Canada

edit:
hate2.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless youre gonna tell us that it happened spontaneously when you weren't even touching it, what's the big f'in deal? It's plastic. It can break. The question is, HOW DID IT BREAK?

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look like a "crack" to me. It looks as if the two pieces of plastic are coming apart where they are joined together. Maybe there is a screw coming loose, mine has a line there but no gap. Maybe they just became loose did you try and open it too far or something?

litesaber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't look like a "crack" to me. It looks as if the two pieces of plastic are coming apart where they are joined together. Maybe there is a screw coming loose, mine has a line there but no gap. Maybe they just became loose did you try and open it too far or something?

dude its a crack in a solid piece.
i didnt notice it until later, so i dont know how it happened. this has to be from normal usage because i've never dropped it.

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it does look like a crack, and if you never dropped it, i guess the best thing you can do is send it to warranty, or try to get it replaced where you bought it.
The dslite looks like it's in very good shape, so i think that it was a manufacture defect and not abusive use... i'd be mad if that happened to me

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, now that I look more closely I see what your talking about. Maybe you can take it back. I guess this is one downside to making things smaller they tend to be more fragile. But they shouldn't break under normal use. That's just a manufactures defect or poor assembly. How long have you had it? I've had mine since the Japanese release and mine is fine. You may have just gotten a lemon.

MunkeeMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Poop. I just looked at mine to see if there is a join there, but all I found was a crack...and on the same side as you!
mad.gif
However, mine is barely visible at this point.

I guess it's a bit of a design flaw. How long a warranty does this have with Nintendo? How long is a typical store warranty for direct exchange?

litesaber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That happened to me too. I was like wtf. Htf could that happen. Mine looks exactly like yours.

Poop. I just looked at mine to see if there is a join there, but all I found was a crack...and on the same side as you!Â
mad.gif
 However, mine is barely visible at this point.

I guess it's a bit of a design flaw. How long a warranty does this have with Nintendo? How long is a typical store warranty for direct exchange?

seems like it just didn't happen to mine.
unsure.gif

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brick it with a flashme and take it back to the store for a replacement, I did it to mine last week because the screen was badly scratched, and they swapped it in store there and then.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
ARRRGH!! why did you torture your DSL?! nooo! don't!! i must flee! what if you do it to my DS?!

.... blah... how smart are you? you don't throw your beloved DS around... although i'm surprised that it was damaged at all.. well a scratch or two was expected.. but still... if it was a... good old big fat bricklike orginal Gameboy it would survive a million of those "attacks" ;P or a gba, i've dropped my orginal gba hundreds of times and it's almost looks like it was new...

nintendo is known to build systems that wont brake the first year you own them... the NES is unbreakable (at least the controllers) i don't know howmany times i've been using a NES controller as a shield or a weapon while fighting my (evil - sarcasm, but it sounded better ;P) brother ;P

or my friend dropped his friends gamecube from about 8 meters and it just got a few scratches... another friend was fighting all the time with his brother and they always threw N64 stuff on each other... games controllers and it wouldn't surprise me it they threw the entire console in a attempt to get the other one to stop the other one to steal just a minute or two of their madeup playtime ;P

are the story of "unbreakable" nintendo consoles about to fade away?
let's hope it doesn't..

MunkeeMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I definately didn't throw mine around (even though the OP was joking about his). And I would have to say that I only use it about 2-3 times a week, for a max of 1 hour a time.

I'm kinda disappointed. I agree that past systems have been rock solid, not sure what happened here. Hopefully it's just a few isolated incidences and not something that will eventually happen to most DS Lites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1