Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No need to be rude, I'm not being ungrateful. But when a feature doesn't work as the programmers intended and it makes problems for the people that are using the software that they so graciously programmed, I'm sure that they'd like to know about it. I'm just a bit frustrated by it is all.

Now that I notice, the loader doesn't create the wiicoverflow.xml file on my SD card either. I really can't see why, other homebrew (such as the Homebrew Browser) can save stuff to my card and I've already tried reformatting it several times, both as FAT and FAT32.

I'm sure any criticism just gets on your nerves after dealing for so long with the throng of borderline mentally retarded 12 year olds that swarm through GBATemp, I apologize for any offense you may have taken from my previous post.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hamelin said:
No need to be rude, I'm not being ungrateful. But when a feature doesn't work as the programmers intended and it makes problems for the people that are using the software that they so graciously programmed, I'm sure that they'd like to know about it. I'm just a bit frustrated by it is all.

Now that I notice, the loader doesn't create the wiicoverflow.xml file on my SD card either. I really can't see why, other homebrew (such as the Homebrew Browser) can save stuff to my card and I've already tried reformatting it several times, both as FAT and FAT32.

I'm sure any criticism just gets on your nerves after dealing for so long with the throng of borderline mentally retarded 12 year olds that swarm through GBATemp, I apologize for any offense you may have taken from my previous post.

It is *impossible* (99%) that it doesn't even create files.
This loader is built also with ease of use in mind.
It auto-creates directories and needed files.
How do you launch it? Anyway remove the SD:/usb-loader directory just for testing, and load the application again.

You are wasting my *precious* time I have for adding titles.txt support! (just kidding
tongue.gif
)

Ciao!

JazzFlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even get how it's supposed to take that long to download covers, when the main site that offers them gives you the option to download them all at once. How hard is it to just keep all the files on your SD card? They barely take up any room. No offense meant to Hamelin at all, just offering a time-saving solution for the time being.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
pretender13 said:
guess no one wanted those images i posted for this loader ?

Please re-post your images - I for one didn't get chance to see them. You might get our attention faster if you post things as an enhancement request on the Googlecode site...

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretender13 said:

Thanks! Sorry missed them
smile.gif

I"ll pull them in this weekend
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Hamelin @ May 22 2009, 10:09 PM) No need to be rude, I'm not being ungrateful. But when a feature doesn't work as the programmers intended and it makes problems for the people that are using the software that they so graciously programmed, I'm sure that they'd like to know about it. I'm just a bit frustrated by it is all.

Oh also i know what your problem is; your SD card was locked. I wont bother saying anything else.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JazzFlight said:
I don't even get how it's supposed to take that long to download covers, when the main site that offers them gives you the option to download them all at once. How hard is it to just keep all the files on your SD card? They barely take up any room. No offense meant to Hamelin at all, just offering a time-saving solution for the time being.
The site only lets people download zip files based on the original sizes of 160x225 which this loader seems to have an issue with.
I havent got around to making a script to zip the resized files yet and im not even sure that i will, which means anyone who doesnt get autodownload to work has to do it manually by typing in the size and clicking on the files they want.

The bandwidth on that site is 200 gigs a week which i dont mind , but if i make it so any size can be zipped and downloaded it may double and that starts to cost me personally - and based on the amount of thanks i see to the people who spend hours writing amazing code for the loaders , i dont think im prepared to spend my hard earned cash for people who wont appreciate it anyway.

If it was only for coders id do it with a heart and a helf , but their autodownload script already works so its really only for individuals who have prolems which they cant figure out themselves and are too lazy to click on 30 or 40 images and save them.

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretender13 said:
Sorry, I did see them, and they look great, thank you!... I have a couple favors to ask:
1. Can you create a set of buttons with no text on them? Just blank, but in both states (black and white)
2. Can you center the text on the 'reset' button (it's a couple of pixels off to the left... and I'm really nitpicky about UI ;-)

I'm put them into the next build.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djtaz said:
JazzFlight said:
The site only lets people download zip files based on the original sizes of 160x225 which this loader seems to have an issue with.
I havent got around to making a script to zip the resized files yet and im not even sure that i will, which means anyone who doesnt get autodownload to work has to do it manually by typing in the size and clicking on the files they want.

The bandwidth on that site is 200 gigs a week which i dont mind , but if i make it so any size can be zipped and downloaded it may double and that starts to cost me personally - and based on the amount of thanks i see to the people who spend hours writing amazing code for the loaders , i dont think im prepared to spend my hard earned cash for people who wont appreciate it anyway.

If it was only for coders id do it with a heart and a helf , but their autodownload script already works so its really only for individuals who have prolems which they cant figure out themselves and are too lazy to click on 30 or 40 images and save them.

Are you the admin of theotherzone?
If so, what about adding titles.txt? Gbatemp doesn't always is up so I prefere to have a more reliable site.
The code of titles.txt is done, but as for now it doesn't download automagically like covers, so I want to do that before the next release.
Thanks for support!

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with scog; it would be awesome to have titles.txt on the site... but who is going to manage it?

Its too much to ask djtaz to worry about that; He's spent way more than enough time setting up an awesome cover repository.

Actually; who manages the current titles.txt?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How exactly does the titles.txt work ? I may be able to do something on the site seeing as the covers are there already.
To be honest , once the framework is done, lads like WiiMonkey and NeoRame and a load of others pretty much cover all the hard work , and text files are usually small so if i can help out again ill do my best.

I dont use titles.txt so i would need it explained to me so see if it can be done.

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titles.txt is just a text file that has all the names of wii games.
so original names like 'sports pack for revolution' has proper name like wii sports.
should be much easier to host than images at least.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djtaz said:
How exactly does the titles.txt work ? I may be able to do something on the site seeing as the covers are there already.
To be honest , once the framework is done, lads like WiiMonkey and NeoRame and a load of others pretty much cover all the hard work , and text files are usually small so if i can help out again ill do my best.

I dont use titles.txt so i would need it explained to me so see if it can be done.

Titlelist is simple a txt containing all (almost) released wii game so far.
Its form is like this:

RUUE = Animal Crossing: City Folk
RUUP = Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City
RGPJ = Anime Slot Revolution Pachi-slot Kidou S
RI3P = Ant Bully

The format is explained by itself.

Usually iso names aren't wrote correctly, so the program that use titles.txt displays the correct name based on the game id.
There is a wiki on gbatemp who allows user to edit it, but as I said, this site sometimes goes down and/or is slow.

Help is appreciated.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could get the boxart site to go through all of its covers and create 1 text file as above and have a section in the Admin side of it to run the script to refresh it when required.

It shouldnt be too hard to do that really - ill take a look later and let you guys know.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
I could get the boxart site to go through all of its covers and create 1 text file as above and have a section in the Admin side of it to run the script to refresh it when required.

It shouldnt be too hard to do that really - ill take a look later and let you guys know.

Dude that would be awesome. YOu are a stud
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would something like this do ?

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/admin/titles.php

It creates the list on the fly based on the names on the site (some may need to be fixed, but thats possible in the admin section and i can add in some of you if you want) ... but do you guys need it to be in a titles.txt format or can your loaders take the file in that format and save it ?

Its easy enought to put it to a text file if required.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djtaz said:
Would something like this do ?

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/admin/titles.php

It creates the list on the fly based on the names on the site (some may need to be fixed, but thats possible in the admin section and i can add in some of you if you want) ... but do you guys need it to be in a titles.txt format or can your loaders take the file in that format and save it ?

Its easy enought to put it to a text file if required.

it asks for authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk