Is There a Mod To Make the WIIU Gamepad Screen Brighter ?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i recently got my WIIU back as i borrowed it to a buddy at work ... i actually forgot home much i liked playing wiiu games so i bought two upgrades a wireless sensor bar & a Battery Upgrade ....
So now the battery last like 7x longer ... i was interested if anyone made a Mod to increase the brightness of the Gamepad ,,like when the power cord is in the screen has a extra lift to the brightness
my wiiu is on CBHC
Thanks Dan ..

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well i recently got my WIIU back as i borrowed it to a buddy at work ... i actually forgot home much i liked playing wiiu games so i bought two upgrades a wireless sensor bar & a Battery Upgrade ....
So now the battery last like 7x longer ... i was interested if anyone made a Mod to increase the brightness of the Gamepad ,,like when the power cord is in the screen has a extra lift to the brightness
my wiiu is on CBHC
Thanks Dan ..
Good morning,

I don't know of a module to make the brightness of the gamepad stronger

In general, the Gamepad brightness is set to 4, you can set it to 5.

gamepad brightness ==>
https://fr-americas-support.nintend...st-the-screen-brightness-of-the-wii-u-gamepad

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the gamepad faulty? If your complaining about the brightness I'd suggest your lcd is on its way out.

Unless your new battery has had a detrimental effect, is there any change if you put the old battery back in? Personally I find the brightness good enough so I can't imagine your complaint is regarding the standard brightness and another factor is at play.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

I don't know of a module to make the brightness of the gamepad stronger

In general, the Gamepad brightness is set to 4, you can set it to 5.

gamepad brightness ==>
https://fr-americas-support.nintend...st-the-screen-brightness-of-the-wii-u-gamepad
Oh its always on Max level i was just hoping to push it even brighter... As ive most probably got used to Oled... Because of my Vita, Switch... Steamdeck... When i play say black ops 2 online.. It just seems a little dark... All the same
Thanks for the reply!
Post automatically merged:

Is the gamepad faulty? If your complaining about the brightness I'd suggest your lcd is on its way out.

Unless your new battery has had a detrimental effect, is there any change if you put the old battery back in? Personally I find the brightness good enough so I can't imagine your complaint is regarding the standard brightness and another factor is at play.
No not at all the gamepad is perfectly fine! Its now i upgraded my battery... It used to work on full brightness for say around a hour and a half... Now it can last about 8 hours i guess... So if i could get it brighter i would..

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
like when the power cord is in the screen has a extra lift to the brightness
Yea, there's still room even when the brightness setting is at max already. Sadly I think this extra lift is coded directly into the gamepads firmware, so no way for the Wii U to utilise it. Keeping the brightness (/w/o wall power) at around 90% max was probably some stupid energy saving feature from Nintendo.

So let's hope gamepad CFWs will surface one day... I don't think this will happen but one can dream, no?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, there's still room even when the brightness setting is at max already. Sadly I think this extra lift is coded directly into the gamepads firmware, so no way for the Wii U to utilise it. Keeping the brightness (/w/o wall power) at around 90% max was probably some stupid energy saving feature from Nintendo.

So let's hope gamepad CFWs will surface one day... I don't think this will happen but one can dream, no?
Yeah i guess you don't win them all oh well thanks for the reply..... I won't hold my breath on this one... & I'll never give up hope either!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol