Corrupted Cartridge Fixer Release

martian-isotopes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey skawo! I'm just hopping in to THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! I was having issues with my Miitopia cart and after running the corruption fix throughout the day, IT WORKS!!
I tried the cart on both my new and old 3DS xl, and since the same error was coming up on both, I figured it was a cart issue
I was about to try your fix using my o3DS after seeing if anything's changed after leaving your program refreshing the hashes all day (~ 5mil total) and ta-da! It's running now!

There are still 3 or some hashes that just don't seem to get a match, so I'll try once more through my O3DS this time, just to see if I can get that thing to match if I leave it on for long enough

God, that was driving me crazy
bless you
(and let me know if you'd need any more information, I'm happy to provide!)

Reactions: skawo

Nielssie0420

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like you're getting into regular godmode and not this one?
Can you post a screenshot of where you placed the file?
oh lol you are so fucking right, i selected the wrong application on the menu screen XD
This is the first time i've ever hacked my 3DS so I just figured I did something wrong 😅 Thanks anyway though!!!

Last edited by Nielssie0420,

martian-isotopes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I left my ds doing its thing overnight, refresh count now at ~14 mil and the hashes are going by crazy fast, in contrast with how it would be when matches were being found

this seems to happen to the three hashes at the 1% mark

I'll keep trying after I'm done playing the game

Laier

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I left my ds doing its thing overnight, refresh count now at ~14 mil and the hashes are going by crazy fast, in contrast with how it would be when matches were being found

this seems to happen to the three hashes at the 1% mark

I'll keep trying after I'm done playing the game

Keep at it, my copy of alpha sapphire had to go through maybe 9,10 full fixes before it would pass the verification check.

Reactions: martian-isotopes

kirb0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@skawo, I joined this forum after finding your post via google and wanted to thank you! your tool saved my copy of kirby robobot. I had to run it 3 times, after which the verifier passed. AMAZING!

ge0rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@skawo thanks very much. I also was able to recover one of my carts (but I didn't test it before, it just failed verification, did some 23k refresh rounds and is working now).

Would it be possible to extend that to NDS carts as well? They are also NAND based, but do they also have a refresh command that would be triggered by `CardInterfaceBase::SendRefresh()`?

EleventhOcean

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but I think if you have a 3DS collection, running it through the tool once a couple of years is a good idea.
If I'm doing this just as a precaution, not due to any issues with the games themselves, is just doing the "verify" option enough (assuming it comes back successful), or should I run the "fix cartidge corruption" option?

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just the verify is fine.

The fix cartridge option is based on the verify code - if your cartridge is fine, then both will run the exact same process.

Reactions: EleventhOcean

epic_ant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm trying this out right now and I was wondering how long it should take to fix the cartridge? I've had the program running for a while now and my refresh count is around 400,000. Is it worth keeping things going or should I just count my losses and get a new copy to put my save data on?

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
400 000 doesn't seem unreasonable, although

Has the progress moved any?
Is the current hash changing, or is it working on the same one?

dansundertale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just made an account to let you know that this fixed my Fire Emblem Awakening cartridge. First attempt took about 7 hours to finish, took about 6 hours to get to 50% with ~4 million refreshes, then the rest went pretty quickly.
Tested it right after and it crashed on the title screen instead of loading infinitely which was a good start. Second attempt took 30ish minutes, and now it's as good as new.
My Awakening cartridge was sitting in its case untouched for almost 10 years and I was so confused why it wasn't working. You're doing god's work with this solution, thanks a ton.

Bluebook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi skawo, thanks for making this tool. Crazy to think it took a data leak to help identify something that could help reverse the damage from a bad design decision.

So I have 2 games from my collection that wouldn't load normally. Running your tool both with and without "select" mode doesn't give me much hope, however. Both have numerous blocks that all I get is a continuously changing hash and that converges on the expected one and never gets "stuck" - it can go 12+ hours on a single block and I come back to just the "500 refreshes" message. What's going on here? is the data so far gone I just read random data from all these blocks?

Really disappointing treasured games are rotting on the shelf without realizing. Thanks dude

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like the exefs is bad, maybe? The exefs hash is just a single giant chunk, so it takes a lot of time refresh, because it has to read back a lot of data each time.

I have an idea though, try the attached version.
This will try to run the refresh command 100 times per cycle, hopefully speeding this process up?

Do not use the SELECT mode while running this.

Attachments

• 100refresh.zip
    274.4 KB · Views: 21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety