Hacking Could not get Blue Card to work - Gateway

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, apologies but made a mistake. I'm currently on 9.2.0-20. So for Tomy, I have installed the mset and bluecardfix.cia files in GW sysnand mode and it made no difference. Black screen.

For the CFW method. I'm sort of trying it as well and i'm stuck in this part:
Section II - Launching SafeB9SInstaller
3. Launch safehax from the list of homebrew

When i it run it'll get stuck at "Crypto Status - FIRM crypto fail".

You need the aeskeydb.bin with the files IIRC, but I don't know the specifics on where to put t and stuff, someone else needs to help you on this...

You should be able to find it on the guide, somewhere. I don't think I can link it.

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm currently on 9.2.0-20. So for Tomy, I have installed the mset and bluecardfix.cia files in GW sysnand mode and it made no difference. Black screen.
Sysnand on 9.2.0, its clear and twlfirm is working?
You should get error screen, not just black screen.
I think the problem is in your CFW if you're using it for sysnand or broken twlfirm:
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Does the Blue Card work in GW mode?

Hell no. Gateway mode's firmlaunchhax breaks things so booting TWL_FIRM doesn't work correctly. This has been broken since the dawn of Gateway and they STILL have not bothered to fix it. :P

Plus what ever other weird patches they use is also breaking it.

I don't believe any DS carts/DSiWare work at all in Gateway mode. That's how incompetent they are.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,
I tried a few other methods like finding a pre made sdcard files but i'm still getting the crypto error. I resetted the device (fresh 9.2.0) and still getting the same error. Does anyone know how to solve this? i tried googling this error and all i find is that the folder/file structure is incorrect.

I looked and looked and fairly certain the structure on the sd card is correct

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I tried a few other methods like finding a pre made sdcard files but i'm still getting the crypto error. I resetted the device (fresh 9.2.0) and still getting the same error. Does anyone know how to solve this? i tried googling this error and all i find is that the folder/file structure is incorrect.

I looked and looked and fairly certain the structure on the sd card is correct

Can you send me a picture of your SD and of the error message?

dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't worry, all good now. I read somewhere when performing a downgrade using CTRTransfer, something get deleted. One of the poster said to restore the nand using the backup (which i accidentally deleted. only have a 9.2 backup). The poster said to go to some URL (sorry forgot to take note, if someone in the future needs the info) to get a list of games with built in firmware updates. I found Dragon Quest VII to have 10.7 and i pretty much went down the road and picked up a copy.

Inserted the game and updated. Went through the guide again and BAM works. Performing the last nand backup now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot to ask, if i factory reset the 3DS with Luma3ds installed, do i have to redo anything?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, all good now. I read somewhere when performing a downgrade using CTRTransfer, something get deleted. One of the poster said to restore the nand using the backup (which i accidentally deleted. only have a 9.2 backup). The poster said to go to some URL (sorry forgot to take note, if someone in the future needs the info) to get a list of games with built in firmware updates. I found Dragon Quest VII to have 10.7 and i pretty much went down the road and picked up a copy.

Inserted the game and updated. Went through the guide again and BAM works. Performing the last nand backup now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot to ask, if i factory reset the 3DS with Luma3ds installed, do i have to redo anything?
No, except you will have to reinstall all non-nand games and Homebrew. You will lose all titles, and everything on your SD unless you use an unofficial formatter, like TinyFormat, in which you only lose titles.

Edit: you can find TinyFormat here: https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases

Last edited by Deleted member 424454,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated