Cords included!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am now going to have to look up is this is a regional/dialect affair. Cord, wire, cable, lead.... before this I had never heard of any dislike here and considered them all perfect synonyms in both power and signals give or take cable occasionally also being a mechanical thing, though even there wire has some mechanical applications (a light, inextensible wire attaches at......). Actually come to think of it I can have a light cord in my bathroom/toilet and a dog/horse lead.

I might have considered it if you had said plug when people mean cord, which leads to the actual one of plug when people mean socket and vice versa.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Cable is not amused.

HuKF1hG.jpg

D

Deleted-236924

Don't you hate it when you go outside and a velociraptor throws a fridge at you?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Wire" is a thread-like piece of metal, "cable" is an elastic tube containing wires or a metal rope used for supporting heavy objects, "cord" is a thick string, a thin rope or a piece/es of wire with a protective cover used for electric appliances (American) and "lead" is a covered piece of wire used for electric appliances (British), people use the terms interchangeably because people tend to be dumb. :tpi:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty