ranmaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check out this picture:

cracks.jpg

The crack at the lever was actually there when I got hit here. The other one has come up when putting in and taking out the card. My god, didnt know the quality was that bad...Or is it just me?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's the MK4-Mini with the crack, not the MK4-Key. Crack or no crack, it's still a universal NoPass, and works quite well at what it does.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
But the MK4-Key has the switch too, doesn't it, so it's likely to crack too. Personally I don't need the switch at all.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't need the switch either, as forcing the NDS-mode boot is only useful if you have compatible NeoFlash products .. and if you do, you need help.

biggrin.gif

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Mk4-Key is cracked too.

The plastic is very thin around the switch so it doesn't really surprise me.

Seeing as I only use GBA mode, I have put a layer of sello-tape over the top to stop the switch catching on things.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigh. I wish they had put the switch on the side, or had no switch at all, as at least then it wouldn't look bad when plugged into the DS. Maybe I'll get an EZPass3 instead...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh. I wish they had put the switch on the side, or had no switch at all, as at least then it wouldn't look bad when plugged into the DS. Maybe I'll get an EZPass3 instead...

You simply cannot be serious.

Do you even own an MK4-Mini? You would only notice the switch if you got right up and put your face up to the NDS slot. As it's the same size as a normal NDS card, it's slightly recessed into the body, and therefore you don't see it.

Honest to goodness, that probably takes the cake for worst complaint about DS flashkit hardware, ever. No offense intended towards you directly, but I can't believe someone even said that.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't actually own one, but from the pics the switch looked quite prominent, and I thought it would be even worse if it broke and I had to selotape it (as scrawl had to). If the switch is recessed then that's not so bad.

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The switch doesn't stick out of the DS-Lite but it does catch on my carry-case because it has elastic sides. The sello-tape simply helps it slide smoothly.

The cracking is caused by pushing down on the center of the Mk4. The top plastic is very thin and if you take off the stickers, you'll notice it isn't a solid piece of plastic. The Neo team has cut holes in the case to allow room for the switch and components. To avoid it cracking, push down on the top left and right edges when inserting/removing. Those areas should be stronger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...