Not open for further replies.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill said:
rutny said:
So if you delete an ISO via WBFS, make sure to remove the corresponding images from the mem card as well (I mean cmon..lets not expect this app to walk the dog for us too)

Interesting; In the process of testing i've deleted/added many games w/out messing with the images and haven't had any problems.

What USB Hard drive do you have? External or USB Power?

Also, when it froze, did it freeze on "initializing WBFS" ?

If so; I think we are adding in a larger recount try to resolve this; but just trying to see if this will help with your issue.

Thanks for the donation BTW
smile.gif
It'll most likely either go towards finishing the 2nd floor of a school at the orphanage; or completing construction of the medical clinic.

Using:
WBFS Manager 3.0
External Powered USB device

First and foremost, I really don't think this is an issue really...more of a "hey if this happens to you...try this before you holler at the devs"
when I woke up today, I added a game and deleted a game through WBFS. No problems.
When I started up cover flow it booted up and as soon as the box images appeared it froze.

The only thing that changed between the time I used it last and the freeze, was adding a game and deleting a game.
I assumed this was just one of those minor glitches with an easy work around.....deleted the image that belonged to the deleted ISO, then re-booted. Perfect.
Maybe it is just me, but I can say this. I have had a couple glitches since downloading and they all really pointed to the box images for me.
1st - Initial install of Cover Flow (had existing images on my mem card from where I downloaded the "full" pack of images) Quite possibly the images I had were not the proper size for this app (as mentioned in my first post)
2nd - Screen was all screwy when I tried to load 3D box art. (again this goes back to my not having the right image size)
3rd - This latest one. But I havent a clue as the image sizes were correct, not really sure why the freeze...but what I did worked for me so I am good
smile.gif

*side note....noticed today the zoom function by using the directional keys...that was kick ass! Can't wait to see what you chaps have in store for us next.

** Second side note if anyone is reading these posts before deciding to try it....the article that originally led me here stated that RC2 was not that stable and may be best to stick to RC1 for now. To be fair to this application, I have to say that this is not true. As with any software you use, you have to "wear" it and get comfortable with it...for it to do what you need or what it was intended to do. Little bit of patience...and common sense goes a long way
smile.gif

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello,
i have never had any problems with my wii, but after running rc2 and playing a game (marbles balance challenge), the game crashed. after that, when trying to launch the HBC it doesnt start but i get a ' the system files are corrupt' message.

luckily i had a bootmii backup, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
harroway said:
hello,
i have never had any problems with my wii, but after running rc2 and playing a game (marbles balance challenge), the game crashed. after that, when trying to launch the HBC it doesnt start but i get a ' the system files are corrupt' message.

A friend of mine just had his Wii die completely after getting a code dump with a USB Loader. He pulled the power when it code dumped and then tried to turn the Wii back on but he gets no display at all now. Can't even get savemii free to work... and he didn't have bootmii installed...

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Wait for couple mins and try again, it should be fine. I did that several times. When I tried to power on again, the light of the power button was always off. If your friend's wii was in the same situation, that because the fuse of the adapter jumped off for safety, about 5~10 mins later it will recover and works again.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
harroway said:
hello,

A friend of mine just had his Wii die completely after getting a code dump with a USB Loader. He pulled the power when it code dumped and then tried to turn the Wii back on but he gets no display at all now. Can't even get savemii free to work... and he didn't have bootmii installed...

Im sure a usbloader cant brick a wii or at least i hope it cant!!! ???. It doesnt write to the nand or anything so dont see how it can brick? hopefully anyway!

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Release Candidate 3 out, here is the changelog:

-FIX
* Fixed transparent reflection problem ( issue73 )
* Fixed a bug that download black image when a cover is not found ( issue134 )
* Fixed a bug that my crash wii if wireless signal is lost: now network is initialized each time a button that requires a download is clicked ( issue138 )
* Fixed a post installation dump ( issue128 )
* Fixed slow setting menu bug ( issue131 )
* Other minor fixes we forgot, and general code cleanup

-NEWS
* New Graphic Setting - Falloff
* Wiimote battery support
* New buttons images
* Support for titles.txt, downloadable from settings menu

Download from here: http://wiicoverflow.googlecode.com/files/W...verFlow-RC3.zip

We *hardly* tried to not add tons of new features in favour of fixing bugs, hope you'll like it!

Enjoy!

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent. Great work, Just downloaded RC3

Could you give me a line from titles.txt as my wii isnt connected to the net and so cant download the titles.txt file automatically.

This way ill be able to edit the file manually and put my own titles in there.
Thanks.

*** Update ***

No problem ive just checked out the code and seen where you download the titles.txt file from and downloaded it manually on my PC.
For anyone else to change the name of a title heres an example for titles.txt

PK6P = Marbles Balance Challenge

ModderFokker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
awesome work guys...
tongue.gif

However had a party last night and couldnt get those old games to work (wii sports/party)....do i need to install something specifically for those games.

(never played those games so just found out
biggrin.gif
)

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titles.txt downloaded and work fine, but now the covers are not in alphabetical order.
for example, 'sports pack for revolution' now correctly displays its name which is 'wii sports' but the position of the cover didn't change.... it's still in the s section instead of w.

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i'm getting a code dump with ocarina on.
i have ocarina code for only 1 game (mario kart) and when i try to run it with ocarina on, i get a code dump.
this used to work fine with rc2, so i don't know why this is broken now.

Posts merged

dancemonkey said:
Really nice, thank you!!!! Quick question. How do you turn the titles off?

Cheers.

you can manually delete 'titles.txt' in your usb-loader folder on sd card.

JazzFlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlxowhd said:
i have ocarina code for only 1 game (mario kart) and when i try to run it with ocarina on, i get a code dump.
Confirming this as well. I use Ocarina for Rune Factory: Frontier and in RC3 it gives a code dump on boot (worked fine with RC2).
Also confirming that the Titles.txt does not sort games with their proper names, instead it still sorts by original iso name.

I like the new graphics menu tweaks, really gives the user some nice customization options.

I'm going to stay on RC2 for a bit until the code dump issue works out, but the other new changes are definitely welcome.

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlxowhd said:

Posts merged

dancemonkey said:
Really nice, thank you!!!! Quick question. How do you turn the titles off?

Cheers.

you can manually delete 'titles.txt' in your usb-loader folder on sd card.

We'll bring back a setting for it... soon...

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
does anyone have source of rc3? the newest wont compile, i need the r420 or r419.

i need it because i want to translate the program to my language.

sponge_13

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried this version and had to go back to 2.
The menu works great but as soon as i launch a game it dumps >_<
anyone else seeing this issue?

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
sponge_13 said:
Tried this version and had to go back to 2.
The menu works great but as soon as i launch a game it dumps >_<
anyone else seeing this issue?
I did. So far I tried two games, Dead Rising(NTSC-U) and Punch Out (NTSC-U) which work in USB LoaderGX.
I am in 3.3v1 NTSC-U, cIOS36rev10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game...