with the PS3/360 ports..

No one here is trying to defend Nintendo. Yes it’s the ugliest version out of all the “remasters”.
It’s probably the least enjoyable one.

But for Christ sake don’t sit here and make things up just because you don’t like Nintendo.
That’s why I’m reacting..
wow and comes another, yes the engine is the same, doesnt mean its assets are the same, as already said above its proven its using the old PC textures.

so like said, its a beefed up ps3/360 version, as these were dumbed down versions off the OLD pc game.

so no, i am not wrong, you just cant accept the fact its been said and you dont like it, hence your quote to say i am wrong.

maybe you should do your research before you are accusing others of not doing theirs.

If the game is running on the same engine and share the same code base as the other remasters then it’s not running the old PS3/Xbox360 like you claimed.

The Switch version was heavily modified and of course they had to sacrifice some visual quality in order to get the game to run at a playable speed. But just because you think it looks like the PS3/Xbox360 version doesn’t mean that it is.

I am by no means saying this because I’m a Nintendo fanboy, I own PS4 Pro, PSP, PSVita, I’m waiting for my ordered PS5, I have a relatively beefy gaming PC, I also have a Switch a Wii U and a 3DS.

I’m a tech geek and as such taking sides and limiting myself to one brand doesn’t work for me…
highlight where ive said same engine, i swear idiots on here cant even read whats said, then seem to go off on a tantrum about something you never said.

its even been said this uses the OLD pc textures, my point to PS3/360 again did you read the words BEEFED UP!!! meaning slightly better than, which this is exactly that, you can clearly see this in all the video comparisons.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
wow and comes another, yes the engine is the same, doesnt mean its assets are the same, as already said above its proven its using the old PC textures.

so like said, its a beefed up ps3/360 version, as these were dumbed down versions off the OLD pc game.

so no, i am not wrong, you just cant accept the fact its been said and you dont like it, hence your quote to say i am wrong.

highlight where ive said same engine, i swear idiots on here cant even read whats said, then seem to go off on a tantrum about something you never said.

its even been said this uses the OLD pc textures, my point to PS3/360 again did you read the words BEEFED UP!!! meaning slightly better than, which this is exactly that, you can clearly see this in all the video comparisons.

I can read what you write just fine, although what you write is mostly bullshit.

Even if the textures are pulled from the original PC version (and please provide the source for that) that does not make it a “beefed” up PS3/360 version…

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can read what you write just fine, although what you write is mostly bullshit.

Even if the textures are pulled from the original PC version (and please provide the source for that) that does not make it a “beefed” up PS3/360 version…

Ignore him, he's full of shit lol. He can't even cite the sources of his claims :lol:

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Proof has been given already from another user who stated same, switch version is based on the old lc textures..
Learn to read

Ignore him, he's full of shit lol. He can't even cite the sources of his claims :lol:
Source are there, i dont need to provide them to you blind deluded fanboys, even tho the facts are there with a simple google, you refuse because you cant accept negative things for your beloved nintendont.

This game and its others are not the remaster version end of, its the ps3/360 version beefed up.

Care to effing look at comparisona, at points ps3 version dumbed down of the original pc version, looks better than the switch.

You think your getting a remaster in the switch, like fuck you are, your getting yet again a weak diluted version, but paying the same price, in fact more because shitendo use expensive carts, so your forced the cost to store the game download on your sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, today is the 25th anniversary of the 1st episode of spongebob