"Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster" gets a confirmed release date of February 28th, 2024

Back in August, Nightdive Studio surprised players with a slew of new announcements for upcoming remasters of beloved titles like Turok 3 and Star Wars: Dark Forces. When the announcements were made, the release date was unknown, as the official reveal trailer didn't show off any date or possible time frame for its release.

That has since changed, as Nightdive Studio just announced through their social media accounts the confirmed release date for the title, with the date set for February 28th, 2024.

The game can now be wishlisted on Steam, although the price for it hasn't been revealed yet.
"Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster" will be released for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.

:arrow: Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster on Steam

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Holy damn. I played it like crazy on my PS1 back in the day. The story is just so good, the real Death Star plans plot, Jabba the Hutt making an appearance, Boba Fett, the real Dark Troopers story... Back when they wanted to give us good and well developed stories, not the shit you see today here and there.

Just wished they made a remake, because I remember this being one of the very, very few games that make you kinda dizzy after half hour. (I am a seasoned player, but this one always got me like that in about an hour, don't know if its just me tho)

It is a good story. Makes more sense than all the new shit. So that alone makes it a good contender for some hours of your time.

Reactions: Garcimak

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
This release looks lame compared to what Night dive usually put out.

It doesn't even have perspective correction. When looking up and down it still "shears" and has that distorted effect. The open source 'Force Engine' looks so much better than this. Tons more features.

I think this is the ND B team working on this.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this even comes CLOSE to what TFE can do, they can take all of my money. This was one of the first PC games I ever played. Nostalgia is through the roof.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This on the PS1 was one of the only games to make me physically nauseous to play for too long. This and Descent on PC. And only 1 of those seems justifiable.

asdfzxc920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On top of the already-mentioned perspective issues, the "HD" textures look suspiciously like AI upscales, and they appear to have made some major gameplay changes (I guess the dragon punchout, one of the most memorable scenes in the entire game, was deemed too hardcore for Modern Audiences™).

Just use The Force Engine and forget all about this "remaster".

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i thought the kex engine was supposed to be super powerful, this does look kinda lame

the animations in the cutscenes looks even more low budget than the original and sorta gives me PETA/cereal box budget trash vibes

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Does this mean they're acknowledging it as canon? Does that mean Kyle Katarn is real again? Would love to see a Jedi Knight series remaster or remake.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you have a PC, I believe going with The Force Engine is really the way to go. With the Remaster, seeing Darth Vader bounce up and down in that cut-scene is disgusting.

you can turn the bouncing off in the settings, i always did that even on ps1, no head boobing or whatever it was called.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto