Hacking Cracked DS Lite!!

samzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
err a crack is developing my ndsl right under the the R button.. not on the hinge
frown.gif
grrr.. anyone knows if nintendo will exchange my ndsl free of charge...

sucks tho i'll have to buy a new hori screen protector if they exchange it.

Serpentide

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi dudes !

I bought my first DS 2 hours ago, a DS Lite. Now I have found a green dead pixel right in the middle of the top screen. Is this a reason to change my DS for a new one or is there any minimum amount of dead pixels for an exchange ? I am very upset about this, my first DS - a bad one.
frown.gif

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi dudes !

I bought my first DS 2 hours ago, a DS Lite. Now I have found a green dead pixel right in the middle of the top screen. Is this a reason to change my DS for a new one or is there any minimum amount of dead pixels for an exchange ? I am very upset about this, my first DS - a bad one.
frown.gif

Just change it!

One dead pixel means that this particular product is not good.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think Nintendo said they'd exchange all DSes with pixel faults. You should probably phone them and find out if that's true in Germany, too.
err a crack is developing my ndsl right under the the R button.. not on the hinge
frown.gif

Legaly they probably have to exchange it, don't they?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo said they'd exchange all DSes with pixel faults. You should probably phone them and find out if that's true in Germany, too.
frown.gif

Legaly they probably have to exchange it, don't they?
Yes, if it really bugs you.

Since it's still under warantee, Nintendo repairs it for free, and they even send you a thing for free shipping.
...in the US at least.

tw8e60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The crack on my DSL is very similar to Heinrisch.
Do U guys know if the crack right under the the R button.. not on the hinge one will develop eventually as a result of the left one?
I hope it dosent......
For me is bit dificult to exchange.....

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's also a gamble keeping it, we have seen that it can cause more cracks in the long term with the whole top screen breaking off in the end.
Well if this happens you can always decide to send it in before the warranty is up. I think if the hinge crack doesn't get worse after a year or so, it's not going to get worse. I also am not sure that the hinge crack causes the R button crack, that seemed to be due to the LED holes in the plastic.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
I don't think I could send mine back anyway, becuase 1) It's flashed, and 2) It was won in a competition, not bought from a shop.

I'm tempted to maybe drop a very small amount of super glue into the crack to prevent it from worsening, can anyone confirm if this would be a good/bad idea please?

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think I could send mine back anyway, becuase 1) It's flashed, and 2) It was won in a competition, not bought from a shop.

I'm tempted to maybe drop a very small amount of super glue into the crack to prevent it from worsening, can anyone confirm if this would be a good/bad idea please?
1. You just need to run noflashme
2. As long as it is a product from nintendo it should have a one year warrenty

I would not put glue in the crack becase obviously those parts are moving.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't wade through all this thread but, I just bought a new NDSL and noticed something that I thought might be relevant to the cracking hinges (it may have been mentioned before)...

The new DSL I bought is white like my other one and if you compare the GBA dust covers, the new ones is WAY stronger plastic. The old one flexes while the new one doesn't. The new one also has the code "F2-3" printed on the inside opening of the dust cover and the old one (that flexes) has the code "F1-1".

The new DSL feels sturdier and has a distinct "click" when you open it to the first stop. My old DSL doesn't click when opened.

I haven't had iether DSL's crack, but it seems obvious to me that different plastics are being used in their production.

RockingDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally happened to my White. Bought on launch day it's never been opened to the full 2 clicks, just cracked from the first click. My girlfriend's that I bought the same day crack a month or so ago but she opened hers all the way.

dirtycarrot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine finally cracked last week. I took it in to Nintendo head office in melbourne on Tuesday, the "team leader" of the service tech's told me blah blah within 10 days you will get a call and we will deem whether or not it was your fault or not - he said he had never heard anything about nintendo replacing DS Lite's due to cracked hinges, OR that it is a widespread problem in the first place. Makes me very angry...

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Tell him that Nintendo of America has promised to replace cracked hinges. Also remind him that IGN has made an official thing about it "Is your DS Lite sick?" google that and you will find it. If he doesn't help you, contact people above him. It is 100% sure that it's their fault.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
My DS has got quite a bit worse, so I'm tempted to install the stealth flashme and send it back becuase I don't want the thing to become unusable. If it was just an aesthetic thing I wouldn't mind, but if it starts losing functionality then I'll obviously need to sort it ASAP.

Does anyone know the procedure for this in the UK? I never actually bought mine from a shop, it was won in a competition and I purchased it from a guy from the DS Mania forums, it clearly states this on the box too; will this cause me any problems?

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! I take VERY good care of my DS Lite (white American edition). I'm also 36 years old so I am not a careless child (speaking of little tikes that should not have electronics - no offense anyone) & I noticed today that my left hinge finally cracked.

I know a lot of you probably take care of your DS but I am an OCD, meticulous freak about things & babied mine & it still cracked. So know we know that they most likely will all crack sooner or later.

I now need to read up in this thread on how to unflash, package & get this POS returned & repaired! Shame Nintendo! Shame! The Wii better redeem your careless mistakes! LOL!!!

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think they just used weak plastic. The japanese ones were fine (as far as I know.) Then there is the issue of a shitty d-pad, poor manufacturing I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative